Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,129,412 Views | 224620 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Medical equipment stocks will pop too
gougler08
AG
I was already intrigued by after hours trading today because of FB earnings, but now this could be something
oldarmy1
AG
S&P up over 20 points since alert

Dive in to your favs
Ragoo
AG
IV in TWTR is massive. Just sold puts at 42.5 expiring Friday for 1.60. May sell more tomorrow!
aggiehunter3
AG
What a beautiful gift these last 15 minutes have been. I ended up selling the remainder of my aapl 7/27 calls yesterday when the 192.5 support broke. I bought them back this morning at .24 (lower than my original cost) and they jumped 145% in the last 15 minutes. Luckily was at my computer and sold half at .75. Risk off again for the remainder of the week. Even if the other half expire worthless, I net 56% gain.
leoj
AG
Very nice

Qcom with a nice beat, up 6-8% already
gougler08
AG
Shows what I know...FB down 9% after earnings announcement, and TWTR down 2% with it
pacecar02
meh, buncha tech movement downward on the early after hours

edit: just about everything gaveup the last 30 min of gains
leoj
AG
After an earnings beat and small rev miss but huge yoy increases. Seems like an overreaction
oldarmy1
AG
If this isn't really good announcements from Trump the rubberband effect will be big.
pacecar02
EU Trade, I would bet this is good trump and green for futures
Ragoo
AG
Post and pre market is not really indicative of actual market sentiment. Trading volumes are generally much lower and therefore can influence the price more significantly.
leoj
AG
Holy cow amd
tailgatetimer10
AG
AMD revenue up 53% yoy
leoj
AG
Whoa. FB down almost 20% after Zuck mentions revenue deceleration in the 2nd half of the year. That is crazy
oldarmy1
AG
Just entered FB 165.98-$166.32
gougler08
AG
leoj said:

Whoa. FB down almost 20% after Zuck mentions revenue deceleration in the 2nd half of the year. That is crazy

These tech stocks are crazy right now, TWTR down 6% after Zuck announces that
oldarmy1
AG
You can't hide volume! So I buy 5k shares therr and have a sell of 2500 at 168 just filled. Stop loss at $163 and off to golf!
ClickClack
AG
leoj said:

These earnings are options heaven. Or hell, if you go into it with calls. Gotta love the volatility though.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Not bad....I only bought a few hundred at mid 160's and you are buying 5k...damn
tailgatetimer10
AG
He's posted some in the "your worth" thread. Needless to say, I think he's an idol for many posters on here. For now I can only dream.
aggiehunter3
AG
FB a bummer for the tech sector. Had we all put in a mere $50 on $180 puts at .07 per contract....We would wake up to over $8,000. I need to start throwing a little coin into lottos on these big boys.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Haha I know. Drop in the bucket.
leoj
AG
At what point are margin accounts called?
Ragoo
AG
leoj said:

At what point are margin accounts called?
what do you mean?
Aston04
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Just entered FB 165.98-$166.32
Great entry. No brainer.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I hope your asking out of curiosity.

Anyhow you should be able to tell under your margin requirements, it varies but I think most require at least 20% excess equity, but I'm sure it depends on the risk as well
SlackerAg
AG
It depends on your broker for initial & maintenance margin. I've heard crazy stories where Interactive Brokers would liquidate ad-hoc, without consistency. I go by this table as a general rule.

leoj
AG
Asking out of curiousity because I've never used margin in a brokerage account. With so many individuals invested in FB it just made me curious because I'm sure a lot of people thought it was a bright idea to leverage themselves.
oldarmy1
AG
NEVER hold a known volitale stock into earnings without a hedge. I had $205 FB Puts on shares that I have owned since planting at a holding price of $28. The Puts won't make me anything but I'll close them out tomorrow having protected $40 of share loss plus whatever premium pop might be added in.

I got my TWTR $41 Puts on the cheap with its spike up above $44. I was going to wait until tomorrow for those but that jump presented an opportunity.

I'm interested in Ragoo and Rangers strategy/plans on selling naked Puts on FB or TWTR? Let's focus on Facebook. I'll be selling the remaining overnight FB shares quickly tomorrow. If it manages to reach above $175 premarket I'll be moving them out then.

We might see a changing of the guard in the markets. Certainly we will at the open tomorrow. The Nasdaq has been hitting newer and newer highs while the waves have been on the DOW. But tomorrow we should see the DOW moving higher while the Nasdaq rethinks its strength.

oldarmy1
AG
I'm studying FB macro status and I think they are in for a world of hurt. I'm making a strategic decision to move out of FB completely. I'll use a speck of all the profits built up to buy leaps out to 2020 just in case I'm wrong.

leoj
AG
So you have a cost basis of $28 for your entire FB holdings, minus the moves you just made AH, and are going to liquidate all your shares in the morning?
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

So you have a cost basis of $28 for your entire FB holdings, minus the moves you just made AH, and are going to liquidate all your shares in the morning?
Yessir
Guitarsoup
AG
So don't buy in at $170 is what you are saying.
Ragoo
AG
I sold naked puts on TWTR at 42.5
I might sell more at a lower strike if the premium jumps.

FB is too rich for my blood.
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.