Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,175 Views | 224613 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buying MOMO
ProgN
The whole company?
J_Landes89
AG
You adding to your WDC calls? At $1.46 now

Trying to decide to just hang as is or buy up as it keeps lowering
YNWA_AG
AG
Options or shares?
CheladaAg
AG
TGT looks to be targeting that small gap up shortly. Looks a bit inv H&S on daily.
McInnis 03
AG
GO PINS!
J_Landes89
AG
Those GILD $72.5 calls are getting cheaper to pick up! $.17
ProgN
Jizzle89 said:

Those GILD $72.5 calls are getting cheaper to pick up! $.17
I bought the 4/17 $80c yesterday. It breaks out, those should pay nicely.
McInnis 03
AG
My GILD apr 80c are anchors right now.
oldarmy1
AG
I buy the 337 calls expiring tomorrow 58 cents on the retest of days lows.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I buy the 337 calls expiring tomorrow 58 cents on the retest of days lows.
If you get the feeling somebody is following you, don't worry about it. That's just me.
oldarmy1
AG
I take half of the 58 cent calls and sell here above 80 cents. So now you have complete profits locked in and zero downside risk on all hedges.
Brewmaster
AG
khkman22 said:

Assuming ROKU beats, will anybody be looking at puts early tomorrow morning? What about calls if they miss on something or guidance is not great? Basically, has anybody decided that one way or the other the model T trade will be appealing to them?

I did this on their November earnings release and it worked out well on the call side. I'm not sure I'm as confident it will work the other way around this time though if they beat.
I'll be looking at cheap calls on Friday, assuming it dips (and beats). If IV is still super high today, they may hold it down through Friday.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I take half of the 58 cent calls and sell here above 80 cents. So now you have complete profits locked in and zero downside risk on all hedges.
Your move was far better timed than mine. I probably bought your sells.
59 South
AG
SQ volume spike right up to top of 16 month Darvis box. Earnings in a couple weeks. Could run up more if breaks out of the box. I wish I owned it in an account with covered call ability! I'm in a couple month swing from 63.30.
McInnis 03
AG
Would it be insane to buy an AMZN 2200c or 2150c on a weekly right now? I'm not doing it, bu tseems like a nice in/out opportunity.
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Your move was far better timed than mine. I probably bought your sells.
This is where the your disciplines on Model T's come into play. We had a move up that lead to a retest. I entered calls based on retest holding but prepared to bail if it didn't. Once it started back up the Model T was nearly perfect on the 82 cent exit.

So now we're trading sideways at the mean average as the markets determine direction.
IrishTxAggie
AG
2150C coukd work. 2200 is way too far out for a weekly. doing it for next week might work, but it's so exposed to the China situation because of how much of their procurement is over there.
oldarmy1
AG
OKTA using the negative markets to creep up towards resistance. Markets get any juice and we're golden.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OKTA using the negative markets to creep up towards resistance. Markets get any juice and we're golden.
just saw a massive green bar -- it's a 200k share purchase. Works out to 27 mil $ !!
McInnis 03
AG
Yeah, that was wasn't me.
IrishTxAggie
AG
MSFT is exploding right now. 187.5C for next week can pay well
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ranger! TWLO!! Thank you!!!

Curious why you guys think GILD is not at the top of a Darvas box and ready to slide back to the bottom of it? They are ginormous, I don't think a Kung Flu vaccine is going to move the needle on them, and I'm pretty sure they're too big for buyout rumors to be feasible?
McInnis 03
AG
Wow, twlo
AgShaun00
AG
Anyone play ESPR?

I bought back in 2016 for 10, and sold in 2017 for an average of 44, rebought in 2018 for 38 and now at 73.45. Not sure when to sell it.
oldarmy1
AG
WDC looking good....at least options are green for anyone who entered
oldarmy1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Anyone play ESPR?

I bought back in 2016 for 10, and sold in 2017 for an average of 44, rebought in 2018 for 38 and now at 73.45. Not sure when to sell it.
Today looks like a blow off top day. Do you have the ability to sell covered calls? I'd go out to March 20 and sell the $70 calls for $10 asap.
fightintxag13
AG
59 South said:

SQ volume spike right up to top of 16 month Darvis box. Earnings in a couple weeks. Could run up more if breaks out of the box. I wish I owned it in an account with covered call ability! I'm in a couple month swing from 63.30.

I took some profits at $82 in case it slides back down. Still holding plenty for a potential breakout.
McInnis 03
AG
I need to figure out how to do covered calls on Ameritrade. Haven't figured it out yet.
oldarmy1
AG
There comes MOMO
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I need to figure out how to do covered calls on Ameritrade. Haven't figured it out yet.
What platform or service are you owning the shares in?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Sell (to open) one option contract for every 100 shares you own. If you don't own shares, you can do this in 2 transactions, or in ToS right click on the option you're interested in writing and look for 'covered stock' under buy. The latter will debit the call sale from the share price.

Since they went $0 stock transaction fees, it really doesn't matter which way you make the trade.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Green S&P and NASDAQ....LOL
McInnis 03
AG
I use mostly the web based utility of Ameritrade.
McInnis 03
AG
gotsand said:

McInnis 03 said:

Sell (to open) one option contract for every 100 shares you own. If you don't own shares, you can do this in 2 transactions, or in ToS right click on the option you're interested in writing and look for 'covered stock' under buy. The latter will debit the call sale from the share price.

Since they went $0 stock transaction fees, it really doesn't matter which way you make the trade.
Thank you, I'll have to dive in and maybe throw one out on one of my losers I'm still holding. (aka marijuana crap)
First Page Last Page
Page 980 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.