Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,230,130 Views | 225111 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by flashplayer
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a lot of shares in NASDAQ shares currently and am buying SQQQ as a hedge into the close. $13.23 entry. Big move today 1% higher on the COMP.
pfo
AG
quote:
ATW....just sayin

That'll teach you to listen to me! But seriously I know you get a lot out of smaller moves in the stocks you trade options in. I never know where a stock is going tomorrow and I know now you do. I just know there's a lot of oil out there and we know how to get it and historically that's suppressed prices for 20 year periods of time. And those 20 year periods are hardest of all on deep water drillers.

But oil also trades on rumors and interest rates moves by the Fed in a muted way but similar to gold and silver. It's a valuable commodity that trades in dollars and if dollars get cheaper (from lowered interest rate expectations) oil and gold's dollar value should go up.
oldarmy1
AG
I agreed with your and the others comments. If I wanted to trade the technical I still could have. Had others that were more proven to trade so avoided it. It's all good.
ranchag04
AG
Twtr
TriumphForks
AG
Takeover rumors for TWTR coming to fruition?
DonaldFDraper
AG
https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/23/google-salesforce-twitter-sale/
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Twtr

Dog of a stock!
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
Twtr

Dog of a stock!

The fact that the business is openly for sale is confirmation that the fundamentals aren't great. It may be a good trading stock, but the stock performance isn't an accurate representation of the company's performance.
Gator2_01
AG
Which is why it's been discussed here so much. This thread is mostly technical analysis with a bit of fundamentals mixed in.
oldarmy1
AG
Busy day and fun night ahead so making this quick as I can. You know that gap that filled yesterday? The one I said this is where you take a lot of profits? Yeah that gap. And then remember I said the markets left a gap up to get there at the same time? Well that got filled today.

Really nothing more than that to see right now. Volume was a non-factor. It will take some more data to conclude whether yesterdays high, which was lower than the previous top becomes an issue or if today's profit taking and gap fill serves to spring the markets upward. And yes - that means I don't know. I went ahead and left those hedge trades put in place since they are in the money, with the retreat today.

Have a great weekend!
oldarmy1
AG
Lot of red on the overseas markets. Oil slumping again and the yen strengthening leading the decline. U.S. Futures not down too bad currently but watch for deep red into open. That would result in a retest fairly quickly.

oldarmy1
AG
Just took 50% of all hedge positions profits off on the ugly open.
TriumphForks
AG
Back on TWTR (I bought at just over $16/sh), with the recent jump is it likely that if a buyout is announced the premium is already priced in? What would happen to price if the buyout rumor does not come to fruition? I've considered selling my shares but obviously would not want to miss out on a future pop.
Gator2_01
AG
You're looking at 0.25 cost of an Oct16 18.5 Put if you wanted to buy some protection.
jh0400
AG
IMO, there will be an argument made by any potential acquirer that the unaffected price is around $18.xx. Today's close is close to a 30% premium over the unaffected price. I'm not sure how much more a potential suitor would offer, but if no deal materializes the price likely drops to below the previous unaffected price.
oldarmy1
AG
UPDATED:
Futures green and moving higher above the 18k support.
Overnight lost a 100+ DOW futures move. See if that choppiness shows itself in the markets today.

Key support is 18k. Doesn't mean/matter if we flash below it, but the close below it would spell trouble.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Back on TWTR (I bought at just over $16/sh), with the recent jump is it likely that if a buyout is announced the premium is already priced in? What would happen to price if the buyout rumor does not come to fruition? I've considered selling my shares but obviously would not want to miss out on a future pop.

FYI...2 services just released TWTR Option buys with $25 Strikes
0708aggie
AG
Army, what are your thoughts on Nike (NKE). Earnings after the bell today. Near a 52 week low. Any thoughts on a bounce here?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Army, what are your thoughts on Nike (NKE). Earnings after the bell today. Near a 52 week low. Any thoughts on a bounce here?
I am in NKE $55 call options for this Friday at $1.25 & 1.26 fills. It broke the recent week support yesterday and moved to new lows. Then flashed below yesterdays lows this morning (potential fakey reversal move) before coming back within yesterdays range. I like the volume buying yesterday, although it's been quiet today.
oldarmy1
AG
NKE pressed back up into pre-breakdown support. $55.04 now. Those calls are already $1.42 x $1.47
$55.30 now and options up to $1.60. I am taking 50% off the table with the quick days gains. Love having a 15%+ cushion on premiums into earnings.
pfo
AG
Nike missed future sales estimates. Third miss in a row. Competition from Under Armer and Adidas cited. Stock down 4% after market.

oldarmy1
AG
Yeah, it dropped $2.50 and ended down $1.13, so will be interesting on the open.
GenericAggie
AG
@oldarmy1 - thought on AMZN? Bezos doesn't care about quarters - has a much longer view. Not sure if AWS will sustain growth at 55+% growth.

oldarmy1
AG
quote:
@oldarmy1 - thought on AMZN? Bezos doesn't care about quarters - has a much longer view. Not sure if AWS will sustain growth at 55+% growth.

Great question. They have some outside the box plans, so I wouldn't bet against Bezos.
GenericAggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Great question. They have some outside the box plans, so I wouldn't bet against Bezos.

So I've heard. I'm curious as to his shipping play in China. Stop alibaba or end to end supply chain?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

So I've heard. I'm curious as to his shipping play in China. Stop alibaba or end to end supply chain?
24/7 bicycle delivery.

How about end to end supply chain and absorbing alibaba? Possible? I don't know.
GenericAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

24/7 bicycle delivery.

How about end to end supply chain and absorbing alibaba? Possible? I don't know.

Not absorbing alibaba because that's a state owned entity but competing against them and potentially helping block their entrance into the US, or slow them down some.
pfo
AG
For oldarmy and anyone else who bought Goldcorp on his technical call:

1) My notice of the gold miners is they typically trade up going into the end of each month. So now. My theory on why is that the news letters usually come out at the beginning of each month including those that recommend gold and silver miners. I subscribe to a couple of them and immediately after reading them I always think "Damn America and the world's financies are in even worse shape than I thought" and I buy more. Well I'm not the only one buying.

So now I just buy near the end of each month and get the full ride up from the news letter bump. It's a trading strategy and it's been working for me this year.
oldarmy1
AG
ATW Ok now it's just funny
Joseph Parrish
AG
So who actually believes OPEC this time?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/28/investing/oil-surges-after-opec-informal-meeting/index.html
pfo
AG
quote:
So who actually believes OPEC this time?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/28/investing/oil-surges-after-opec-informal-meeting/index.html

Not me. Certain members of OPEC have cheated on every single output quota they have ever agreed upon. Why would "this time be different"?
oldarmy1
AG
GILD potential trade. I am in $79.50 Friday calls on the cheap.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Hope you got out of CIE oldarmy.
Ahem
oldarmy1
AG
I had the absolute bottom day identified on ATW and now it broke out above the last resistance top. Grrrrrrrr
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
How much higher can ATW realistically go? Bought at $7.25 last Thursday and am thinking I should take my money and run before this comes back down?
First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 6432

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.