Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,149 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by ProgN
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NIO wanting to form a cup on the daily
oldarmy1
AG
S&P with larger H&S (note right shoulder typically accelerates quicker than the left side build. Then we have formed a second smaller H&S around support intraday.

oldarmy1
AG
TEAM hit $131 and what is our rule when you get a runner spike up the same day you enter an option with a way out expiration date???
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TEAM hit $131 and what is our rule when you get a runner spike up the same day you enter an option with a way out expiration date???

Sell part and get net free?
oldarmy1
AG
khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Sell part and get net free?
Youi want to sell 100% when you get a spike taking you that close to your strike price on same or next day. That's called having the analytics really zeroed in combined with some market assist luck.
oldarmy1
AG
Rejection of the small H&S on S&P. Come on rally let's keep going so we get follow through on JD, DIS and ZS
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Rejection of the small H&S on S&P. Come on rally let's keep going so we get follow through on JD, DIS and ZS
Rut roh

Tested head of smaller H&S and ripped down. Time for TVIX
E
AG
Bullish on 12/27 CSCO calls?
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Bullish on 12/27 CSCO calls?
Good times for entry. Any drop is consolidation in the macro markets. Some stocks will halt rise and others pullback. While some will use a pullback to spike upwards catching people off guard......looking at you JD. You gave us a technical breakout. This isn't the move we've been looking for here!
E
AG
looks like DIS $160 coming back down to buy levels
oldarmy1
AG
3135 is our key number as mentioned and we literally bounced right off of it confirming the accuracy of the algorithm. We've got this sucker dialed in again!
oldarmy1
AG
Buying some ONTX as high risk high reward penny stock. Only willing to hold it for 3 days and if no pop I'm out.

Don't pay more than $0.1312
ProgN
Look at the volume on AUPH. That's a good sign.
oldarmy1
AG
You guys crack me up! Who created these volume spikes of 200k plus shares? I am but one and one half of those minute volume spikes
EngrAg14
AG
Looks like MSFT set itself up to jump again going into AH.
YNWA_AG
AG
What kind of alert got you to look at this stock?
oldarmy1
AG
My screening software sent an alert that volume was "goal-posting". Here is what that looks like.

It's a 3 day trigger where complete failure has occurred and it then can find where the buying support is coming in. I give these 3 days to make a bounce move. If it can bounce to 24 cents I get my money back out and then forget about it, using an alert at $0.50
oldarmy1
AG
ZS market makers fishing with hidden bids. They do it with less than 100 share size so it won't register on the ticker. I like throwing 50 shares out at a number also hidden to see if we have some fishing going on. I got 35 of them filled at $51.99. So now he knows there is no worried holder of shares from closing $51.60-$52 and many times this is where you'll see tomorrow open.
bullard21k
AG
I'm looking to invest around 10-25k into amazon.

Does anyone foresee when might be the best time to buy in (wait for early next year/end of year etc)?

We think any of these court hearings possibly affect things?
one MEEN Ag
AG
bullard21k said:

I'm looking to put around 10-25k into amazon.

Does anyone foresee when might be the best time to buy in (wait for early next year/end of year etc)?
You're asking day traders for the best time for a buy and hold strategy. They'll say there's going to be 10 different entry and exit points between now and then.

My only slightly informed opinion/amazon stock holder is this:
-AWS has been the backbone of their growth and the majorly profitable arm of their company, but Microsoft's Azure is quickly offering hosting options AWS doesn't (fully localized server with the same suite of cloud features, this is a big plus for sensitive data).
-While their base delivery business always reinvests for market share over profitability, I just don't see how anyone beats Amazon as a marketplace.
-Their stock has been failing to push through the 2000 mark
-They might win a lawsuit over the $10 billion contract given to Microsoft over Amazon.

Any investment in them now would just be to bet that Amazon is going to dominate in whatever new market they enter or electronic they make. I personally don't think anyone can outwork Amazon, but I'm not sure that their stock has more upside than say Microsoft over the next year.

I am not an financial advisor, nor do I play one on TV.
bullard21k
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

bullard21k said:

I'm looking to put around 10-25k into amazon.

You're asking day traders for the best time for a buy and hold strategy. They'll say there's going to be 10 different entry and exit points between now and then.

My only slightly informed opinion/amazon stock holder is this:
-AWS has been the backbone of their growth and the majorly profitable arm of their company, but Microsoft's Azure is quickly offering hosting options AWS doesn't (fully localized server with the same suite of cloud features, this is a big plus for sensitive data).
-While their base delivery business always reinvests for market share over profitability, I just don't see how anyone beats Amazon as a marketplace.
-Their stock has been failing to push through the 2000 mark
-They might win a lawsuit over the $10 billion contract given to Microsoft over Amazon.

Any investment in them now would just be to bet that Amazon is going to dominate in whatever new market they enter or electronic they make. I personally don't think anyone can outwork Amazon, but I'm not sure that their stock has more upside than say Microsoft over the next year.

Lol understood I just meant more along the lines the lawsuit. I know I'll get varying opinions.

I'm sure my finical advisor will have an opinion when I call her just curious our threads thoughts. Got lots of bright people on here
leoj
AG
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Buying some ONTX as high risk high reward penny stock. Only willing to hold it for 3 days and if no pop I'm out.

Don't pay more than $0.1312
Interesting, they are also presenting at ASH conference (Dec. 7-10). I'm long SNSS, another name that is presenting there - oh my, up almost 9% after hours, whoop!
ProgN
bullard21k said:

If you're looking to "invest" in AMZN then when you buy it really doesn't matter because your holding time horizon is long term vs a trade. My personal opinion is to buy it in increments, say 25-33% of the total you want to invest. There's a lot of call activity in the dec/jan 1850-1900 going on right now so many are expecting a run. The lawsuit is a non-factor IMO, win or lose. 10 B to AMZN is like $10 to you and me in the grand scheme of things. Some are expecting a Christmas rally but I'm in the camp that the Santa Claus rally started in October and is closer to being over than beginning. The Fed isn't going to cut or raise rates for the foreseeable future so that's a positive. If Warren get's the dem nom then all stocks will fall considerably but AMZN, GOOG, FB, etc. are in her crosshairs for possible breaking them up. Her ascension to the Presidency would be catastrophic for markets and 401Ks. Trump doesn't like Bezos, but he's not talking about breaking AMZN up or taxing the hell out of it either. I hope some of this helps, JMO.
ProgN
one MEEN Ag said:

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

bullard21k said:

If you're looking to "invest" in AMZN then when you buy it really doesn't matter because your holding time horizon is long term vs a trade. My personal opinion is to buy it in increments, say 25-33% of the total you want to invest. There's a lot of call activity in the dec/jan 1850-1900 going on right now so many are expecting a run. The lawsuit is a non-factor IMO, win or lose. 10 B to AMZN is like $10 to you and me in the grand scheme of things. Some are expecting a Christmas rally but I'm in the camp that the Santa Claus rally started in October and is closer to being over than beginning. The Fed isn't going to cut or raise rates for the foreseeable future so that's a positive. If Warren get's the dem nom then all stocks will fall considerably but AMZN, GOOG, FB, etc. are in her crosshairs for possible breaking them up. Her ascension to the Presidency would be catastrophic for markets and 401Ks. Trump doesn't like Bezos, but he's not talking about breaking AMZN up or taxing the hell out of it either. I hope some of this helps, JMO.

Any thoughts of going cash in the 401k during the election? Seems crazy, but the small gains vs huge losses seem crazy too
ProgN
I'd start peeling out of things beginning now to Q1, then some in Q2. I'd watch the dem primaries closely because Warren or Sanders will be horrible for the markets. The big money will be moving way before the election. I've read some articles that have spoken to some wall street whales and they are targeting Q1 to start locking in some gains and raising cash.
oldarmy1
AG
Our little ONTX has decent interest after hours and all of our buys are below ending price. See if she gives a snap back move tomorrow. If you have premarket trading be ready or place your orders now to capture any action.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Our little ONTX has decent interest after hours and all of our buys are below ending price. See if she gives a snap back move tomorrow. If you have premarket trading be ready or place your orders now to capture any action.
Target buy still 0.1312?
leoj
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

One of our bio darlings that we haven't discussed in awhile; AUPH just had $560K dropped on the 1/20 $7 calls. $1.35 paid. I suspect their readout that they're bringing to the FDA got leaked.

$2.88 now
jbeck3487
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'd start peeling out of things beginning now to Q1, then some in Q2. I'd watch the dem primaries closely because Warren or Sanders will be horrible for the markets. The big money will be moving way before the election. I've read some articles that have spoken to some wall street whales and they are targeting Q1 to start locking in some gains and raising cash.

With this in mind, should I wait to make my IRA contribution? I usually make the full contribution in January every year.
Ragoo
AG
Amazon over 1800, ROKU over 166, DIS over 160 please
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

Trying to pay off the new house early?
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Ragoo said:

Trying to pay off the new house early?
ProgN
You can make the contribution and leave it in cash but I'd be leery of committing at these levels when the likelihood of better prices have a good chance of being available within the next 6 months. JMO
First Page Last Page
Page 827 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.