Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,261,588 Views | 225199 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Spoony Love
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Proposition Joe said:

So which way we headed heading into the weekend gentlemen?
I don't know but with such a strong continuous up day I think I may try another eod strangle!

hopefully up though...just need BAC to grab another 11c and I won't get assigned going into the weekend....
59 South
AG
UpstateAg said:

Swing trades are the longest things most of us buy on here. Unless you got roku at 35 in December 2018.

I use this thread for all kinds of ideas but I study and decide and never follow blindly. Although I did at first and totally effed up a lot. Lessons learned. I have a couple of buy and hold forever things here that I never planned to be when I bought. This stuff is fluid and this thread is great. The debate is the best and my favorite part.

I botched that ROKU entry fall 2018 because I studied and was so sold on them long term that I jumped the gun before I understood the technicals and EMAs and momentum and averaged down to about 44 on 1000 shares total now. I rode that down to below 30. Pucker? Of course! Worried now 18 months later about 10k or so I could've "saved" on entry when it is 150k+ now?!? Naw dawg. We all good!
59 South
AG
If we close around spy 317 or so today, that's an upside breakout for y'all asking about where we are going. I'll try to sneak away from Friday night family time to post a chart in a bit inspired by hidden pivots on the twitter (one of the follow worthy ones)...
Grown Pear
AG
Now fast forward as your portfolio grows and you're accumulating more and more. When said stock makes a healthy pull back (and there usually always is one or more) and you decide to buy more. Now you've got both L/T and S/T holdings. This continues so when you get to a spot you want to capture gains you can specify selling your LT holdings for those tax benefits while hanging onto those that are ST. Even with similar cost bases!
Brewmaster
AG
cptthunder said:

WallyWorld is trying to break 130 for the 2nd time today
Come on....
Any thoughts on where this could go if it manages to break? ive looked at the chart and cant seem to make heads or tails of and channels of the sort
retest highs very soon. May run out of time today to hit 133, but I think next week it breaks it (as long as the markets hold). If it breaks it next week, it should run a bit.
Brewmaster
AG
george1992 said:

McInnis 03 said:

WTF happened to FSLY
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/fastly-fsly-stock-analyst-downgrades?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo
they're dropping it before earnings I bet... then will let it run into earnings or just pop at earnings.
cptthunder
BREwmaster said:

cptthunder said:

WallyWorld is trying to break 130 for the 2nd time today
Come on....
Any thoughts on where this could go if it manages to break? ive looked at the chart and cant seem to make heads or tails of and channels of the sort
retest highs very soon. May run out of time today to hit 133, but I think next week it breaks it (as long as the markets hold). If it breaks it next week, it should run a bit.
Well she did it so lets hope it holds and runs
Thanks for looking
Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

If we close around spy 317 or so today, that's an upside breakout for y'all asking about where we are going. I'll try to sneak away from Friday night family time to post a chart in a bit inspired by hidden pivots on the twitter (one of the follow worthy ones)...
this is one of the all time lowest volume days on SPY ever. I'm not convinced we're headed north from here, But I look forward to the chart sir!
AgShaun00
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

TSLA. this is utter insanity, but yay.
bought an option at 15, sold at 23, and now at 51.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, Duck rode the 7/17 1600C from 12.2 to 51.3 today.

Then, minutes ago, he added next week's 1750C at $26... it's already over $32.
TecRecAg
AG
So... Duck is buying the pappy
AgEng06
AG
He damn sure could by now.
tramaro1
AG
Friday's are so damn tricky, fine line between options going crazy or tanking. sold my googl a few hours too early at a loss, left quiet a bit of money on the table. Cleaned up on some tsla which Is still running, crazy move today hopefully some of you caught that one
McInnis 03
AG
AgEng06 said:

Yeah, Duck rode the 7/17 1600C from 12.2 to 51.3 today.

Then, minutes ago, he added next week's 1750C at $26... it's already over $32.
Duck is insanely good.

I really think if you could take a week off of work and dedicate yourself to following his plays in earnest with REAL legit money (think OA style) you could be REALLY REALLY well off that week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here comes the drop...
jeromePOWell
AG
Be on the lookout for some Cheddar Flow action
jtmoney03
AG
Sam bought TSLA 1440s at 5, sold them for 16, now 96

He also bought 1460s at 3, sold them at 36, now 76

He also bought 1490s at 7, sold them at 14, now 46

He's left millions on the table today.

Oops! I've had FOMO all day and never pulled the trigger. If I had, my first would still be 15x. Insane day on TSLA.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Someone talk me out of shorting TSLA
spud1910
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

I bought puts last Friday, thinking it couldn't continue for another week. Oops!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
great day today. QQQ is utter insanity. no other way to express it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

just set your stops closely. this could see 1600
jbeck3487
AG
Anyone else notice the low volume on FEYE and then boom 2M+ in 2 minutes
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
AgShaun00 said:

TSLA. this is utter insanity, but yay.
bought an option at 15, sold at 23, and now at 51.
I had call debit spreads - wish I had just bought calls. Nonetheless, another $10K day on TSLA
jwhitlock3
Who is this Duck? I work on a computer all day, would love to follow along.
AgEng06
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

https://twitter.com/duckingmoney
jbeck3487
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

@Duckingmoney on twitter
AgShaun00
AG
jtmoney03 said:

Sam bought TSLA 1440s at 5, sold them for 16, now 96

He also bought 1460s at 3, sold them at 36, now 76

He also bought 1490s at 7, sold them at 14, now 46

He's left millions on the table today.

Oops! I've had FOMO all day and never pulled the trigger. If I had, my first would still be 15x. Insane day on TSLA.
i might have to give sam a try for a month.
59 South
AG

great day today. QQQ is utter insanity. no other way to express it.
Here's the deal. It could be insanity like circa 1996 and we are building a tech bubble that has years left in it. So don't fight the trend, and make $$$$ and sell when the trend says sell! When 30k millionaire caves that'll be the bat signal! [just kidding around fam!]
AggiePeeps06
AG
What gave you confidence that TSLA had further to run? With the recent run-up, who would've thought it would go up another 10% today? Crazy. I shorted it. Wei'll see what happens
jwhitlock3
thanks!
McInnis 03
AG
Closed the day with a 3175/3180 call spread on SPX. Bought it at almost even money when it was at 3177. Nice way to cap the day.

Pulled the trigger because the TICK was living in the positives, TRIN was dropping, VIX was dropping, and VOLSPD was increasing and all were in alignment for what would be a small run at the end.

Yay trading!
Cartographer
ONTX folks.

Cup and Handle?

AGSmith
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Closed the day with a 3175/3180 call spread on SPX. Bought it at almost even money when it was at 3177. Nice way to cap the day.

Pulled the trigger because the TICK was living in the positives, TRIN was dropping, VIX was dropping, and VOLSPD was increasing and all were in alignment for what would be a small run at the end.

Yay trading!
I need to learn the end of day SPY plays y'all do.
Bonfire1996
AG
I've created a monster. I encouraged my now 14 year old son to buy stocks a couple years back. He bought Sony, which he still owns. He has a nice little holding of JPM.

Today, he sold his cost basis $118 ROKU shares at $158 per share, and flipped half the money into Royal Dutch Shell A. He said he's keeping the other half of the money to buy ROKU back on the dip. When ROKU trended down from there and RDS.A trended up, the true monster was born.

Oh boy.
First Page Last Page
Page 1873 of 6435

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.