Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,081,746 Views | 231780 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TSLA VOLUME

FIRING UP 5m squeeze, cold trigger a squeeze dam break.
f yeah
McInnis 03
AG
Just closed both my Broken-Wing Butterflies on TSLA, let me work up the finale tally.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ragoo
AG
Now I just need TSLA and ROKU to HOLD thru tomorrow.
GreasenUSA
AG

When you wait all morning for TSLA to break 1900, take a 15% gain on the 1950C, and then watch it go another 200% over the next 10 minutes.
59 South
AG
ROKU big volume spike break out. Trying to find news...
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Touchless
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

TSLA VOLUME

FIRING UP 5m squeeze, cold trigger a squeeze dam break.
10m and 15m squeezes have been fired as well. BULLISH
I think you'll like this play.

1800/1850/1920 C fly. Can get $800 credit or so for it. Adding this to the put fly gives you over $1k in credit and if it closes between 1800-2000, you're good. If it closes above or below there, you're risk is less than $1k.

edit...nvm, just saw you closed it out.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Just closed both my Broken-Wing Butterflies on TSLA, let me work up the finale tally.
8/17 opened 1790/1850/1900p BWB fly
Received $1.35 to open, risk $8.65
Closed 8/20, received $7.00 to close
$8.35 credit total minus t&c

8/18 opened 1890/1940/1980p BWB fly
Received $2.00 to open, risk $8.00
Closed 8/20, received 5.01 to close
$7.01 credit total minus t&c

Could have held to tomorrow and had things just rocketed to above 1980 I'd have kept the $2.35, but I had a hole in the middle there around 1900 that I didn't want to defend.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
TriumphForks
AG
QD playing games with me
ProgN
Colt98 said:

What do you guys think about FSLY. I bought some Aug 28 85 calls yesterday. Thinking model T gets it to 95 soon....
Pay the man

Good trade.
BrokeAssAggie
TriumphForks said:

QD playing games with me

Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Could have held to tomorrow and had things just rocketed to above 1980 I'd have kept the $2.35, but I had a hole in the middle there around 1900 that I didn't want to defend.
my 1875/1950 spread cost $29 and should max out at $75
gougler08
AG
TriumphForks said:

QD playing games with me
Right off the 21 EMA
McInnis 03
AG
Ragoo said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Really nice job not getting shook. I was worried last night. Now keep an eye, 1950 may not be safe overnight, but who knows, looks like TSLA 2000 day.

B&I Key:
wanderer
I have some TSLA 8/21 1950/2050 spreads. How dumb would I be to sell back my lower strike price and risk TSLA not passing 2050 by tomorrow to keep the higher strike price premium??
59 South
AG
NIO looks buyable here after a double bottom. I've been loaded for a while so still holding.

McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

I have some TSLA 8/21 1950/2050 spreads. How dumb would I be to sell back my lower strike price and risk TSLA not passing 2050 by tomorrow to keep the higher strike price premium??
Turn off the machine and walk away. You have good protection in place, don't ruin it.

B&I Key:
Talon2DSO
AG
DDOG is having a great day! I've got 80c expiring tomorrow. Should I pull the trigger now to StC or wait
Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Ragoo said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Really nice job not getting shook. I was worried last night. Now keep an eye, 1950 may not be safe overnight, but who knows, looks like TSLA 2000 day.
i have a sell order in place the further away from 1950 we get delta approaches 1. Just need one matching buyer for each strike.
fooz
gougler08 said:

TriumphForks said:

QD playing games with me
Right off the 21 EMA
Let me buy some more at 1.60
McInnis 03
AG
Ragoo said:

McInnis 03 said:

Ragoo said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

i have a sell order in place the further away from 1950 we get delta approaches 1. Just need one matching buyer for each strike.
Don't be afraid to take a small discount to make a lot of money!

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
AMD volume spike. I keep seeing these short spike volume spikes in momentum names. The 59 fund is rocking today with some indication that there is way more to come. Interesting action on my goto names for a random flatish Thursday. Not sure what to think... need an OA or aggiedaniel or clay bat signal for some macro indication...

wanderer
McInnis 03 said:

wanderer said:

Turn off the machine and walk away. You have good protection in place, don't ruin it.
Yah but that would prevent me from over trading. What fun would that be??
gougler08
AG
fooz said:

gougler08 said:

TriumphForks said:

QD playing games with me
Right off the 21 EMA
Let me buy some more at 1.60
That's my accumulation point as well
McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

McInnis 03 said:

wanderer said:

Yah but that would prevent me from over trading. What fun would that be??
What is overtrading?

Is that when you close both your positions and open a new one because you don't want to miss TSLA 2000+? Because I don't know......anything.........about..........that.........

B&I Key:
ProgN
GOCO just fell through the floor.
Txducker
AG
Prognightmare said:

I don't get this, I thought the earnings were good.
Rice and Fries
Txducker said:

Prognightmare said:

Buy the dip?
wanderer
Quick question - I had some SQ Dec calls there were net free and have been selling OTM calls against them. There's a pretty chance that these will be ITM come Friday. I know that I could buy them back and be fine, but what happens if I didn't?

I've been called out on covered calls before and just lost my shares. Would this be similar to being called out on naked calls (have never dipped my toes in that water) or does me having further out strike dates affect how this is treated? This is in TDA if that matters.
Touchless
AG
McInnis 03 said:

wanderer said:

On top of that, the 1,950 is only getting $56 in premium so that's saying it expects to expire at 2,006 tomorrow. if it expires at 2006, the 2050 is worthless anyway. So nothing to gain by selling the 1950 and holding the 2050. If it closes under 2,000, then you'd start losing some money from the current point.
wanderer
I probably didn't clarify enough in my original question.

I was considering selling my 1950 and holding my 2050 to keep (hopefully) the premium if it doesn't cross 2050. This would be instead of closing out the spread all together while TSLA has shot up.
ProgN
Rice and Fries said:

Txducker said:

Prognightmare said:

Buy the dip?
I did at 17.58.
McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

Quick question - I had some SQ Dec calls there were net free and have been selling OTM calls against them. There's a pretty chance that these will be ITM come Friday. I know that I could buy them back and be fine, but what happens if I didn't?

I've been called out on covered calls before and just lost my shares. Would this be similar to being called out on naked calls (have never dipped my toes in that water) or does me having further out strike dates affect how this is treated? This is in TDA if that matters.
you can roll the covered calls out. If they expire friday, a roll would be buying them back and reselling a later date (possibly higher strike also) for more premium (credit) or more time (debit) in the same transaction.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
TSLA continuation bar on the 30m, that was fast. Algo's doing algo things I guess. Could still fail and become an outside bar.

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Prognightmare said:

Rice and Fries said:

Txducker said:

Prognightmare said:

Buy the dip?
I did at 17.58.
Any chance all that action before it broke suppport at 17.5 was shorts who then loaded up under 17?
Touchless
AG
wanderer said:

I probably didn't clarify enough in my original question.

I was considering selling my 1950 and holding my 2050 to keep (hopefully) the premium if it doesn't cross 2050. This would be instead of closing out the spread all together while TSLA has shot up.
Right. I'm saying if you were to sell that one leg now, you'd pocket the $55 premium (plus whatever you sold the 2050 for which I'm assuming was around $20 so call it $75) and then hope it doesn't go past 2050 as it would be cutting into your premium from the 1950 you sold. But say it ends up closing at 2055. You'd net $100 in premium then (105 from the 1950 less the 5 from the 2050). So you'd be shorting yourself out of an additional $40 in premium (125 total premium received less the 5 in premium you'd have to pay out).

Conversely, if it closes below say 1970 (assuming that's around your break even), then you'd be losing on that as well. That said, if you're going to close out the 1950, you should close out the whole thing and take the current profit.

That's my opinion, but someone smarter than me could give better advice. I'm new to the fly's still. There's a reason McInnis earned the "McFly" monicker.
First Page Last Page
Page 2060 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.