Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,391,028 Views | 225483 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jobless numbers are not terrible. This means market tanks /s
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
La Bamba
AG
claym711 said:

Powell about to drop his balls on the bid this AM ahead of unemployment again.
Don't hate
J_Landes89
AG
I appreciate that explanation! Thank you
cisgenderedAggie
Why are futures negative? It's not even 4 million new claims this week.
La Bamba
AG
Penny stock watch alert for the day: XELA. Abnormal volume premarket testing 0.30 key level. Something to keep an eye out for trade.
Carlo4
AG
Sorry guys. Finally gave up playing SPXS after yesterday. Enough chasing. This is why the market is down so far.
McInnis 03
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

Why are futures negative? It's not even 4 million new claims this week.
Gotta be catching a breather from the last few.

Hedged late yesterday with a SPY 293P for tomorrow. Not sure we don't go from red to green early here (pure personal speculation).

ER with AMZN and AAPL on deck for tonight.....V, oh and MGM. Could be a climby type afternoon.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AgShaun00
AG
you would think with MSFT and FB having good earning with a decent unemployment # this would be a good day. AH yesterday was looking a homerun morning. Now it might be just double kind of day which isn't bad. I got some losers on NFLX and AMD that were looking to rebound. FB is at 208 and yesterday was up to 214 AH. My gold stocks are looking really good. That should be another strong day. I keep trying to sell cover calls on them and next thing, they keep exploding. I am done doing that one gold. Gold has no end in sight for a while.

edit.

Gold futures were up 1%, but most of my gold stocks are looking to open down now. come on man.
McInnis 03
AG
AgShaun00 said:

you would think with MSFT and FB having good earning with a decent unemployment # this would be a good day. AH yesterday was looking a homerun morning. Now it might be just double kind of day which isn't bad. I got some losers on NFLX and AMD that were looking to rebound. FB is at 208 and yesterday was up to 214 AH. My gold stocks are looking really good. That should be another strong day. I keep trying to sell cover calls on them and next thing, they keep exploding. I am done doing that one gold. Gold has no end in sight for a while.
I've seen crazy talk, like Gold to $3000.

B&I Key:
Carlo4
AG
I would imagine V and Amazon would crush it. Not 100% sure of MGM/Apple.
claym711
AG
Sorry guys, just got off the phone with Powell. He was having mimosas and avacado toast. He will catch the heli to the office in af ew.
Grown Pear
AG
What securities are you using to invest in gold? I'm not very familiar investing in commodities
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gougler08 said:

sts7049 said:

La Bamba said:

tam2002 said:

RDS just cut its dividend for the first time since WWII. Cut by 65%. Surprising but maybe a smart move to not take on more debt to pay it at the moment
Also cut bonuses and pay raises for next year.
yep

Thanks for the reminder

I work for a major (though not one of THE majors) and we haven't done anything yet. No furloughs, no pay cuts, no bonus cut announcements, and most importantly no layoffs. Getting nervous, pay cuts across the board in some way shape or form would give me confidence that they're not going to cut jobs
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Bird Poo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Its crazy. I think regular schmoes are affecting these backwards trends (along with the Fed). It seems that a LOT of young people are really starting to educate themselves and play the stock market. They have bought low (thus the run-up) and are hanging onto those stocks.

Anecdotal: I have 2 sons that are 16 and 17. Both have fake stock trading apps on their phones and they compete against their friends on who can make the most money. I couldn't tell you what a security was when I was 16. My 17 year old is turning 18 this weekend and wants to open a TD account for his birthday. He's saved a good chunk of change from working is ass off and I won't allow him to go crazy. But the best trading advice I'm giving him: follow Oldarmy on twitter.
McInnis 03
AG
Grown Pear said:

What securities are you using to invest in gold? I'm not very familiar investing in commodities
GLD is good.

The offshoot many execute is to go for the miners that are reputable because when gold is going off, the miners tend to shadow that.

B&I Key:
OverSeas AG
AG
Shiner Bock
if you guys were going to place a limit sell on 5/1 FB 215c on the open, where would you set it?
Ranger222
AG
I think futures have more to do with consumer spending numbers rather than jobs
OverSeas AG
AG
Rice and Fries
Which gold stocks do you own?
EVA3
AG
Howdy, guys. I've been lurking for a bit, trying to learn. I certainly appreciate your insights and thought I'd join the party.
AgShaun00
AG
Grown Pear said:

AEM, CEF, FSM, GDX, GOLD, KL, MAG, NEM, OR, PAAS, SAND (buy up to 10), SPOXF, SVM, VNNHF

GOLD is my biggest winner up 115%. I like that another newsletter recommends to buy now up to $35. could be huge for me.

NEM, up 87%

Gold is one of the biggest miner out there. GDX is a miner ETF.

PAAS is a strong silver one. I subscribed to a few newsletter on gold and silver. Says buy up to 30. SVM and FSM are newest buys for me.

KL and AEm are two I might start to unload as they aren't performing as well.

Grown Pear
Proposition Joe
PearlJammin said:

McInnis 03 said:

Anecdotal: I have 2 sons that are 16 and 17. Both have fake stock trading apps on their phones and they compete against their friends on who can make the most money.

Swap "fake stock trading apps" for "Drug Wars" and phones for "TI-85s" and this has been going on for generations.
oldarmy1
AG
COOP picked a tough day for a breakout, but its hanging tough so far.
Spaceship
AG
La Bamba said:

Penny stock watch alert for the day: XELA. Abnormal volume premarket testing 0.30 key level. Something to keep an eye out for trade.

Interesting, thanks. Up 50% premarket based on a new patent. Do these things typically pop after the opening and then go back down?
La Bamba
AG
Spaceship said:

La Bamba said:

Interesting, thanks. Up 50% premarket based on a new patent. Do these things typically pop after the opening and then go back down?
I think this has .40-.50 potential, but its big time on radar on twitter. Might be safe to take some profits and wait for a pullback. See if 0.30 becomes base.
oldarmy1
AG
We said DIS would go $112-115. Well it topped at $114.75 and got hit with sellers. We don't have to be perfect, just correct on target range.
McInnis 03
AG
SPY broke the 61.8% fib level yesterday, but in premarket it served as resistance and SPY bounced down off it when testing.

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
I've got some covered calls At $5 til 5/15 on all my shares of AVEO. Is there something I need to do with these or will they just get called away and I get the money?

Alternatively, calls were sold at .35 and they are now 1.10ish. I would have to "buy" those back at a loss (increased acquisition costs) if I bet the stock was going up higher? But all that would do is increase my cost basis.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Today is a back test for support day
OverSeas AG
AG
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

SPY broke the 61.8% fib level yesterday, but in premarket it served as resistance and SPY bounced down off it when testing.
If you get me $280 on SPY by Friday with $280 Puts out to May 15 yesterday I'll kiss you!

Well, I'll kiss my wife but will tell her that's for you!
First Page Last Page
Page 1428 of 6443

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.