Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,223 Views | 224263 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by ProgN
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah I'll be hopping in Tues after doing some research, may also add SYBX that was mentioned early last week, love that gap up to almost $5
IrishTxAggie
AG
Keep an eye on PRTY
gougler08
AG
That's a big cup forming
J_Landes89
AG
What are you looking at to see that?

What timeline on the chart I guess is what I'm asking
leoj
AG
Saw that. Side note, kind of crazy that we are in a helium shortage and have been for a while? Anyone else heard about this?
FrioAg 00
AG
My understanding is that a lot of that shortage goes back the the US government actions.

We found helium to be a significant military asset for certain technologies, so the government stockpiled it for decades. At one point most of the worlds helium was controlled by the us government.

As technology evolved the perceived significance decreased, and eventually the government started releasing it to the free market.

Predictably but unfortunately, this depressed prices and made helium mining non-economical. Investments in helium production went dry and existing operations stopped altogether. Now that the stockpiles are unwound pricing has returned (and is spiking) but the lead time on capital investments are very long.

Just another lesson in the perils of government intervention into free markets.
khaos288
AG
I don't really like that definition of government intervention or free markets. The military stocking up on valuable assets is just a valid move in the market as any entity could have done that, and they didn't use anything but money to control their asset.

When I think of government intervention I think of tax levying, price fixing, laws passed that control some economic function etc.
gougler08
AG
Jizzle89 said:

What are you looking at to see that?

What timeline on the chart I guess is what I'm asking

Daily chart starting with the huge red candle and gap down (high was at 3.31) and then a rounded bottom to start coming back up to Friday's high of 3.23, almost completed it now so would expect a consolidation handle before a break out. I'd target a medium hold to try and close the gap up by 6
Brewmaster
AG
nice find on PRTY!

remember all, markets closed tomorrow, MLK day.

SOH is a good one tomorrow (Sit On Hands), lol.
leoj
AG
Lots of fintwit chatter on pot stocks that have rebounded on volume. Any thoughts? Still feel like I don't see how there will be revenue/cash flow/earnings growth to justify expanded valuation multiples? But I guess in this market anything is possible.
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Lots of fintwit chatter on pot stocks that have rebounded on volume. Any thoughts? Still feel like I don't see how there will be revenue/cash flow/earnings growth to justify expanded valuation multiples? But I guess in this market anything is possible.
With prices depressed I hold to what I said as they were bottoming. Buy some LEAPS out to 2022 and forget them. See if they make it big or die.
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

leoj said:

With prices depressed I hold to what I said as they were bottoming. Buy some LEAPS out to 2022 and forget them. See if they make it big or die.
Lot of newsletters I read think this is the year for pot
jmcfar_98
AG
Illinois started selling Jan 1. NY, NJ, and Conn will be next. Lots of states are going to pass legislation this year to allow recreation use. Pot stocks should be getting high.
leoj
AG
Kind of irrelevant to these public companies until it's federally legal, unless they are in CBD, right?
HustlerAggie
jmcfar_98 said:

Illinois started selling Jan 1. NY, NJ, and Conn will be next. Lots of states are going to pass legislation this year to allow recreation use. Pot stocks should be getting high.
Missouri is about to start selling medical too. (I live near St. Louis and a lot of people here are driving across the border to get stuff from Illinois.)

Do the same companies sell medical as well as recreational? I know some states, like Florida, have weird laws around who can grow (has to be in-state) and sell the pot, but I didn't know what companies did nationally.
Hustle Harder
Brewmaster
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

solid writing there sir!

if any want a good blend of the good stuff, MJ is an ETF...blend of pot stocks. I'd be cautious though of fintwit pumping.
chubbs07
AG
Donated; happy to help. And thanks for all the info and guidance on this thread, OA.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Apparently BYND has something big brewing in China and its expected to drop as early as tomorrow. It can go fast.
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Apparently BYND has something big brewing in China and its expected to drop as early as tomorrow. It can go fast.

Yep all the services have been going nuts. Calls for days
ProgN
leoj
AG
S&p futures down 12.5, we will see what happens.

Also this human to human transmitted virus in China right before the whole country is off for their major week long holiday.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bunch of fear mongering little *****es on the SARS 2.0... Six people are dead and ~300 confirmed infections. It's the ****ing flu!! Y'all have any idea how many deaths are linked to flu/yr in the US; 12,000-80,000! Ya know who dies from it; the elderly and already sick (compromised immune systems). I don't believe the Chinese have released information on the dead people, but I bet they were old.
tamu2009
AG
well. JD back down to $39.15. Guess time to get rid of these $37Cs for next week and load up on some $40 options out a few weeks.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Expect every Chinese stock to get nailed at the opening. It should present a decent buying opportunity. Because once the news gets off this coronavirus cycle, they should have a decent rebound. BIDU, JD, LK, MOMO, YY, etc..
oldarmy1
AG
I have $38.50 Puts on JD so hoping for a flash down open with buys against those.

SDC and COF green. Watch to see if SDC can break $14 for continuation signal.
Brewmaster
AG
In on a cup of LK soon, yum! Just looks like an excuse to drop Chinese stocks, great buying opp.
oldarmy1
AG
Buy WOOD Feb $68 calls for a global economic trade. Chart looks good as well as this macro impact

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/479087-trump-announces-the-us-will-join-1-trillion-tree-initiative#.XicG5VTLANc.twitter

oldarmy1
AG
AMD looking like it wants to bust out.
george1992
Any cups handles breakouts candles etc on ONTX? Its dragging me down man. I keep adding on the dips and it keeps dipping making for a big loss on the old unrealized p&l.
AgShaun00
AG
oldarmy1 said:

AMD looking like it wants to bust out.
I keep reading that AMD has big potential to go.
oldarmy1
AG
There she blows.....AMD
gougler08
AG
CVET got through that 15.30 mark but not on volume, so probably doesn't mean much
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

fightintxag13
AG
AMRN rebounding nicely after a bad day last Friday.
E
AG
Anyone in the weekly $106 COF?
First Page Last Page
Page 913 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.