Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,089,672 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by sts7049
59 South
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ROKU reversal day? Keeping an eye on calls out a week. 136 around $2 and 138 around $1.5
oldarmy1
AG
If GOOGL goes red I'm gonna have a party
Tumble Weed
Ranger222 said:

Clearing a lot of my open positions today -- good week, no need to get greedy
I think that we will see some more profit taking today. I cashed out on my high risk stocks (CHK, PER) during the Iranian flash up on oil.

Everything in portfolio now is a long term hold, and I will start shopping the discounts again next week.

AgShaun00
AG
59 South said:

ROKU reversal day? Keeping an eye on calls out a week. 136 around $2 and 138 around $1.5
This is one I am watching also.
59 South
AG
If this V doesn't hold, we could get a profit taking selloff. S&P 3240-3250 needs to hold if we get that today or early next week.

Watching AMZN closely. 1864 is pivot, could flash down to gap fill 1853. I'd be a getting in on some options if that happens. Maybe Monday morning...

Also watching if ROKU 129 holds, currently right at a huge pivot point.
59 South
AG
AgShaun00 said:

59 South said:

This is one I am watching also.
If no reversal today, then a Monday morning red opening would be a good time to enter weeklies.
oldarmy1
AG
Watch for resistance around 3275-3277 because if it heads down hard off that then a head and shoulder back to yesterday would be formed.
jtmoney03
AG
ZIOP was one that was on here a few weeks ago as a lotto for a bio that might get some news. It's up 5% today with expiration next week. Wonder if we might end up having a nice runner on this one next week.
Brewmaster
AG
Great tips everyone! many of you hit on what I want to do: Fidelity, covered calls, RH for other calls/ options.

If I had covered call ability on last LK run up I wouldn't be posting here today. I'd pack the kid and wife up and be sipping bourbon in the country!
Maximus_Meridius
AG
jtmoney03 said:

ZIOP was one that was on here a few weeks ago as a lotto for a bio that might get some news. It's up 5% today with expiration next week. Wonder if we might end up having a nice runner on this one next week.
There's a conference that one of the executives will be presenting at in the next week or two, if I remember correctly.
ProgN
They present at a conference next Thursday.
ProgN
On 1/16
george1992
oldarmy1 said:

Bought some Jan 13 $326 SPY Puts. It's Friday and, as usual, if I lose the 34 cents on SPY puts it's because I'm making a much higher % gain across all holdings.
I used to buy UVXY, TVIX or VXX on Friday right before or after the close of trading to provide some insurance over the weekend and its paid off a time of two, but most of the time I take a big hit. I would like to change that up a little and try this Put strategy. What is a reasonable amount of Puts to purchase going into a weekend assuming my trading account is around $150K (well that is what I started the year off with but now its at $139K - what a Looser!!)? 1k, 2k, 5k???

EDIT - Just did some reading and determined I don't know a thing as to what I'm doing here so I need to stick within my comfort range. A small loss on the VIX is about the same as $2000 worth of Puts expiring and I know exactly how they work.
Brewmaster
AG
jarrod1208 said:

Any thoughts on LK? Think it continues to rise or does it level off soon? I've probably missed the bus on it but contemplating grabbing a few.
I think it pulls back early next week. I won't touch it until it drops into the 30's again. It is due to cool off. I loved trading it though...will be back for more

when I get a chance I'll look at fib levels and post back here.
spud1910
AG
BREwmaster said:

jarrod1208 said:

Any thoughts on LK? Think it continues to rise or does it level off soon? I've probably missed the bus on it but contemplating grabbing a few.
I think it pulls back early next week. I won't touch it until it drops into the 30's again. It is due to cool off. I loved trading it though...will be back for more

when I get a chance I'll look at fib levels and post back here.
Yeah, LK calls did well for me this week.
Colt98
AG
What do we think about google here?
EngrAg14
AG
What are predictions for AMD and MSFT earnings coming up?
I think AMD goes up after a stellar christmas season
IrishTxAggie
AG
AMRS calls are lighting up like a Christmas tree. 6/19 $4s
UpstateAg
AG
Sold my beyond hedge to negate shorting losses. Looks like a good swing trade candidate.
UpstateAg
AG
You'd think people would be more discreet with their inside info
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

You'd think people would be more discreet with their inside info
If they were smart, they'd buy the equity when trading insider info. Options just set you up to get popped assuming the SEC actually prosecutes. I have no problem when they do it though. I've done quite well trading off of someone else's insider information. CheddarFlow has paid for itself until I die.
jsap
ROKU is down to $128. Is this a good entry point?
59 South
AG
jsap said:

ROKU is down to $128. Is this a good entry point?
It's at a major pivot point today. I'm waiting for confirmation. Could flush down to test 120 support or reverse back to test downtrend upper band around 140. If it doesn't recover some today back into the 130s, the flush to 120 is more likely. Just my $.02
IrishTxAggie
AG
SRNE $5 coming up again. $130K in two orders
ProgN

Interesting read
oldarmy1
AG
george1992 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Bought some Jan 13 $326 SPY Puts. It's Friday and, as usual, if I lose the 34 cents on SPY puts it's because I'm making a much higher % gain across all holdings.
I used to buy UVXY, TVIX or VXX on Friday right before or after the close of trading to provide some insurance over the weekend and its paid off a time of two, but most of the time I take a big hit. I would like to change that up a little and try this Put strategy. What is a reasonable amount of Puts to purchase going into a weekend assuming my trading account is around $150K (well that is what I started the year off with but now its at $139K - what a Looser!!)? 1k, 2k, 5k???

EDIT - Just did some reading and determined I don't know a thing as to what I'm doing here so I need to stick within my comfort range. A small loss on the VIX is about the same as $2000 worth of Puts expiring and I know exactly how they work.
Risk losing $100 for every $10k in holdings. Do it 4 times a month and you might lose all 4 or 3 but the one you catch generally obliterates the losers and one of the times it will turn into an actual top with mass exit red day making those gold.
aggiedaniel06
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

looks tempting! Are you getting in on it?
UpstateAg
AG
I bought ten. I bought shares of AUPH when this happened last time. Turned out nice.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sold my SPY 1/13 Puts when the SPX hit 3267. 5 minutes from closing if it's under 3270, I'll buy SPY 1/13 Calls
IrishTxAggie
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

looks tempting! Are you getting in on it?
I'm in on them. Along with those SRNE $5s for next week.
oldarmy1
AG
This is where we've hit and then rocketed back up in a bear trap. But we now have hit new lows on the day so it's now or never.

aggiedaniel06
AG
I'm in for 20. Thanks for posting it.

What software/serivce do you use for spotting unusal options volume?
oldarmy1
AG
Also Feb 21 SPXS $13 call at $0.50

Volatility is coming at some point and I think that's enough time to catch a spike.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I use CheddarFlow
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

This is where we've hit and then rocketed back up in a bear trap. But we now have hit new lows on the day so it's now or never.

Up 40% from posting
First Page Last Page
Page 895 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.