Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,924 Views | 231658 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by sts7049
cptthunder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cptthunder said:

stroodles said:

Anyone have any thoughts on grocery stores? I'm thinking about picking up KR and SFM and hold it through Q2 earnings. Just looking at whats happening around me. The grocery stores around us were well picked over most of the shut down, and some folks have moved to one of the services that shop for you.
I had the same thoughts and have been in KR for a couple weeks now and its been steadily climbing and looking to break above a 52wk high soon
Im very new at this and have done no TA or anything like that but listening to there Q1 call and them getting hammered over not giving guidance but still beating estimates seem like a good time to get in
From last Friday KR has now broken into a new 52 wk high if it closes up today and still looking strong based on volume so far
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

McInnis 03 said:

Gap fade in full effect.
still there man.
Stone hands, can be an all day thing. And then we know no setup works every time.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Fireman
AG
I've done quite a bit of research on all the players in the CV-19 lottery. My preference is $VXRT as they are the only one making a pill instead of a shot, which gives them a nice differentiating factor. Their lab results (small sample sizes) also look good.

Certainly nothing wrong with SRNE, I had them in my top 4 and they have made a nice move recently.

Anyone investing in these names has to realize the risk and when the news breaks that one is approved for treatment, it's highly likely many of the other names will lose 75% of their value in a nano second. GL
McInnis 03
AG
Ain't no lotto like a pharma lotto cuz a pharma lotto don't stop...........
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
tailgatetimer10
AG
With the extra focus on 'health safety' I wonder if more people are going to get the Flu vaccine. You got to think eventually covid will be cocktailed with the flu vaccine.
TecRecAg
AG
Bought ZM 724 262.5C on the dip. Run baby run...

I've been bad about updating lately. Plays this morning include..

SPCE 724 25C
ATVI 731 85C
BLDP AUG 23C
SNAP AUG 27C (someone knows something )
Fightin2010
AG
It's no doubt a lotto. I do think there will be multiple winners in this space over time though.
KT 90
AG
drred4 said:

KT 90 said:

texagbeliever said:

In case anyone is wondering, ERI became CZR overnight.

Schwab has my ERI concerted to a number now, and says name change eff 7/21/20.

CZR not showing up yet. I guess it takes a day to wash through and show up?
In fidelity ERI is just showing up as a number not ERI as ticker per the above. I guess you are not able to sell it today as I do not have that option?? Only have purchase history.

The temp number is listed on the LOV for positions on the trade page, so looks like I could. I imagine tomorrow it'll have the updated name.
McInnis 03
AG
Fightin2010 said:

It's no doubt a lotto. I do think there will be multiple winners in this space over time though.
I have a bias against pharma, seems every time I've played an FDA approval I've gotten taken behind the woodshed and been made humble.

B&I Key:
GigEmRangers75455
txaggie_08 said:

There were some talking about GTXO last week. It had a little run up, but is now back where it Was almost 2 weeks ago. Are y'all still playing this penny stock, or sell last week while it was above $.02?

Yea that one kinda fizzled. I have an open order to sell it once I break even.
Maximus_Meridius
AG

ETA: The short term SPY puts (expiring this week or tomorrow) are probably doing the same gap fade play that McInnis is doing. It's the August puts that are interesting here.
tam2002
AG
cptthunder said:

Just wanted to join the ONTX club and say I took majority of shares off at 150% gain and still net free on a couple hundred to see how it plays out
Same here for 130% gain and still have a couple hundred to see what happens. Will have a whiskey to celebrate later
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think it will fall mid morning and then resume the plodding ramp.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think it will fall mid morning and then resume the plodding ramp.
I already took all the risk off an rolled into a lower position. They may die worthless, but #CapitalPreserved.

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
Got distracted before posting this in here. Puts already up 28%

AGSmith
AG
tam2002 said:

cptthunder said:

Just wanted to join the ONTX club and say I took majority of shares off at 150% gain and still net free on a couple hundred to see how it plays out
Same here for 130% gain and still have a couple hundred to see what happens. Will have a whiskey to celebrate later
I sold enough yesterday at a 135% gain to cover my initial investment. I also have a couple hundred shares left to run with
McInnis 03
AG
Someone just dropped $450K on the IWM 150C for this Friday. Banks gonna run the rest of the week?

B&I Key:
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Got distracted before posting this in here. Puts already up 28%

Thanks OA! Smaller account, but got protection both ways for cheap enough that both could go to 0 and it'd be a good day still.
Philip J Fry
AG
Can someone explain net free?

Is that simply 100% return + fees/taxes?
krosch11
AG
I feel like everyone here uses it slightly different in their own way but for me it means recovering my initial investment in full, and letting the rest ride as "free" shares .
McInnis 03
AG
Philip J Fry said:

buy 100 shares at $50.
Sell 50 shares at $100.
Own 50 shares, net free.

It's equivalent to taking off all the risk.

(Taxes and commissions are on you)

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Yes
TecRecAg
AG
Philip J Fry said:

I always set it up like this..

What you paid for contract multiplied by number of contracts divided by current price of contract = How many contracts you sell to go net free.
oldarmy1
AG
Sold all SLV calls. Sold CDE covered calls against all shares $5 and under
McInnis 03
AG
Y'all, this f'ing combo right here, this is really good **** y'all.

I need more of this combo in my life!

B&I Key:
Touchless
AG
ONTX with the Model T. Flashed down to $1.26, but primarily was at the $1.31 mark.
birks
To whomever shared NOVN a couple weeks ago, bought in at .51 and out at $1.02. I share the similar sentiment towards penny stocks many people share, but I'll tally this one for the winners (although the loser tally is not zero I must say).
Proposition Joe
txaggie_08 said:

There were some talking about GTXO last week. It had a little run up, but is now back where it Was almost 2 weeks ago. Are y'all still playing this penny stock, or sell last week while it was above $.02?

Sold at $0.023, back in at $0.017
txaggie_08
AG
For ONTX, I've let all of my shares ride so far, but have place a stop for a little less than half my shares at $1.25. That way I'll at least go net free at that point and still have over half my shares. Hoping to ride up to $2+ though.
texagbeliever
SDC looks to have some MO!
Proposition Joe
McInnis 03 said:

Philip J Fry said:

buy 100 shares at $50.
Sell 50 shares at $100.
Own 50 shares, net free.

But you're essentially paying for the reduction in risk with future profits. It's a good strategy for many people, but it can also put people into this mindset that just because they are "at least break-even" on an investment that they have done well -- except "at least break-even" shouldn't be most people's goal.
Bonfire1996
AG
Proposition Joe said:

McInnis 03 said:

Philip J Fry said:

buy 100 shares at $50.
Sell 50 shares at $100.
Own 50 shares, net free.

But you're essentially paying for the reduction in risk with future profits. It's a good strategy for many people, but it can also put people into this mindset that just because they are "at least break-even" on an investment that they have done well -- except "at least break-even" shouldn't be most people's goal.
the whole point is to turn a VERY short term trade into a 100% profit, long term option, no matter the risk.

For example.....Many people here have net free, ROKU shares with a cost basis in the 30s. They became net free in a matter of weeks if not days. It isn't a technical term, but a mindset that you blasted the shlt out of some short term risk and now you have long term, fugg you money potential.
gig em 02
Proposition Joe said:

McInnis 03 said:

Philip J Fry said:

buy 100 shares at $50.
Sell 50 shares at $100.
Own 50 shares, net free.

Yes, most peoples goal should be to find happiness and live a life that they look back on without regret
khaos288
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Proposition Joe said:

McInnis 03 said:

Philip J Fry said:

buy 100 shares at $50.
Sell 50 shares at $100.
Own 50 shares, net free.

the whole point is to turn a VERY short term trade into a 100% profit, long term option, no matter the risk.

For example.....Many people here have net free, ROKU shares with a cost basis in the 30s. They became net free in a matter of weeks if not days. It isn't a technical term, but a mindset that you blasted the shlt out of some short term risk and now you have long term, fugg you money potential.

This is a good synopsis. If you have a portfolio full of net free holdings, you just need 1 or 2 to run, and you're really pulling it in with minimal risk.
Proposition Joe
Bonfire1996 said:

Proposition Joe said:

McInnis 03 said:

Philip J Fry said:

buy 100 shares at $50.
Sell 50 shares at $100.
Own 50 shares, net free.

Many people here have net free, ROKU shares with a cost basis in the 30s. They became net free in a matter of weeks if not days. It isn't a technical term, but a mindset that you blasted the shlt out of some short term risk and now you have long term, fugg you money potential.

I understand it, but it's careful for people to also understand "net free" isn't actually free. You're paying for it, it's just being paid for in future potential profits. If your expected value for why you entered the position in the first place still hasn't been reached, then you're essentially doubting your initial prediction. It's a hedge.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's counter-productive if that wasn't part of your initial plan.
First Page Last Page
Page 1913 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.