Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,984,560 Views | 224113 Replies | Last: 59 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
Aggie_2463
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I think NIO hits $8+ soon. The 2021 and 2022 $3 & $4 calls are going to be glorious.

So if you got shares at 3.36 would you sale now and try to buy back in on dip, or just hold and let her rip
ProgN
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

Can you imagine if Trump wins in November and the next day announced removal of tariffs, 4000 easy
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I think NIO hits $8+ soon. The 2021 and 2022 $3 & $4 calls are going to be glorious.

So if you got shares at 3.36 would you sale now and try to buy back in on dip, or just hold and let her rip

If this is all you have then hold it like it's gold. You could sell and use all the profits to buy $5 calls out to 2021 for no risk long but NIO will see $8 and I can see $20+ if they execute on deliveries.
gig em 02
oldarmy1 said:

these are options you already have or do you intend to buy these today?
J_Landes89
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

If this is all you have then hold it like it's gold. You could sell and use all the profits to buy $5 calls out to 2021 for no risk long but NIO will see $8 and I can see $20+ if they execute on deliveries.

Would Jan 21 $7 or $10 calls be too much of a reach to risk right now??
IrishTxAggie
AG
Jizzle89 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Think you'd be better off buying ITM calls for 2021 if you're interested in that year personally.

I'm all out of NIO. I sold everything for a loss a couple months ago. Fortunately I put it in TSLA options and all good now. Congrats to those of y'all still in it.
oldarmy1
AG
Jizzle89 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Adding the $7's would be worthwhile IMO. Realize that the earlier the move the more the premium build will be on those.
mavsfan4ever
AG
badharambe said:

Another long trading idea sermon. I'm not encouraging or advising you to make this trade, you gotta do your own research...
haven't been on here in a while but wanted to lay out a stock play ive been watching and am starting to push in heavily.

Here's a hint:
A recent IPO
Expensive hardware
Monthly software service fees
....niche market with no moat (think gpro ala June - Oct 2014)

PTON!
Here's why:
Chart is setting up beautifully with higher low on Jan 10.
Citron has lured a lot of shorts in with $5 price target ( short float is ~63% )
Total float is 43.7mil shares
Of those shares available:
Wellington management owns 5 mil
Baillie Gifford owns 14.5 mil
(Based on 13Gs found in SEC: https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=Pton&owner=exclude&action=getcompany&Find=Search )

So, 63% float short on give or take 24 mil shares. Seems like a great opportunity for a massive short squeeze. My strategy includes shares and $50 calls for July.

What's the reasoning for buying with such a high short float? Isnt the traditional line of thinking that you should stay away from such a high short float?

Are you saying that you think the short squeeze has been keeping the stock price down and you think it will end soon and once the squeeze is over it should pop?

Or are you saying the squeeze could happen soon and you are going to buy big when it dips due to the squeeze?
Brewmaster
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

keep resetting your stop losses higher. That's my plan, ride it til it runs out of gas, err electricity, lol.
ProgN

Not sure how markets will react?
Aggie_2463
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Jizzle89 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Think you'd be better off buying ITM calls for 2021 if you're interested in that year personally.

I'm all out of NIO. I sold everything for a loss a couple months ago. Fortunately I put it in TSLA options and all good now. Congrats to those of y'all still in it.
I did as well, but got back in to try and recover the losses from the first ride.
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Let's hold then. Sometimes my BAS flares up after my previous NIO & TEUM experiences
AgShaun00
AG
badharambe said:

Another long trading idea sermon. I'm not encouraging or advising you to make this trade, you gotta do your own research...
haven't been on here in a while but wanted to lay out a stock play ive been watching and am starting to push in heavily.

Here's a hint:
A recent IPO
Expensive hardware
Monthly software service fees
....niche market with no moat (think gpro ala June - Oct 2014)

PTON!
Here's why:
Chart is setting up beautifully with higher low on Jan 10.
Citron has lured a lot of shorts in with $5 price target ( short float is ~63% )
Total float is 43.7mil shares
Of those shares available:
Wellington management owns 5 mil
Baillie Gifford owns 14.5 mil
(Based on 13Gs found in SEC: https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=Pton&owner=exclude&action=getcompany&Find=Search )

So, 63% float short on give or take 24 mil shares. Seems like a great opportunity for a massive short squeeze. My strategy includes shares and $50 calls for July.

newsletter I read is saying to short it.

Reasons are they have to pay music rights for premium music which they originally didn't do and now subbing lower grade music which could upset the user base. Being sued for 300M on those music rights.

FCF is est to be -250M in 2021.

You have lots of lower cost competitors coming into the market. Low barrier of entry.

Quote:

All of Peloton's upside is already "baked in."
Wall Street analysts estimate that Peloton will increase sales 53% to $1.4 billion in fiscal 2020, and then nearly 56% to $2.1 billion in fiscal 2021.
These estimates imply that Peloton will sell around 450,000 pieces of equipment next year and 700,000 more in fiscal 2021. It only sold 570,000 in the previous three years. That implies the company will triple its number of connected members to more than 1.6 million over the next two years.

leoj
AG
On the PTON track, Nautilus is up 200% in the last 3 months.
Brewmaster
AG
Be careful if any here choose to short PTON, looks like TSLA situation! Huge short interest been getting killed in other names.
Agree tho, would love to short it, not a fan.
AgShaun00
AG
BREwmaster said:

Be careful if any here choose to short PTON, looks like TSLA situation! Huge short interest been getting killed in other names.
Agree tho, would love to short it, not a fan.
i am staying on the sidelines. It will run and make money, but I think it will be a hype run. The recommendation was to short it for 2021 not pay more than 7.50 18P
J_Landes89
AG
Those NIO Jan 21 $5 calls have crushed it lately. Owe you guys big for that!
oldarmy1
AG
Bought the COF Calls. Go $106 or $107 out to Feb 7
UpstateAg
AG
In on a handful of 106.
E
AG
Snagged a few more SDC on the morning dip
oldarmy1
AG
Selling SPY bought against the Puts

Obviously want the SPY puts to die with breakout run so this was only a trade move.
oldarmy1
AG
$2 target price on the COF calls
E
AG
Volume on AMD
oldarmy1
AG
SDC above $12 with volume flood
Ranger222
AG
Have another one for the radar -- $CVET . A Henry Schein spin-off focused on tech development for animal health. Under new management and announced a deal today to sell off some international business to help raise cash. May take longer but has upside potential at these levels

E
AG
Were you the source of that SDC volume flood?
ProgN
tailgatetimer10
AG
SDC, we have liftoff
lawless89
tailgatetimer10 said:

SDC, we have liftoff
Glad I grabbed some more of it a couple of days ago.
Aggie_2463
AG
lawless89 said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

SDC, we have liftoff
Glad I grabbed some more of it a couple of days ago.
Hey, just glad to catch the tail end at $11.81.

Thanks to OA and Ranger
tailgatetimer10
AG
Where's it going to stop today, up 8% now
UpstateAg
AG
Price target...moon

Seeing what happens at 15.
oldarmy1
AG
Now you see why I said pay attention to this one over all the others.
Bird Poo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sold all of my NIO yesterday after riding it up from 3.30 to 3.80. Nice profit but I was waiting for $4+. It traded sideways after the Chinese announcement that they would keep the subsidies, so I thought it would go back to 3.50.

I have yet to score a big hit after following this thread, but I'm sure it will happen someday!
First Page Last Page
Page 903 of 6404

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.