Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,099,849 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

IMO, you'll be ok for the rest of the month but I would sell some first trading day of 2020.
That had been the plan (probably get 33-50% out of the mutual funds as they've been strong this year of course)...thanks!
ProgN
I trade on TDA and love it. Hope Scwab merger doesn't F it up.
CheladaAg
AG
OA or anyone in the know, is JD likely to roll over if tariffs kick in on the 15th? I have a bunch of call positions that expire on the 20th.
Aggie09Derek
AG
UpstateAg said:

I love TD Ameritrade's mobile platform. All of my training is done through them. All of my long-term investments are through Vanguard. Vanguard interface sucks

I love mobile app, but don't ever really trade on the think or swim application for PC.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Premiums are jacked on PTI currently. You sell a $4 Put for $1.80, maybe $190 if patient, which is a net entry of $2.20 or $2.10 if placed. That put it pre-run levels back to 11/26
So this means they're over bought essentially and not worth trying to turn a buck (at least on the options)? I'm trying to look at options to see if I can gauge where the pps is headed.
E
AG
AUPH offering apparently at $15/share per randos on the twitters
UpstateAg
AG
That's a kick to anyone still in.
spud1910
AG
Prognightmare said:

I trade on TDA and love it. Hope Scwab merger doesn't F it up.
I talked to TDA last week and asked about the merger. The person I spoke with said it was about two years away from actually merging, IF it goes through. I thought it was a done deal, but maybe not.
IrishTxAggie
AG
UpstateAg said:

That's a kick to anyone still in.

Actually, it's really not. Thats essentially an ATM offering.
IrishTxAggie
AG
The circus continues. Hopefully they'll take some time out of your busy schedules to pass USMCA
G Money
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Guys I'm now hedged to take 50% of my money out of the markets. 29% already completely removed at this point. We're facing some real banana republic issues in real time and we could see fast acceleration down if it continues.

What in the heck is in that IG report!
OA,

What % of cash/money market are you in on your retirement accounts?

What % overall?

Like many others more than happy with last 12 months of performance and can't help but think that the music will stop sooner rather than later.
leoj
AG
They already got concessions on some things and I saw we were sending people to Mexico. Should be done soon. More concerned about tariffs in a couple weeks.
5C
AG
My gosh... when is DIS going to break out?
oldarmy1
AG
To answer all the questions on %'s out I did what was posted across all accounts. I wasn't trying to time the market and there are several potential positive market igniters on the horizon.

Once the political shenanigans conclude we can expect a quick completion on the USMCA trade agreement. Even though it should have easily been passed the Democrats were holding it back so they can use it as a media event, saying they care....now.

China trade talks continue and December 15th looms as another trigger point on more tariffs. China is not going to be able to play a non-consequence waiting game for 2020 elections. Should any concrete agreement be achieved it would likely give markets another push.

But if we've seen anything it's how madness is dictating our government and with an election year arriving, combined with markets having made incredible runs I chose getting out near current all-time highs as prudent. 50% out is a large chunk but still plenty in the markets, although hedges using SPY puts or covered calls (for more controlled lower profits OR reduced pricing) will be my strategy, except when obvious oversold entries present themselves.
deadbq03
AG
For folks in situations where you can't do SPY puts, check out SPXS for your hedges.
oldarmy1
AG
The Gross Prophet said:

My gosh... when is DIS going to break out?

It hit $145.40 premarket. Hangs around there or flashes below $145 I'd buy the Dec 27 $150 calls.

Only way I'd buy shares is if it was with a hedge (which I posted doing with late buys yesterday).
IrishTxAggie
AG

This announcement completely flipped futures. Went from -10 to +6.5 as of now
oldarmy1
AG
Well there's your first bounce opportunity.
oldarmy1
AG
APPL reversal to a breakout would be sweet. Would clean up one of my only two last open call option trades.

Would be nice for ZS to show yesterdays reversal candle some confirmation with a move above $48 early as well.
IrishTxAggie
AG

All trade deals today
ProgN
NFLX downgraded
oldarmy1
AG
SFIX good earnings yesterday.
YNWA_AG
AG
Will this move CX back up at all.
IrishTxAggie
AG
YNWA_AG said:

That's an OA question. I'm not in on CX
gig em 02
MDB and AUPH off to a good start
oldarmy1
AG
DIS hit $145.05 for you $145 target people. Pretty large volume support came in
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

YNWA_AG said:

That's an OA question. I'm not in on CX
I would think it might not be instant but after the new year. You get a lot of portfolio cleaning from stagnant holdings into the end of year.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Such an odd trading day on the good trade news.

AUPH looking great
E
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

AUPH 12/20 $17C. $45k .47/contract
Thank you for mentioning this when it happened!!!!

Irish "Follow the money" TxAggie
oldarmy1
AG
JD dropped to $32.85 premarket (I tried to buy when seeing that and no fills) and jumped back premarket to close to yesterdays highs.

It is treading water right now but that strength of recovery and every minute it maintains the bounce back becomes more likely we see continuation of yesterday's breakout. Sucks for market timing, as if it had broken out last week it would have clear sailing - but maybe that's not what big money wants - because if you know how JD moves it's been very controlled trend upward.
IrishTxAggie
AG
DIS looking like it may finally want to cooperate.

And of course it sells off a bit as I post this
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

DIS looking like it may finally want to cooperate.
That $145 target was a solid target. I really wanted a red market day to get a flash down towards that $142.50 because then you get an immediate $2.50 gain when it recaptured support band. Oh well.
oldarmy1
AG
JD trend move alert
jsap
OA, are you still bullish on DBX?
59 South
AG
AMZN held 1740 once again
First Page Last Page
Page 852 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.