Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,246,391 Views | 225119 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by Spoony Love
Boat Shoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
deadbq03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Starting to feel like if this admin has any ability to control it, they will. They lost control on the outbreak, they'll be damned if they lose it when they can manipulate it. And everyone from the head of the Federal Reserve to the Secretary of the Treasury is on board with it.....

Remember Eric Trump's tweet? Something along the lines of "In my opinion, it's a great time to buy stocks or into your 401K. I would be all in let's see if I'm right"

This has been my thought for quite some time.

Enjoy it in the short term. I'm with Clay, this is scary business for the long term.

Remember when we used to accuse China of currency manipulation? We're about to have 3 fingers pointing back at us. Guess if you can't beat em, join em.

But if that's the case and we're just going to print money, don't you have to be in equities? Being in cash would see your wealth erode as inflation ticks up. Seems to me that printing money and thereby causing inflation only helps those invested and further widens the gap between the haves and the have nots.
oldarmy1
AG
thirdcoast said:

oldarmy1 said:

thirdcoast said:

Which stock has that pattern?

Potential S&P pattern if we hangout around 2800 for a week or so. You don't think we could be on a short term rally Model T peak like that?
Or is Fed going to keep this bull running upward in coming weeks?
Ah, so you're looking to see if today was the center of that chart and if the right side forms next week?
deadbq03
AG
Boat Shoes said:

deadbq03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Starting to feel like if this admin has any ability to control it, they will. They lost control on the outbreak, they'll be damned if they lose it when they can manipulate it. And everyone from the head of the Federal Reserve to the Secretary of the Treasury is on board with it.....

Remember Eric Trump's tweet? Something along the lines of "In my opinion, it's a great time to buy stocks or into your 401K. I would be all in let's see if I'm right"

Enjoy it in the short term. I'm with Clay, this is scary business for the long term.

Remember when we used to accuse China of currency manipulation? We're about to have 3 fingers pointing back at us. Guess if you can't beat em, join em.

But if that's the case and we're just going to print money, don't you have to be in equities? Being in cash would see your wealth erode as inflation ticks up. Seems to me that printing money and thereby causing inflation only helps those invested and further widens the gap between the haves and the have nots.
I agree completely. When I said "scary" I should've clarified that I wasn't really referring to the stock market specifically but rather our macro economy as a whole.
claym711
AG
Mnuchin and Powell have effectively bought the US economy. Not sure yet who's money they used to do it.
Boat Shoes
AG
claym711 said:

Mnuchin and Powell have effectively bought the US economy. Not sure yet who's money they used to do it.

Our children's? Taxpayers? China's?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
ranchag04
AG
deadbq03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Any other President and I would agree....what do we owe China in debt? I see this as a negotiating tool to wipe the slate clean.
Ragoo
AG
I think you all worry too much about the feds involvement in putting up a backstop to a situation that was driven by force majeure and made much worse by fear.
ryanhnc10
AG
Ragoo said:

I think you all worry too much about the feds involvement in putting up a backstop to a situation that was driven by force majeure and made much worse by fear.

If it's just fear, that much backstop wouldn't be necessary.
Ragoo
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

Ragoo said:

If it's just fear, that much backstop wouldn't be necessary.
read my entire post first.
claym711
AG
Harris county is offering 0% interest 5 year term forgivable loans.

Not sure what system we are entering but it's not capitalism.

I'm wondering, if everyone is getting free money, is anyone?
Exsurge Domine
claym711 said:

Uh how do I get this
Boat Shoes
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

claym711 said:

Uh how do I get this

Seems like I need to start a small business!
Exsurge Domine
Ah, only $25,000. Probably already gone, was only funded with $10,000,000
La Bamba
AG
Shoot, I'm down for some extra trading money.
claym711
AG
The Fed is opening a SMall business new loan facility through banks. I believe it was 4 year term at near 0% interest. 95% of the loan will be owned by the Fed (read 95% forgivable). Can even be used to pay down principle of other debt!
FrontPorchAg
Do you have a link to that?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Exsurge Domine
shiphunt
AG
Can't wait for the market to somewhat normalize so the Fed haters and conspiracy theorists can leave the thread
ProgN
claym711 said:

Our family business applied for the PPP loan just in case the government goes further BSC and decided to close all businesses for an extended period of time.
Alta
AG
Free advice (which is worth its cost): based on the certifications that you made to get that loan I would not be typing things like that on the internet (or even making such comments to friends, etc.). Usually a few years after these types of programs there is a lot of work to check in on the people who received the funds. There are many situations where people got caught and had a lot of headaches (and in some cases much worse) based on things they typed on forums such as this one, communicated to friends and so on.
ProgN
OA,

How fast can you form a LLC for this thread and get us a loan. It can be our own closed fund. Just list each of us and a salary, and get 2.5 X for the loan amount. Funds will go towards our corporate meetings, ahem tailgates, etc.
Exsurge Domine
Alta said:

Free advice (which is worth its cost): based on the certifications that you made to get that loan I would not be typing things like that on the internet (or even making such comments to friends, etc.). Usually a few years after these types of programs there is a lot of work to check in on the people who received the funds. There are many situations where people got caught and had a lot of headaches (and in some cases much worse) based on things they typed on forums such as this one, communicated to friends and so on.

Thank you, good advice
iluvpoker
claym711 said:

The Fed is opening a SMall business new loan facility through banks. I believe it was 4 year term at near 0% interest. 95% of the loan will be owned by the Fed (read 95% forgivable). Can even be used to pay down principle of other debt!

The loan is not 95%forgivable. What that is referring to is once the bank forecloses on your business for not paying your loans then the bank only needs to recover 5% when they sell your businesses assets to get their money back. The remaining proceeds would go to the fed and the difference between the loan balance and the proceeds would be eaten by the fed.

Clay is trying to make it sound like you can get a $5 million loan, pay off $250k and the fed will just let you off the hook for the remaining $4.75 million. That's not the case. The bank will still foreclose and use the proceeds to pay down as much of the loan balance as possible. And you will be out of business with a major hickey on your credit report.
Touchless
AG
I can only imagine how much work I'm actually going to get done tomorrow. What do you do during the week with the market closed?

leoj
AG
ProgN
Touchless said:

I can only imagine how much work I'm actually going to get done tomorrow. What do you do during the week with the market closed?

Channeling my inner Irish,

Hookers and blow.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FAT SEXY said:

hypothetically.. if the markets were open tomorrow, would it have been a green day?
I mean, if anybody could answer that with any kind of authority, they would be a trillionaire right now.
spud1910
AG
Quite a move by TSLA afterhours.
thirdcoast
AG
oldarmy1 said:

thirdcoast said:

oldarmy1 said:

thirdcoast said:

Which stock has that pattern?

Potential S&P pattern if we hangout around 2800 for a week or so. You don't think we could be on a short term rally Model T peak like that?
Or is Fed going to keep this bull running upward in coming weeks?
Ah, so you're looking to see if today was the center of that chart and if the right side forms next week?

Yeah, what do you think about that?
iluvpoker
The Main Street loans would be a minimum of $1 million and a maximum of either $25 million or an amount that "when added to the Eligible Borrower's existing outstanding and committed but undrawn debt, does not exceed four times the Eligible Borrower's 2019 earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization," whatever is less, the Fed said.

The Fed will purchase up to $600 billion in loans.

Terms would see an interest rate equal to the Fed's Secure Overnight Financing Rate, currently 0.01%, plus 250-400 basis points with a four-year maturity.

A special-purpose vehicle that Fed created jointly with the Treasury Department will purchase 95% of the loan while the financing institution would hold the other 5%.

So these loans are for upper Main Street. The Russell 2k was up a lot today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Interesting. Do you have a link with more details on loan purpose requirements and such?
jj9000
AG
Airline bailouts on deck

Airline industry package to be proposed this weekend: coronavirus briefing

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3559879?source=ansh $PFE, $AAL, $UAL, $DAL, $LUV, $JBLU, $AAL, $UAL, $DAL, $LUV, $JBLU, $PFE
First Page Last Page
Page 1286 of 6432

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.