Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,066,112 Views | 224411 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by McInnis 03
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

Just sold $2 covered calls for the rest of my shares with a Jan 17 date for $0.55, if it keep running then I'll take my 40% gain and move on
Great move. Squeeze might continue but for now the volume has dried out to 1/3 and unless it comes back to push it up more and more will start selling to lock in profits. And then there's the people who will watch and if it keeps dropping back to $1.70 sell then.
oldarmy1
AG
Let's watch and see if PTI volume comes in the next 3 minutes. If so then that would be same distance between last two pushes starting.
oldarmy1
AG
Back under $2....see what I mean?
E
AG
Does anyone have any faith in NIO? I've been loading up on puts with their ER coming up on 12/30
HoustonAg_2009
Is OSTK a dead horse? Currently own and looking to tax harvest (Take the loss) if there are no catalysts moving forward. Down approx 50%. Any feedback/thoughts appreciated.
tamu2009
AG
I have a couple of $3 calls into 2022 as a cheap lotto ticket but not much faith to hold the stock, one of my bigger posers this year
ProgN
I don't have a position but I'd sell it and book the loss for tax purposes. You can buy it back after 31 days, probably close to its current price and still own it and book the loss, if you want to. JMO
oldarmy1
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Is OSTK a dead horse? Currently own and looking to tax harvest (Take the loss) if there are no catalysts moving forward. Down approx 50%. Any feedback/thoughts appreciated.
Counting on a bunch of tax loss offsets from people for this year and to begin next (for 2020 cap gain reductions) and get it under $5 for mass buys again.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

Counting on a bunch of tax loss offsets from people for this year and to begin next (for 2020 cap gain reductions) and get it under $5 for mass buys again.

Think I will be one of those taking the loss for tax purposes but will take a look around $5 again
docaggie
AG
Initial news that Boeing is going to be under some kind of governmental review for safety concerns.
Wonder if this will lead to them dropping in price for a bit.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Pignorant said:

If I bought the stock yesterday and sold covered calls, what is the longterm hope/play?
If you sold covered calls the long term play is just let it ride out to expiration and pocket the premium. Crazy move on short cover squeeze going right now.
May try $3 covered calls for PTI (using your technique), got back in this morning. Schwab also loaded the boat this morning, not surprisingly.

the MM's made money shorting this, now going to ride it back up to high 3's or 4+ on news or buyout.

showing strength after hours too!
GreasenUSA
AG
Does anyone know if TD Ameritrade will negotiate on commissions? I'd like to switch. They advertise $.65 per contract, but I get $.50 currently with Etrade.
jbeck3487
AG
Merry Christmas guys! I hope y'all all have a great time and enjoy success when the market opens again.
ProgN
Merry Christmas to my friends on what is becoming my favorite thread. I hope everyone has a safe and prosperous day and new year.

Gig'em
leoj
AG
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Does anyone know if TD Ameritrade will negotiate on commissions? I'd like to switch. They advertise $.65 per contract, but I get $.50 currently with Etrade.

They used to negotiate. Not sure what their policy is since they went zero commission on stocks. Call them. Worst they can do is say no.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Depending on the size of your account and how much you move as a new customer, that could help with your negotiating
oldarmy1
AG
leoj said:

Exactly as we pointed out on "load up" posts.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

Merry Christmas to my friends on what is becoming my favorite thread. I hope everyone has a safe and prosperous day and new year.

Gig'em
not your favorite yet!? j/k bro. Merry Christmas! and Merry Christmas to you all!
spud1910
AG
Merry Christmas to all! Hope you each had a great day today and next year is your best yet.
leoj
AG
Indeed. Saw that and thought of how you nailed that call, plus liked the visual summary in the tweet.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas!
fightintxag13
AG
ROKU is up and running this morning...damn those weekly $141 calls that OA posted about earlier this week are killing it...except I closed those before OA even did. Oh well.
59 South
AG
Patience finally paying on AMZN.
fightintxag13
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on ADBE? I've held some in the past year but got out earlier this year. I just keep watching it rise and wonder how much longer can it go up.
jbeck3487
AG
AAPL just keeps doing its thing
oldarmy1
AG
I like NET for 2020. Good basing coming off it's post-IPO dive. Good products in a growth area.
oldarmy1
AG
Remember OLED in the $70's???
george1992
fightintxag13 said:

I just keep watching it rise and wonder how much longer can it go up.

That's what she said.

The analyst covering this stock.
E
AG
TWLO
oldarmy1
AG
Good grief PTI. $2.65
Pignorant
AG
PTI

tamu2009
AG
Thank you for this merry Christmas present that keeps giving. How much higher can it go?
oldarmy1
AG
tamu2009 said:

Thank you for this merry Christmas present that keeps giving. How much higher can it go?
Obviously the big money thinks the selloff was unfounded so it's going to retrace to a full Model T before consolidation would be my guess. That Model T area is $2.90, so the question becomes will a magnet flash above $3 end this first recovery bounce back???
AgShaun00
AG
I need PTI to get back over 4 where I bought it. unreal run for you guys. Great job.

Tumble Weed
Added some STX today.
First Page Last Page
Page 872 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.