Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,064,355 Views | 224404 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by GreasenUSA
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buying AIMT at under 32. Swing trading.
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

oldarmy1 said:

fightintxag13 said:

Still like $4.00+ as an exit here?
Yes....We would have been there save the China panic.
Are these the 2/21 $62.50s? Didn't get to enter any last week and can't remember the strikes and targets that were mentioned.

Edit: See that they were the 3/20 $62.50s. Were those around $2 on entry? If so looks like I missed about 50% of targeted gains.
They were $1.35 when first posted.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
UpstateAg said:

Buying AIMT at under 32. Swing trading.
so here's my rant on AIMT:
I got burned holding calls when it ran up to the FDA review panel or whatever it was last year, which it passed and was supposed to have been a big milestone, but the stock barely moved. Hopefully if you're investing in this you already know it, but their "technology" is tiny doses of whatever it is you're allergic to, increasing dosage over time, to build your body's immunity to whatever the allergen is. Today is peanuts, next one in the pipeline is eggs. Well that ain't rocket surgery (I guess the technology is extracting the allergen and administering calculated doses) and I think the medical community and most of the investing community know that, therefore this company doesn't seem to move with big announcements. I guess they have a nestle partnership or something which is probably also leading to its stability and it will probably grow, but it doesn't have the volatility with announcements that a lot of pharmas do
tamu2009
AG
I bought these a while back and as soon as I did, it fell off the cliff. I figure with my luck they'll expire worthless, so I havne't dumped them yet. But I hope you bring me some good luck and I can sell them for a modest loss at some point
IrishTxAggie
AG
TSLA 3/20 $1000C are getting a good bit of play at 10.5/contract
leoj
AG
TSLA is just insane. Went in and out of the 2/7 750 calls for about 60%, they are now at 275% return.

What's crazy is I want to find the person who bought leaps on this when it went down to 200 and held them until this year. That person is buying an island somewhere at this point.
gig em 02
IrishTxAggie said:

Where is the guy that bought the 800s for March? Partying in Miami still?
gig em 02
I've switched to buying the stock, option pricing is way outside my $200 risk threshold
spud1910
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Tempting. I have had a good run in the 800 weekly this morning. It is crazy.
ProgN
gig em 02 said:

I've switched to buying the stock, option pricing is way outside my $200 risk threshold

I read your post too fast and I saw it as $200K threshold. I was like damn, he just slapped his Johnson right down on the table.
IrishTxAggie
AG
spud1910 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I've played TSLA twice today to the tune of 100% on each trade. I'm watching TSLA the rest of the day. Not going to try 3/3
spud1910
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

spud1910 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I've played TSLA twice today to the tune of 100% on each trade. I'm watching TSLA the rest of the day. Not going to try 3/3
Yeah, the 3/20 $1000c were over $16 by the time I pulled them up. I did well with both the 750s and 800s today. Holding onto runners for each.
tramaro1
AG
leoj said:

TSLA is just insane. Went in and out of the 2/7 750 calls for about 60%, they are now at 275% return.

What's crazy is I want to find the person who bought leaps on this when it went down to 200 and held them until this year. That person is buying an island somewhere at this point.

Sold my weekly $720 c this morning for $13 these are currently sitting at $40+ and still running. Talk about selling too soon lol
leoj
AG
well I just left a few grand on the table lol. I have to stop looking at this point.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hypothetically, if one were to get in at around $277 on TSLA, it would make sense to sell and reallocate that now huh?
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

gig em 02 said:

I read your post too fast and I saw it as $200K threshold. I was like damn, he just slapped his Johnson right down on the table.

Is $200k a lot?
spud1910
AG
spud1910 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

spud1910 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Yeah, the 3/20 $1000c were over $16 by the time I pulled them up. I did well with both the 750s and 800s today. Holding onto runners for each.
And now they are over $19.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Hypothetically, if one were to get in at around $277 on TSLA, it would make sense to sell and reallocate that now huh?
Why? I'd sell covered calls on 1/2 $100 OTM. If you get called out, then I'd reallocate. But those suckers are gold right now
khaos288
AG
khaos288 said:

Wow. I've never been so disappointed to make 800$. The TSLA calls I sold for 6.75 are now 19.00 22.00 28.00

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
AMRS finally breaking out.
ProgN
For an options trade? It's way outside my threshold
khkman22
AG
khaos288 said:

khaos288 said:

Wow. I've never been so disappointed to make 800$. The TSLA calls I sold for 6.75 are now 19.00 22.00 28.00

Boat Shoes
AG
So, when do we go short TSLA?
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

For an options trade? It's way outside my threshold
funny, the ROKU calls were outside mine! so I'm playing DIS (short exp) instead. Up about 50% today, may just let it go and play earnings with it. DIS stock could very well be 150+ by end of the week.

Trying to turn a tiny $200 RH account into something (just wanted the challenge of it really).
Brewmaster
AG
TSLA wtf!? Are the cars curing cancer now too?
oldarmy1
AG
RUBI and TLRA will be merging sooner or later creating a super stock for the sector. Terms of the merger is TLRA holders receive 1.08 shares of RUBI upon closure.

So if you want to know what stock price would convert to simply take RUBi share price, currently $9.12 and multiply that with 1.08 = $9.85

So that means TLRA at $9.78 is the better buy currently.
tlepoC
AG
How confident are we in DIS earnings? I've got a significant number of options ITM - trying to figure out whether to hold through or sell a larger portion for 100% net free.
Colt98
AG
Well my tsla I sold this morning for $25 had a high of the day of $117. Oh well. On to the next one. Not going to cry over spilled milk. Now dis needs to go for me.
tamu2009
AG
I'd go net free. I think OA always preaches go net free if you can. (I'm also an lolpoor and a newb, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)

I've been burned by DIS too much to not go net free if I had that chance.
GreasenUSA
AG
oldarmy1 said:

RUBI and TLRA will be merging sooner or later creating a super stock for the sector. Terms of the merger is TLRA holders receive 1.08 shares of RUBI upon closure.

So if you want to know what stock price would convert to simply take RUBi share price, currently $9.12 and multiply that with 1.08 = $9.85

So that means TLRA at $9.78 is the better buy currently.
What if I'm holding TLRA July 17 $12.50 Calls? Not sure if it's a good idea to hold options through a merger...
McInnis 03
AG
GOOG announces after close today and I'm already over doubled on my call position. But I only bought 1...........bird in hand, birds in bush is screaming to me right now. Stop limit has been placed but I doubt it triggers before EOD
ProgN
Aggierific said:

How confident are we in DIS earnings? I've got a significant number of options ITM - trying to figure out whether to hold through or sell a larger portion for 100% net free.

I think DIS earnings will be good. What they say going forward is going to be the wildcard. They've closed their park in China due to the coronavirus and not sure if they'll have to keep it closed longer. They're also not at their highs so I think they have room to run. I'm in ROKU calls and hoping for solid Disney + numbers. JMO
Shiner Bock
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggierific said:

I think DIS earnings will be good. What they say going forward is going to be the wildcard. They've closed their park in China due to the coronavirus and not sure if they'll have to keep it closed longer. They're also not at their highs so I think they have room to run. I'm in ROKU calls and hoping for solid Disney + numbers. JMO

the parks would be barren if coronavirus actually began to significantly impact USA, so they may acknowledge it as an ongoing concern
Boat Shoes
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggierific said:

If you were to play DIS for earnings, thoughts on what strike price and expiration offers the best value?
ProgN
That's exactly what I'm concerned about. If they close US parks, cruises etc. the street might not be too forgiving. If that happens then I'll be a buyer because I think this coronavirus is being way overblown.
First Page Last Page
Page 947 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.