Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,546 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FEYE moving
oldarmy1
AG
Not if markets continue upward.
oldarmy1
AG
$20 rule on TSLA. Covered half at $525 while I was away. Thank you Lord!
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Not if markets continue upward.

Gotcha, I was eyeing 40 calls out a couple weeks if it dipped back down around 39.50. Looks like that isn't likely now.
59 South
AG
Watching JPM for a potential retrace to around 139. 145c out a month for about .70.
krosch11
AG
panduh bear said:

900 pages. Might be the best Technical Analysis, Options, Market training guide ever.

Here's to 900 more. It's gonna be yuge.

Longtime lurker on this thread.
It's taken me about 7 months to read through all of the posts and then research and understand it all. Purchased the handbook of technical analysis and have set up a virtual account to practice strategies before playing with real money. I've learned an incredible amount reading through this thread (and researching conversation topics) and appreciate all those who contribute .
Aggie_2463
AG
Just now reading the thread today, guess I missed some SDC action

Bought some shares at 11.81, hope I didn't miss it
To much
Talon2DSO
AG
Picked up some JD 2/21 $43c for $0.65.
J_Landes89
AG
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the incredible free info, training, hints, and advice, but even more than that a fun online community to participate in.

I am as GREEN as grass when it comes to investing, trading, and especially options.

While my stock portfolio could use some love (moving in right direction last 6 months), my options portfolio is up 115%, which has made this learning process fun, and makes me want to continue improving...

Anyway, any and all learning and successes are from you guys, and I appreciate that greatly

I hope to one day contribute and be helpful as well!
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
Hey OA,

Your thread followers are growing. What game next fall are we all meeting at your tailgate?

We're somewhat of a cult now, so don't serve Kool-aid.
Trolley Problems
RE: NIO

Is the play still to sell a $4.00 covered call at $3.82 to net $4.40? How far out are you selling that covered call?
59 South
AG
Watching AMZN like a hawk for 1853 gap fill where I'd look to enter some calls. I have some extra to play with after ridiculous options gains from the 1740 to 1900 jump. The tricky part is earnings in a couple weeks so premiums are high starting 1/31 or after. I'd love the flash down to 1850 to enter 1/24 1900 calls.
WestTexAg12
AG
Put in a couple buys... 2 minutes later a huge drop across the board. My luck
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
59 South
AG
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-14/china-tariffs-to-stay-put-until-after-u-s-election-despite-deal-k5e80j8k

Report that China tariffs will stay in place until after election.
ProgN
oldarmy1
AG
Trolley Problems said:

Is the play still to sell a $4.00 covered call at $3.82 to net $4.40? How far out are you selling that covered call?
That $3.82 was known to be reached. That it hit it exactly is just stupid luck, but frankly we've been lucky on a ton of entry exits recently. Markets have some consolidation that hit but didn't impact NIO much yet. The premiums are only up to 37 cents and that's at the ask so a decision to hold or take the easy profits.

Just know that if it does press on to hit $4 it likely doesn't stop. Maybe sell out and convert 25% of profits on a Feb 14 $3.50 call? Use the premium against them.
oldarmy1
AG
If you don't have your SPY Puts, ES Puts, SPXS calls or other hedges better get them in place. One of these moves will eventually see a bottom drop out for a larger consolidation.
ProgN
Quote:

ZIOPHARM Oncology Option Alert: Jul 17 $6 Calls Sweep (2) near the Ask: 20000 @ $1.2 vs 57 OI; Earnings 3/3 After Close
Trolley Problems
oldarmy1 said:

Trolley Problems said:

That $3.82 was known to be reached. That it hit it exactly is just stupid luck, but frankly we've been lucky on a ton of entry exits recently. Markets have some consolidation that hit but didn't impact NIO much yet. The premiums are only up to 37 cents and that's at the ask so a decision to hold or take the easy profits.

Just know that if it does press on to hit $4 it likely doesn't stop. Maybe sell out and convert 25% of profits on a Feb 14 $3.50 call? Use the premium against them.

Thanks OA.
mrad85
AG
I wondered what happened. Talk about stopping a lot of momentum
HoustonAg2014
AG
59 South said:

Watching AMZN like a hawk for 1853 gap fill where I'd look to enter some calls. I have some extra to play with after ridiculous options gains from the 1740 to 1900 jump. The tricky part is earnings in a couple weeks so premiums are high starting 1/31 or after. I'd love the flash down to 1850 to enter 1/24 1900 calls.
I am still learning a lot, so can you explain how you can tell where the gap fills? What is an indicator for that?
oldarmy1
AG
mrad85 said:

I wondered what happened. Talk about stopping a lot of momentum
It's coming back. Model T achieved from day high to the V bottom off the selling. Now its time to see what it can show us.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

59 South said:

I am still learning a lot, so can you explain how you can tell where the gap fills? What is an indicator for that?
Using intraday on AMZN. Gap up or down means a seller or buyer came in hard creating a gap in the chart. Gaps tend to get filled. The first one with left and right arrows show the gap formed and rebound to fill it. There is also that one gap that didn't get filled and shouldn't unless this market doesn't rebound like it looks it is now.

oldarmy1
AG
Jan 15 SPY put for 38 cents my choice
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

52 now wave coming to send them back down again.

They hit a high of 57. See how not much selling sends premium spiking? That is what you look for on your hedges.
oldarmy1
AG
SPXS Feb 21 $13 Calls $0.40 or better on those.
Talon2DSO
AG
Thanks! Picked up at .42
oldarmy1
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Thanks! Picked up at .42
62 cents now
oldarmy1
AG
67 now......kinda makes you wish for a sell off doesn't it?
oldarmy1
AG
When you get a cup formed on your SPY puts it's worth noting.
leoj
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I went out to Jan 21 323 strike. Do you normally hedge closer to the money than that?
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

TEUM getting some love!
Up over 20% since I posted this

45%
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

oldarmy1 said:

I went out to Jan 21 323 strike. Do you normally hedge closer to the money than that?
I do but if you went out that far its a hedge against a correction, which isn't a bad move either. I do both but the close hedge I use for when I spot the selling volume like today. And the goal is to double and get my hedge money back out for a net free hedge. If your number starts to come into play DO NOT SELL IT because its gonna rock.
oldarmy1
AG
That is a bearish harami on the S&P if closes here.
First Page Last Page
Page 901 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.