Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,121,186 Views | 224620 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by ProgN
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

If you want to play a roller coaster for tomorrow, buy ACRS after-hours.

v
Brewmaster
AG
What's the consensus on a small brokerage acct for options? Robinhood?

I'm just looking to practice options with a small amount of cash. I have Fidelity for the IRA's, but I would guess Robinhood is cheaper.
jmcfar_98
AG
If you have more than $25,000 in your RH account than you won't be limited in the amount of trades you can do in one day. Under $25K is limited to 3 trades per day.
tailgatetimer10
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

If you have more than $25,000 in your RH account than you won't be limited in the amount of trades you can do in one day. Under $25K is limited to 3 trades per day.

3 day trades per 5 trading day period
kylewhitener
tailgatetimer10 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Also, that's a FINRA rule, not a Robinhood rule. That will be a requirement no matter what broker you go with.
tailgatetimer10
AG
True.
IrishTxAggie
AG

SRNE is up 60% PM... He was not uncertain! I love the show Billions!
chubbs07
AG
OA - still thinking FEYE can push towards $20 by end of month? jan31/$20C are cheap after falling into the low $17s this week.
deadbq03
AG
BREwmaster said:

I'm just looking to practice options with a small amount of cash. I have Fidelity for the IRA's, but I would guess Robinhood is cheaper.
You can do a good deal of options transactions from within an IRA... just have to sign a few disclosures with Fidelity. They won't let you do the riskier things like selling a naked call, but if you're just dabbling, you shouldn't do that anyways.

In my ignorant opinion, I do my active trading inside an IRA where I don't have to give a crap about short term capital gains and I do my more-traditional long term trading in my regular brokerage account to hopefully keep taxes at the long term level. Obviously if you want to be risky and trade on margin or do naked options then you'll have to do it the other way around.
oldarmy1
AG
chubbs07 said:

OA - still thinking FEYE can push towards $20 by end of month? jan31/$20C are cheap after falling into the low $17s this week.

I think it sparks back after the stupid analyst comments stopped the move short term.

Hey - I gave away my money on GOOGL. Ouch!
khaos288
AG
kylewhitener said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

Also, that's a FINRA rule, not a Robinhood rule. That will be a requirement no matter what broker you go with.

Tda doesn't enforce it
ebdb_bnb
kylewhitener said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

jmcfar_98 said:

This only applies to margin accounts.
AgShaun00
AG
fidelity is $.65/option
IrishTxAggie
AG
If you're just dipping your toes into options, I would fund a RH account since it's free to trade options until you have an idea of what you're doing. I still use RH for option buys that are under $.5.
59 South
AG
Markets look due for a breather looking at past few months trend. I think a retest of S&P 3250 would be healthy for the short to medium term. If this thing keeps going it enters meltup territory which gives me flashbacks of January 2018.
HoustonAg2014
AG
deadbq03 said:

BREwmaster said:

You can do a good deal of options transactions from within an IRA... just have to sign a few disclosures with Fidelity. They won't let you do the riskier things like selling a naked call, but if you're just dabbling, you shouldn't do that anyways.

In my ignorant opinion, I do my active trading inside an IRA where I don't have to give a crap about short term capital gains and I do my more-traditional long term trading in my regular brokerage account to hopefully keep taxes at the long term level. Obviously if you want to be risky and trade on margin or do naked options then you'll have to do it the other way around.

Best unknown secret for people who don't know a ton about investing. I use my rollover IRA from my last company to trade covered options to avoid the tax issue. I'm more active trading that one for sure since I don't have to worry about any taxes on gains. Covered calls in my retirement is my bread and butter. I stared doing they 3 months ago and saw my retirement rise 30% the last 3 months. Thanks a lot to this forum!

I would start with Robinhood but fidelity is good and if you can get active trader pro, it's awesome. No trade fees for either but fidelity May have a per contract fee although it's small if they do. For learning, you may actually want to try to get active trader pro first and do your options on there. It explains the situations to you for expample (if your stock goes above this price, you keep the premium and appreciation of the stock price up to the strike price). Pretty cool tool that helped me learn.
59 South
AG
Does active trader pro have any mobile capability or is it desktop only?
oldarmy1
AG
covered calls in IRA's. Awesome secret indeed!
oldarmy1
AG
Hope for GOOGL Puts maybe
HoustonAg2014
AG
59 South said:

I want to say yes, but I don't have it. I am glad you asked because I will look into that. Fidelity's app is not as easy to navigate on moble as RH which is the downfall for me if I am out and about and monitoring an options position. I'll do some research in my free time unless someone beats me to it.
AgShaun00
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

59 South said:

I want to say yes, but I don't have it. I am glad you asked because I will look into that. Fidelity's app is not as easy to navigate on moble as RH which is the downfall for me if I am out and about and monitoring an options position. I'll do some research in my free time unless someone beats me to it.
they have an app but it is not the same active trader pro
oldarmy1
AG
2nd week in a row where you could buy JD calls on the drop below big round number $38 last and $39 this and then make gains.
jarrod1208
Any thoughts on LK? Think it continues to rise or does it level off soon? I've probably missed the bus on it but contemplating grabbing a few.
AgShaun00
AG
jarrod1208 said:

Any thoughts on LK? Think it continues to rise or does it level off soon? I've probably missed the bus on it but contemplating grabbing a few.
brew owns it. I bought some option and made about 200% and sold. WIsh I would have bought on the last big dip as it has rocketed since. I am watching closely to see what happends. It moves like ROKU.
J_Landes89
AG
What does covered calls mean?
59 South
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

59 South said:

Same for me. I do options on RH only because of the mobile ease (almost all trades are mobile for me) and they're completely free. Fidelity is slower and harder to use and .65 per contract. All other accounts are Fidelity which is why I ask. Have considered moving to TDA.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

2nd week in a row where you could buy JD calls on the drop below big round number $38 last and $39 this and then make gains.

Yep. Do you think it takes a breather after getting to 40 or explodes? A little consolidation around 40 seems due.
CheladaAg
AG
Anyone like ROKU here? Bouncing off trendline formation.
Ragoo
AG
boyz05 said:

Anyone like ROKU here? Bouncing off trendline formation.
i bought the 130 call on the flash down below 130.
AgShaun00
AG
24k volune on SLV Mar 20 $18
oldarmy1
AG
AgShaun00 said:

24k volune on SLV Mar 20 $18
I think Feb 21 is plenty of time for the move upward coming, but Mar 20 buying more time might make sense
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

12thMan86 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

BYND on a tear
Impossible Foods and MCD ended their agreement. BYND skyrocketing. There's a gap there people!!
This is going to close the gap. It had a 15 point gap from 85-100. Up 7% PM at 89.5
What do you think the short term upside is?
$85.83 is the 50 day SMA. This PM action blew right past it. $100.40 is on deck and can come very fast. It hit $90 PM. I think once it overtakes that, it's off to the races.
CheladaAg
AG
Rumors on a WYNN buyout.
Ranger222
AG
Clearing a lot of my open positions today -- good week, no need to get greedy
oldarmy1
AG
Bought some Jan 13 $326 SPY Puts. It's Friday and, as usual, if I lose the 34 cents on SPY puts it's because I'm making a much higher % gain across all holdings.
First Page Last Page
Page 894 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.