Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,227,303 Views | 225107 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Chef Elko
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Touchless said:

Prognightmare said:

It's only on their "Pro" subscriber portion of the the site currently. It'll be available later.
Wait...you're not a pro?? Why do I pay attention to what you say then?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Since there's like 50 new participants on this thread since oa posted this:
oldarmy1 said:

Several asking on PM and back on the thread about Model T. Here is the SPX today showing a perfect Model T when posted earlier, prompting some PM's.

Really a 50% retrace from bottom to top (bull move) or top to bottom (bear move). You make entry generally the direction of the initial move (which would be up in this instance). So when we hit 3149 you'd enter long or buy $317 - $318 SPY calls because odds are high it retests days highs. Which we did and hit above $318 for selling.

Forgot the 3121 + 3175 = 6298 divided by 2 = 3149 Really simple!
azul_rain
Prognightmare said:

Touchless said:

Prognightmare said:

It's only on their "Pro" subscriber portion of the the site currently. It'll be available later.
Wait...you're not a pro?? Why do I pay attention to what you say then?

ProgN

$25 in 3 weeks?????

I'm skeptical
McInnis 03
AG
Tilray getting bought? First the 17C's now the 25C's.....
ProgN
IDK but the volume is huge and why buy calls with that high a strike and so little time. It's on my radar now though and I hate the pot stocks.
La Bamba
AG
Prognightmare said:

$25 in 3 weeks?????

I'm skeptical
As mentioned on previous post, 65% of the float is SHORT. That's a massive short squeeze waiting to happen. Don't underestimate.
deadbq03
AG
I decided to strangle TLRY. 4/17 14C and 7.5P
gougler08
AG
La Bamba said:

Prognightmare said:

$25 in 3 weeks?????

I'm skeptical
As mentioned on previous post, 65% of the float is SHORT. That's a massive short squeeze waiting to happen. Don't underestimate.
Seems worth a lotto ticket, $15 calls for April 17 are 1.15
ProgN
Dan and Manic are following this closely so it should move pretty well.
gougler08
AG
Went ahead and bought a couple, follow the money when it's that crazy right?
ProgN
I bought the stock just to see what happens.
Brewmaster
AG
NRD09 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Several asking on PM and back on the thread about Model T. Here is the SPX today showing a perfect Model T when posted earlier, prompting some PM's.

Really a 50% retrace from bottom to top (bull move) or top to bottom (bear move). You make entry generally the direction of the initial move (which would be up in this instance). So when we hit 3149 you'd enter long or buy $317 - $318 SPY calls because odds are high it retests days highs. Which we did and hit above $318 for selling.

Yep, this! and when the house finally passes the stimulus bill I would bet that SPY 278 gets taken out (which would be 50% retrace back up). OA also said, could see a flash to 280 when that happens.

I pity the fool that underestimates the model T!

La Bamba
AG
BREW, the 300 was a mistake by OA. He posted that in a reply. He clarified it was a 280+ flash, not 300.
Touchless
AG
NRD09 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Thanks for quoting. I think the hart part is obviously knowing when you're at the top or bottom of the chart to know when the T is coming. Using SPY as an example, it dipped down to $246 at the end of Wednesday, and topped out at $262 yesterday which puts the T at $254 and that obviously hit immediately today. It has since been a little above there, but hasn't fully retraced. Would the model mean it should bounce back up to upper $250s today?
Touchless
AG
Yet another question on the Model T. On Monday we were down at $218 and we jumped to $262 yesterday. That would imply if we get down to $240 we should buy some calls at that point?
59 South
AG
Big money must have sold SPY 260 calls.
E
AG
Yikes! Opened up my account for first time today and saw how down it is... gonna close the laptop and social distance at golf course
HustlerAggie
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-this-wild-coronavirus-rally-has-wall-street-experts-fearing-a-bull-market-trap-2020-03-27
Hustle Harder
McInnis 03
AG
59 South said:

Big money must have sold SPY 260 calls.
50,656 volume on the 260C that expires today, trading at 253. wow.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
deadbq03
AG
OverSeas AG said:

In case any of you are looking to pull real time prices into your Excel spreadsheet, here is an article on how to do it if you are on Office 365.

https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/blog/add-real-time-stock-prices-and-metrics-to-excel

really easy to do.

NOTE: I do believe you have manually press the 'refresh' button in the data tab in Excel to refresh the prices.
That's fantastic! After Yahoo Finance stopped working, I switched to Google Sheets since google has a built in function for it.
MOCO9
AG
Does anyone know what time the house vote is supposed to take place today? My quick google search yielded me nothing.
khaos288
AG
MOCO9 said:

Does anyone know what time the house vote is supposed to take place today? My quick google search yielded me nothing.

Was supposed to be 9am
59 South
AG
Back through 2556. Come on baby explode.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Any experts have opinions on the close today? Last week we had a sell off as no one wanted to carry positions into the weekend
jj9000
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Any experts have opinions on the close today? Last week we had a sell off as no one wanted to carry positions into the weekend
Just ask 288 to buy a Put, and he'll work his magic again.
fightintxag13
AG
For someone who has followed XOM longer than I have. I've heard some rumblings from ag commodity brokers that oil may go as low as $10-15. If that happens, what happens to XOM? I took a small position at $35 because everyone here is so high on it. I'm just wondering if we see $30 again, is that where I should back the truck up at?

I'm working on averaging in on blue chips right now.
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

Just ask 288 to buy a Put, and he'll work his magic again.

I'll be buying puts once we hit 268, and they'll be three weeks out. So we'll make it to 280 in 30 minutes or so after that.
AggiePeeps06
AG
I already own 4/3 SPY puts which have somehow been defying gravity and staying even pretty much despite the S&P being down 3%...
Harkrider 93
AG
fightintxag13 said:

For someone who has followed XOM longer than I have. I've heard some rumblings from ag commodity brokers that oil may go as low as $10-15. If that happens, what happens to XOM? I took a small position at $35 because everyone here is so high on it. I'm just wondering if we see $30 again, is that where I should back the truck up at?

I'm working on averaging in on blue chips right now.
Little different animal because you have oil down for economy reasons and because of Putin.

If Putin continues to ride horses with his shirt off, then you would expect XOM to drop with the market fall that everyone and their dog thinks will happen.

Second, if oil stays at price or lower and XOM cuts their dividend, you may have a drop in price. That is highly likely priced into the stock already, but some people sell on the news or because they are fearful. I think a Baron's article said that XOM couldn't afford their dividend before oil dropped. XOM mentioned they could sell debt/assets to continue paying the dividend. Gotta love how you can find 5 opinions from 2 people.

Grown Pear
AG
OverSeas AG said:

In case any of you are looking to pull real time prices into your Excel spreadsheet, here is an article on how to do it if you are on Office 365.

https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/blog/add-real-time-stock-prices-and-metrics-to-excel

really easy to do.

NOTE: I do believe you have manually press the 'refresh' button in the data tab in Excel to refresh the prices.
THIS IS FANTASTIC. Thank you for posting.

I just updated my spreadsheet which makes tracking allocation % an absolute breeze. # of shares won't drastically change and is easy to update - tied that in a formula to the stock price that automatically gets imported and all my $'s and %'s update.

Huge time save, thank you again.
Harkrider 93
AG
I didn't look into all the numbers on how XOM compares between today and 2016, but noticed that oil from 2014-2016 dropped 75% to about $26.

XOM went from around 100 to 75 during that time.

Oil dropped about the same but XOM (and all oil stocks) have dropped more than where they were in 2015/16.
aeroag14
AG
Bill passed. Lets see what happens now.
ProgN
First Page Last Page
Page 1211 of 6432

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.