Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,247 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
gig em 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reports that Iran accidentally shot it down. Which would explain how Iran knew it was a technical difficulty without any sort of investigation of the crash.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures only off 5-6.

Gonna make a lot of CLAMS this morning.
oldarmy1
AG
Sold some of the SPY shares bought against the Puts.

See why you need after hours trading? Those Puts would be worth very little when they could be traded again, but you can always buy shares against any stock or market put to lock in a guaranteed profit.

You have a $322 Put and it shot down under $318 you buy the shares then knowing you have a sell to someone at $322. Same on a call. Say you are holding a $322 SPY call and futures had spike to $326. You can short the shares there (whatever target you'd be happy with locking in gains) and have the call to buy them back at $322.

So now shares sold and if markets have some downward movement or another flash intraday I can buy SPY again or just sell the Put. On big up days buy the closest Put expiration a few dollars lower for pennies. I had done that 5 times. 3 expired worthless because we went higher or held serve. 1 made a 62% ROI which offset over 2 of the 3 worthless but then this happened on the 5th scoring a huge ROI.

It happened due to a non market event but who cares. Become aggressive with the strategy when potential trouble is right there for all to see.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Futures are green. If Trump doesn't retaliate, the market is going to roar today.
oldarmy1
AG
Sold my PYPL buys from after hours at $109.50 booking the $3/share. I have that net free forever in most accounts, so just used the panic selling to capitalize. Will let all the calls trade do its thing, only now all the calls are way more than covered.

Thank you market hysteria! Never change.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

BYND on a tear
Impossible Foods and MCD ended their agreement. BYND skyrocketing. There's a gap there people!!
This is going to close the gap. It had a 15 point gap from 85-100. Up 7% PM at 89.5
12thMan86
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

BYND on a tear
Impossible Foods and MCD ended their agreement. BYND skyrocketing. There's a gap there people!!
This is going to close the gap. It had a 15 point gap from 85-100. Up 7% PM at 89.5
I bought 10 75 calls yesterday morning that expire next Friday. I'll probably set up a trailing stop and see how far they can run!
12thMan86
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

BYND on a tear
What do you think the short term upside is?
IrishTxAggie
AG
12thMan86 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

BYND on a tear
What do you think the short term upside is?
$85.83 is the 50 day SMA. This PM action blew right past it. $100.40 is on deck and can come very fast. It hit $90 PM. I think once it overtakes that, it's off to the races.
docaggie
AG
So, a Boeing plane goes down in Iran, on a night when they're striking into Iraq and ready for reprisals. Iranian government immediately says it was a technical failure of the plane, despite it not being a MAX plane and seen going down in flames. And just a bit ago they announced that they will NOT return the black boxes for inspection.

Boeing dropped last night. Given how it's bounced after every drop recently, I wonder if there's enough cloudiness to this situation that it doesn't bounce again.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
IrishTxAggie
AG
docaggie said:

So, a Boeing plane goes down in Iran, on a night when they're striking into Iraq and ready for reprisals. Iranian government immediately says it was a technical failure of the plane, despite it not being a MAX plane and seen going down in flames. And just a bit ago they announced that they will NOT return the black boxes for inspection.

Boeing dropped last night. Given how it's bounced after every drop recently, I wonder if there's enough cloudiness to this situation that it doesn't bounce again.
Should be interesting. There are photos on twitter with what look like artillery punctures on the wings and engines.

I know it seems odd that this person recording it, but he didn't started recording until after the plane was on fire.
Aggie_2463
AG
NIO:

What's the boards opinion on this one? Sitting at $3.14, are we in buy mode on some shares, or let it drop sub $3?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

NIO:

What's the boards opinion on this one? Sitting at $3.14, are we in buy mode on some shares, or let it drop sub $3?
If it loses 2.88, there is a gap to fill back to 2.55
ProgN
Reports this morning is Iran shot it down by accident.
YNWA_AG
AG
Exit strategy for PYPL?
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Exit strategy for PYPL?
$2
Colt98
AG
I started the day with 90c. I now have 30. Sold 60 for .93. I had bought more yesterday to lower my cost down tonin the low .60. Now I'm going to keep the remaining to see if it can push 113
oldarmy1
AG
Bought weekly ROKU $138

Will cut bait if $134.50 hit

Held on volume signature right at exit mark. If returns I'm gone for small loss. Just seeing if the Amazon firew
oldarmy1
AG
Potential start of a red/green reversal for NIO on the daily's
oldarmy1
AG
JD tring to break out.....above all the resistance points right now....will volume flood in and launch it?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lots of JD call going on right now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Reports surfacing that Trump will not seek escalation and will continue economic pressures.
J_Landes89
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

NIO:

I could be wrong, but sub $3.25 I'm buying what I can..

Others have stated there's potential to see $2.55 ish as well, so just enjoying buying the dip!
J_Landes89
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Reports surfacing that Trump will not seek escalation and will continue economic pressures.

GOOD TRUMP
tailgatetimer10
AG
Go figure, the freakouts yesterday appear to be for nothing
GreasenUSA
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought weekly ROKU $138

Will cut bait if $134.50 hit

Held on volume signature right at exit mark. If returns I'm gone for small loss. Just seeing if the Amazon firew
Had my finger on the sell button when it dropped below, but decided to wait for candle close. Looks better now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AMRN 2/21 21C. 1.1MM $1.58/contract

Follow the money.
BT1395
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

AMRN 2/21 21C. 1.1MM $1.58/contract

Follow the money.
Thx - just got in for $1.55/contract
Dobre casy
AG
Looking at a 52 wk chart on AMRN, it had goal post volume mid-Nov and mid-Dec, both red candles on breakout attempts. Curious what the board's analysis on that type of action is?
BenRev09
AG
WORK flashed above 24 earlier and visiting again...
oldarmy1
AG
The way JD moves some of those are too aggressive. That is unless the $40 rocket move occurs
Pignorant
AG
Did you hop in on any of these?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pignorant said:

Did you hop in on any of these?
I will in a little. Waiting on some things to close
TheBiggerEvent
AG
Up to $2.01
J_Landes89
AG
NIO back to $3.50 and moving
First Page Last Page
Page 890 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.