Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,999,517 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
leoj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some CPA's are about to be out of a job
jbeck3487
AG
gig em 02 said:

I've got a pair of net free AMAT 2/21 63C, any chance I can get OA rich by holding into next week or is the best play to sell at the open tomorrow? (depending on what the pre-market price looks like obviously)
You have to hit the Powerball
claym711
AG
Interesting that most gains since that small Coronavirus drop was made AH, aside from Monday. I've been nothing but long intraday lately but hasn't paid well. Macro, still watching and current assumption is more down. Market didn't like the new virus numbers out of China in AH
CheladaAg
AG
claym711 said:

Interesting that most gains since that small Coronavirus drop was made AH, aside from Monday. I've been nothing but long intraday lately but hasn't paid well. Macro, still watching and current assumption is more down. Market didn't like the new virus numbers out of China in AH

I'd say GILD is going to pop tomorrow.
Brewmaster
AG
Quote:

Bloom Energy revealed that it recognized revenue from certain customer contracts immediately, instead of over the life of the contract, as rules require.
already a law firm sniffing around on it... but doesn't sound like a big deal long term. So they didn't inflate numbers, just recorded them incorrectly.
gig em 02
boyz05 said:

claym711 said:

I'd say APT is going to pop tomorrow.

Fify, my corona hedges should pick up in the morning
IrishTxAggie
AG
Asian markets appear to be shrugging it off for now. They changed the way it's reported on to be considered a Corona case to showing the symptoms gets considered a case and they're not waiting on test confirmations anymore. That's why the giant spike in confirmed cases
Ranger222
AG
yeah, that numbers release seemed like a tremendous opportunity to buy futures if that was you thing. already recovered a bit.
Ragoo
AG
claym711 said:

yep. Everything is bid up in early trading and then fades the rest of the session.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures down 9.5

SPY hedges FTW maybe early.
george1992
leoj said:

Some CPA's are about to be out of a job

This had been said for years but there is always been more demand for CPA s than supply. Trust me I wish the work would slow down but there is always more work than people to do it.

Edit. Some CPAs are about to use their professional liability insurance.
ProgN
You and I have been following ROKU a longtime, what's your gut feel and expectation for earnings?

I'm just curious and anyone else can chime in with their's as well.
Ragoo
AG
I expect good numbers. I have covered calls in place. I may but ATM falls out to March monthly. Premium delta for the extra month isn't significant and you get the extra month. Idk, I may just watch.
McInnis 03
AG
Yesterday's spy put may be da real mvp
ProgN
Based on strong Q4 numbers from other companies, I think they crush numbers across the board, including units, subs and hours viewers are on ROKU. I really want them to have positive comments of international expansion, primarily in India and China. We get all that, it should breakout with serious momentum.
Ragoo
AG
I agree "should" stock is heavily manipulated IMO.
gig em 02
Anecdotal but we had to buy 2 rokus after we got Disney+, since I'm holding calls I fully expect it to crush earnings like BABA and tank the stock
gig em 02
Doesn't stop people from buying face masks from APT, which has been a nice roller coaster
ProgN
It's just a stock that has to hit on all cylinders or it gets punished. High risk/reward more than manipulation imo.
ProgN
I bought 2 new devices for Disney+ as well. Another friend of mine bought 5.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
Bought SPY at $335.12 against those $335 Puts.
oldarmy1
AG
Sold SPY $335.79

Day trading SPY so now Puts are net free.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

It's just a stock that has to hit on all cylinders or it gets punished. High risk/reward more than manipulation imo.

I have plenty of dry powder for Friday/ ROKU. Bullish for next week....I think they beat but it still dips. Next week will be fun though
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Asian markets appear to be shrugging it off for now. They changed the way it's reported on to be considered a Corona case to showing the symptoms gets considered a case and they're not waiting on test confirmations anymore. That's why the giant spike in confirmed cases

I was off on this. I wish more people would read instead of headline hysteria. Good for y'all with the puts on
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

So my Tesla put may be worth something?
oldarmy1
AG
GILD is green in the face of this mornings futures fun.

Might be some truth to various rumors getting close.
ProgN
I'm not sure which ones you're in. This might just be a blip because it has a lot of momentum right now. I don't have the stones to dance with TSLA options.
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm not sure which ones you're in. This might just be a blip because it has a lot of momentum right now. I don't have the stones to dance with TSLA options.
It was a dumb move and if I can get anywhere close to back to even I'm jumping out lol
Ranger222
AG
I'm looking forward to a day that starts red instead of our usual market opening gap up and slowly fade the rest of the day. I honestly hate those days and we've been having too many of them.
khkman22
AG
Assuming ROKU beats, will anybody be looking at puts early tomorrow morning? What about calls if they miss on something or guidance is not great? Basically, has anybody decided that one way or the other the model T trade will be appealing to them?

I did this on their November earnings release and it worked out well on the call side. I'm not sure I'm as confident it will work the other way around this time though if they beat.
EngrAg14
AG
AAPL began a short break out late yesterday.
APL 2/21~228 for $330~335 depending on how you wanna roll your dice!

expect it to be 330 after a good weekend jump or tues/wed of next week.
McInnis 03
AG
Net free on teh SPY puts and then some.
oldarmy1
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Net free on teh SPY puts and then some.
Well done.

On big gap down openings I usually hold onto my Puts but I buy the closest expiring SPY call to catch any initial "pop". I already sold those which makes a lot of quick money.
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

FSLY reports after close Feb 20th. Chart looks inviting for a move up into earnings. Anyone know of them?
I just took a small slot of Mar 23c for this.
First Page Last Page
Page 979 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.