Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,166,933 Views | 224712 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by HoustonAg2014
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oldarmy1 said:

HEAR I am not buying shares hear after hours but if it revisits the $8's in the morning opening I'm buying $9 calls out a month. Nothing wrong with those earnings either, with guidance staying set.
I like the story, but I also like time. What calls on this one, that would take into account the Christmas season, look attractive to you. I think gaming accessories under the tree are pretty much a given, your thoughts?

Also, do you check direct messages on Twitter?
IrishTxAggie
AG
OSTK?! WTF???
BT1395
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BT1395 said:

WPM running up a bit. Did someone get their hands on the earnings because I still don't see them yet...
Not a blooming thing
Just saw them. Adjusted EPS $0.10 (in line with exp) but revenue missed expectations a bit. Looks like they've taken their bath though, so hopefully guidance is optimistic and this can pop.
docaggie
AG
Man, I wrote covered calls on AMD too quickly this morning. I figured it'd pop up on the server news from last night then settle back down in the afternoon. I bought in by selling puts at 31, then bought outright at 28, wrote covered calls for 33 - and it looks I'll end up assigned on those.

I also dabbled in some MTCH 75 puts for next Friday when it hit in the low/mid 90s next week. Especially after the company that owns like 80% of the shares announced they'd start unwinding their holdings.

I tip my cap to those who dove into the ROKU waters ahead of earnings. My capital in my RH account was tied up or I'd have joined you. Do wish they'd let people with experience write options in retirement accounts.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
badharambe
AG
are you not familiar with OSTK earnings? they typically all go the same way....
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pfft. Want a fun one, check out NKTR right now. Hello giant POS! I've still got a little of that turd.
ProgN
Quote:

Trump administration holds off on approving licenses for tech firms to sell to Huawei: report

Today 5:57 PM ET (MarketWatch)
Print
The Trump administration is holding off on approving licenses for U.S. companies to resume doing business with China's Huawei Technologies Co. in the wake of China's suspension of U.S. agricultural purchases (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/china-suspends-us-agricultural-purchases-2019-08-05), Bloomberg News reported (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-08/u-s-holds-off-on-huawei-licenses-as-china-halts-crop-buying?srnd=premium) Thursday. That could be bad news for U.S. tech companies, especially chip makers such as Intel Corp. (INTC) , Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM) and Micron Technology Inc. (MU), that hope to continue lucrative business deals with Huawei. Last year, Huawei bought $11 billion worth of components from U.S. tech companies. In July, President Donald Trump promised tech companies "timely" decisions on licenses (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-agrees-to-timely-decisions-on-licensing-us-companies-to-resume-huawei-sales-2019-07-22), and last week Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said approval of about 50 licenses were pending
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hey OA, you still feeling Ok with your MSFT 8/16 $143 calls?

I've averaged down to $.25 on those!
permabull
AG
badharambe
AG
i like that chart, especially now, thanks!

I took a few lotto OSTK puts (19$ expire tomorrow) but dont think Ill be getting money on those unless tomorrow barfs hard.
badharambe
AG
my LOTTO SPY 290 puts for tomorrow maybe worth something!!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ill cost avg. down some on what I have and look at leaps for them tomorrow.
ProgN
badharambe said:

i like that chart, especially now, thanks!

I took a few lotto OSTK puts (19$ expire tomorrow) but dont think Ill be getting money on those unless tomorrow barfs hard.

You know how to make people feel special after hours.

Live look at BAD Harambe AH.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I think that info was priced in and already assumed with the chips. No way in hell Trump was going to give Huawei any goodwill with the Chinese trade stance right now.
badharambe
AG
what levels are you looking at? I sold out all my OSTK, been a bag holder since low 20's on the opposite side. but was able to substantially average down and sold out up at these 20 levels. (late 2018)

I see potential H&S on the daily chart, need that last shoulder tho.
badharambe
AG
maybe, i am dumb and it wasnt priced into my head (aka "model)

....are the headlines we wake up to tomorrow morning with China's retaliation priced in to?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm talking about NKTR. I'm bag holding like a Motha F'er on that one.
badharambe
AG
i wish work wasnt so busy so i could actually post during the day.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
BT1395 said:

oldarmy1 said:

BT1395 said:

WPM running up a bit. Did someone get their hands on the earnings because I still don't see them yet...
Not a blooming thing
Just saw them. Adjusted EPS $0.10 (in line with exp) but revenue missed expectations a bit. Looks like they've taken their bath though, so hopefully guidance is optimistic and this can pop.

After hours trading has it down to $26.75 for the ask. Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings...

But how about COOP?!
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

OSTK?! WTF???
it actually shot up to 22.60 post earnings, then nose dived down to 18 something, now already back to 20. something.
Very odd stuff going on with the stock price post earnings.

They actually had some great news in the meeting - in talks with facebook over blockchain and libra. Also have 10 companies signed up to trade on tzero, with another roughly 100 still in talks. The tech and their patents have me interested, not the crummy retail and oddball CEO.
YNWA_AG
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/cnrj9t/doubling_down_wasnt_the_best_idea/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

If you're having a bad day just remember this guys week is worse. 600k to 40k
tramaro1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I would be curious on his take as well. I avg down to .64 and didn't go any further bc I figured I was throwing my money away lol
ProgN
I'm probably older than you but I've learned one valuable lesson all these years in the market. Don't be envious of others who make home run trades and don't celebrate in their losses. Karma is a *****, it is real and it comes back at you with a vengeance. Take that as free advice and do with it what you will.
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
Yeah, it's a timing trade for me. Thinking $10's out to late Sept.

Rarely on the DM question. I get dozens of DM's and no time to pick through.

WPM coming back some. Price target issued at $38 by Credit Suisse.

oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Strong move yesterday but that correction killed all stocks targets for 8/16. MSFT sees a continuation back to challenge highs by Tuesday and it's gonna be close on a breakout up. I'd roll them to same strike out to Sept to save what value exists, unless you like lotto tickets.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Think I'm going to sell 80% and keep 20% for the lotto
YNWA_AG
AG
Thanks for the advice. I learned my the lessons about greed a few years ago. I just enjoy seeing how most of those people lose their money
oldarmy1
AG
Sold those DBX buys under $20 just now at average $21.18. If we see early selling take it to $20.50 or better I'm using some profits to grab $22 call strikes out to Sept 20.
oldarmy1
AG
Maxim Group with a buy rating target of $22 on HEAR. Now that's pretty aggressive. It did move the bid up though. Not what we want.
ProgN
ROKU did that magnet trade to $125 like you've taught us to look for.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Think I'm going to sell 80% and keep 20% for the lotto
Out of 160 MSFT 8/16 $143 contracts at .30. Holding the other 40 net free. The butthole was pretty tight on Monday...

Stop loss hit on the rest. Out of the other 40 at .25.
Brewmaster
AG
OSTK run today, almost to 23 now. Shaking out the weak hands.
oldarmy1
AG
Took first on DBX here
oldarmy1
AG
WPM is green folks
First Page Last Page
Page 693 of 6421

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.