Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,030,922 Views | 224268 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by bmoochie
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Market not moving much at all on this. It was accounted for
MTTANK
AG
jj9000 said:

Prognightmare said:

Cash from 401K contributions have been accumulating on the sidelines for 4 weeks. Some of that being put to work was more than likely what we saw yesterday.

I read Edward Jones rebalanced $500MM yesterday at end of day.
500 billion
GIG 'EM
khaos288
AG
256 guarded like a champ today
Carlo4
AG
Slowly rising so far
La Bamba
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Market not moving much at all on this. It was accounted for
YouBet
AG
gougler08 said:

Speaking of 401k...I work for an O&G major and our stock is the only one that we can directly invest our 401k in to. If we retest bottoms, think that would be a good play for my 401k (or at least a portion of it)? Oil will be down a while but I don't see a major folding up in bankruptcy...
Wut? This is a thing still?
khaos288
AG
khaos288 said:

256 guarded like a champ today

Minute chart looking like a break finally
Barty Dont Hedge
Or Big Money is holding it down for the rest of the day.
jj9000
AG
MTTANK said:

jj9000 said:

Prognightmare said:

Cash from 401K contributions have been accumulating on the sidelines for 4 weeks. Some of that being put to work was more than likely what we saw yesterday.

I read Edward Jones rebalanced $500MM yesterday at end of day.
500 billion
Correct, $500B. Typo.

Really just a rounding error for some of you guys though.
McInnis 03
AG
I refuse to give myself credit for being a quick trigger. When I posted it was minutes after and no movement.

Nowwwwwwww it climbs....
khaos288
AG
Welp I'm green now. Tsla calls paid and I'm out for the day. Time to wrap up work and weekend.
La Bamba
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I refuse to give myself credit for being a quick trigger. When I posted it was minutes after and no movement.

Nowwwwwwww it climbs....
Hehe. Well, let's see what it does. I think we'll see a red to green test.
AgCPA95
AG
YouBet said:

gougler08 said:

Speaking of 401k...I work for an O&G major and our stock is the only one that we can directly invest our 401k in to. If we retest bottoms, think that would be a good play for my 401k (or at least a portion of it)? Oil will be down a while but I don't see a major folding up in bankruptcy...
That was my thought. People on your 401k committee have some huge cojones
Agswinning
AgCPA95 said:

YouBet said:

gougler08 said:

I would assume he meant that "their stock" is one of the many options, but the only individual stock they can buy. A buddy who used to work for John Deere has a lot of Deere stock for that reason.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
YouBet
AG
JimSA said:

AgCPA95 said:

YouBet said:

gougler08 said:

I would assume he meant that "their stock" is one of the many options, but the only individual stock they can buy. A buddy who used to work for John Deere has a lot of Deere stock for that reason.
I hope so.
McInnis 03
AG
FAKE OUT
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DFWag17
AG
Thoughts on buying LADR for a long term hold? Wondering where yall think it would be a year from now or so...
gougler08
AG
YouBet said:

gougler08 said:

We have tons of options for funds/ETFs, but can't go straight to stocks outside of ours
Post removed:
by user
aeroag14
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Anybody scheming precious metals?
I was thinking that as well.

But being new to this, not really sure if that is wise. I feel like the fact that a virus is causing this downturn would mean people would be wanting to invest in physical things (like precious metals). Making it a good investment. Thoughts?
Post removed:
by user
AgCPA95
AG
JimSA said:

AgCPA95 said:

YouBet said:

gougler08 said:

I understand that they have many other investment like mutual funds and guaranteed income funds, but I thought that most companies moved away from allowing employee money to invest in the company stock in these plan but maybe I'm wrong. More common would be employer matches in stock or other compensation outside of the defined contribution plans.
TChaney
Agswinning
AgCPA95 said:

JimSA said:

AgCPA95 said:

YouBet said:

gougler08 said:

I understand that they have many other investment like mutual funds and guaranteed income funds, but I thought that most companies moved away from allowing employee money to invest in the company stock in these plan but maybe I'm wrong. More common would be employer matches in stock or other compensation outside of the defined contribution plans.

That's definitely true but there are still some prehistoric plans out there. If we took over a plan like that, we wouldn't allow it.
My wife's company has a separate stock purchase option like you described.
aeroag14
AG
Ok, so where is the top today?
McInnis 03
AG
aeroag14 said:

2580. Past performance does not necessarily predict future results
ClutchCityAg
I have an almost identical metals portfolio. I am planning on holding GLD long term though
La Bamba
AG
Since 11:00 AM this morning, SPY is putting in higher lows on the pullbacks. Me thinks 260 gets tested.

edit: higher lows* (so used to saying lower lows the last 3 weeks)
McInnis 03
AG
I'm eyeballing a $10 strangle on SPY in the 15min post trades.......Maybe for apr3 or 5
La Bamba
AG
SPY new high of day
La Bamba
AG
Trump singing corona bill at 4:00 PM EST. Timing.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

59 South said:

Big money must have sold SPY 260 calls.
50,656 volume on the 260C that expires today, trading at 253. wow.
Probably should have paid attention here.
ProgN
aeroag14 said:

Markets close positive, imo.
First Page Last Page
Page 1212 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.