Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,140,297 Views | 224634 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by ProgN
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry for the late response. I'm in China right now. Posted this on the BIO STOCKS thread last week. I'm still comfortable with holding long. What's driven the price down so much was the delay into the 3Q (as of now) for the P3 results due to not enough PFS events to trigger the data.

https://marketexclusive.com/just-happened-aveo-pharmaceuticals/2018/05/

Quote:

That the data is delayed is a bit disappointing, of course, and it is going to have cash flow implications for the company near term. On the other hand, however, that PFS events have not been reached suggests potentially that the drug is working and, in turn, that it might be worth using the current date to pick up an exposure to the program at a discount in anticipation of positive results hitting press as and when the numbers come in during the third quarter of this year.

The ER was basically as expected and it got oversold by people that latched on in the hopes of a quick payday. There has been a lot of inside buying lately too. They've taken advantage of the price drops.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Another stock I'm playing with is MOSY small cap semiconductor company. I like them a lot. Made a hell of a mint on their ER.
oldarmy1
AG
SPX call options entered yesterday will close on filling the gap from 2 trading days ago.

SWN is approaching key resistance again. Time for that sucker to breakout and fly.

GILD option still being held with auto sale at 75% gain.

I am out most of the day so markets filling that gap is where most day traders will be selling buys from yesterday into early today.
Dr. Faustus
AG
Thoughts on LGIH? I've watched them for a while. They've had a good run the last year, but have gotten pretty volatile the last few months. They consistently beat earnings estimates. I'm thinking it's lumber supply uncertainty driving the recent volatility. Wondering if today is a good entry point, or if it's going to fall further.
Rice and Fries
$SDRL is taking off today
oldarmy1
AG

SPX filled the gap by 2 points and executed my option sell.

GILD options 50% filled and I'm going to stay in with that huge gap down potentially getting filled.

BAC stagnant but fine.

CHK another leg upward. That's a nice u-shaped return approaching $4

SWN still hasn't broken major resistance but its approaching it again.

90% of all option trades have paid off. I target 75% monthly so needless to say I'm liking the markets patterns right now.
AggiePeeps06
AG
I'm in on a lot this with you as well
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

I'm in on a lot this with you as well
I added to the BAC calls at 27 cents.
oldarmy1
AG
Sold covered calls on 30% of all my GE holdings. $15 Strikes just to next Friday at $0.28. Happy to have 30% called out for an exit net of $15.28. Otherwise if the big round number $15 becomes a resistance point I bank the 28 cents per share and happy to let it do whatever now that we have set the bottom.
oldarmy1
AG
I sold all but 20% of GILD calls on the market resistance. It dropped from $68 to $67.50 quickly. The 20% are well beyond net free, so will see where they can go.
FriscoKid
AG
Aggressive selling in the final hour. Would not be surprised if the DOW lost 100 pts today after an all green day.
oldarmy1
AG
Selling June 1st $3.50 strike CHK against 40% of all accumulated holdings. Sold 10% out right as well as it approaches $4
oldarmy1
AG
SWN $4.62......previous resistance level average reached with $4.66 being the flash top of resistance. Will she break and run or is this where you sell 25% again and if it fails you get to rebuy for the 3rd time?

Decisions decisions. I'm going to hold it all this time as that last under $4 rebuy was a gift.
oldarmy1
AG
I had posted about the Pharma ETF PILL and since I did I wanted to post that I sold the quick buys. Volume on that ETF is terrible. Symbol should change to PITS. Took me all afternoon to sell. I created a volume spike this afternoon selling a whopping 1500 shares.
oldarmy1
AG
What is a 'Bearish Harami'
A bearish harami is a two bar Japanese candlestick pattern that suggests prices may soon reverse to the downside. The pattern consists of a long white candle followed by a small black candle. The opening and closing prices of the second candle must be contained within the body of the first candle. An uptrend precedes the formation of a bearish harami.

Translation - DOW formed the bearish harami today (pictured below) right on previous resistance. Unless some positive action sets the market above resistance with volume it looks like a range back down is likely.
oldarmy1
AG
SWN $4.74 premarket. Last time it was above resistance premarket it lost it before the open. If it can hold for a breakout we'll see $5+ today.
cgh1999
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SWN $4.74 premarket. Last time it was above resistance premarket it lost it before the open. If it can hold for a breakout we'll see $5+ today.

Was just coming here to post this. Come on baby.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

What is a 'Bearish Harami'
A bearish harami is a two bar Japanese candlestick pattern that suggests prices may soon reverse to the downside. The pattern consists of a long white candle followed by a small black candle. The opening and closing prices of the second candle must be contained within the body of the first candle. An uptrend precedes the formation of a bearish harami.

Translation - DOW formed the bearish harami today (pictured below) right on previous resistance. Unless some positive action sets the market above resistance with volume it looks like a range back down is likely.

I'm amazed at the various things you and Frisco pick up each day, I'm still relatively new so haven't ventured to the various option pieces yet but this type of thing really helps me (and I'm sure others) learn
oldarmy1
AG
cgh1999 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Was just coming here to post this. Come on baby.
Now $4.69....going to have to do it after the bell if its gonna blow.
aggiehunter3
AG
The chk 7/20 $4s I picked up a month ago at .1 are paying nicely.

Also have a nice winner going with EPD $28 calls as it looks to take on January resistance of $28.5 today.
oldarmy1
AG
Buying CSCO calls out to July
Rice and Fries
I am up 93% since yesterday on SDRL.... Holy Crap what do I do....
oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

At the very least you make it a risk free holding IMO.
oldarmy1
AG
CSCO options up 25% after 15 minutes. I like that kind of move.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

snowmnag970 said:

At the very least you make it a risk free holding IMO.
10-4
leoj
AG
Got into csco a little late
oldarmy1
AG
SN rocket
Most energy is moving hard.

SWN still hasn't broken through but if not in under $4 and want a trade then the June 1st $5 Calls would be my pick under 10 cents entry.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
BAC moving
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

SN rocket

SWN still hasn't broken through but if not in under $4 and want a trade then the June 1st $5 Calls would be my pick under 10 cents entry.
With SWN, I see them mainly as an NGL player and not so much as an crude. I do agree that they seem to be undervalued and have a great P/E compared to peers.
Rice and Fries
snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

SN rocket

With SWN, I see them mainly as an NGL player and not so much as an crude. I do agree that they seem to be undervalued and have a great P/E compared to peers.
I see this https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-presses-germany-to-drop-russian-pipeline-for-trade-deal-1526566415

As a great catalyst for SWN and the likes of other O&G NGL producers if you can get Germany to drop their planned 2nd Russian gas pipeline in order to protect their auto industry.
oldarmy1
AG
Not my favorite intraday chart pattern on SWN. Curses! CHK and SN look great.
BT1395
AG
Too late to get in on SN?
cgh1999
AG
That top resistance is strong.
sts7049
AG
BT1395 said:

Too late to get in on SN?

i hope not, I'm holding on until 6 bucks or so
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Not my favorite intraday chart pattern on SWN. Curses! CHK and SN look great.
I did buy 10 options contracts with a $0.09/share price for SWN. But mine expire on June 8th. We will see what happens.
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 6419

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.