Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,056 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Out of all DIS. Going to be major profit taking into the close IMO. Lots of OI on the options and 7.4% on a blue blood stock is hard to just let ride.
oldarmy1
AG
I see you guys!

oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Out of all DIS. Going to be major profit taking into the close IMO. Lots of OI on the options and 7.4% on a blue blood stock is hard to just let ride.
I hope it drops to $147 area. If it does I'm grabbing the weekly $148's
YNWA_AG
AG
Stop creeping on me
AgShaun00
AG
just bought 10 of the sq
tailgatetimer10
AG
I sold my dis stock as well with this upswing. Pretty sure I'll have opportunity to get back in at a much lower price.
leoj
AG
I would love to get a bull flag going and jump into some Jan $160-$170 calls.
leoj
AG
Also, has there been a stronger gap fill than Roku this week? Took it out like nothing.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU closing above $142 bodes well for tomorrow. $145 on deck
oldarmy1
AG
I'd think we would see a flash up tomorrow on DIS to above $152 tomorrow.
IrishTxAggie
AG
CSCO calls are worthless in the morning
oldarmy1
AG
Fund managers are buying DIS and it could rocket to $170+ on their insatiable appetite. 900% was good enough for me on trading shares. 401k's should just continue averaging in and get 20%+ yearly.

Have a bunch in everyone's 401k's and SEP's up 36% on the year.
docaggie
AG
Apparently Bloomberg is reporting that $TMO is looking into acquiring $QGEN.
Both were up into the close.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

up another 70 cents after hours!
La Bamba
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

La Bamba said:

PTON with good top line numbers and sub growth this morning. Shares were up 5% in PM but has flushed a bit recently. One to keep on radar. Short percentage is huge here (65%) and could potentially squeeze up hard if consolidates around the 25s.
I'd wait until the lock-up period ends before considering this one. 84MM new shares will be available for trade.
PTON with news out today following really strong quarterly results. Broke 26 level. Really nice trend right now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
La Bamba said:

IrishTxAggie said:

La Bamba said:

PTON with good top line numbers and sub growth this morning. Shares were up 5% in PM but has flushed a bit recently. One to keep on radar. Short percentage is huge here (65%) and could potentially squeeze up hard if consolidates around the 25s.
I'd wait until the lock-up period ends before considering this one. 84MM new shares will be available for trade.
PTON with news out today following really strong quarterly results. Broke 26 level. Really nice trend right now.
If you like PTON, go right ahead. But they've got an uphill battle IMO and we saw that this year was the year of overvalued IPOs. They're still trading under their IPO and the lockup hasn't come into play yet. I see them being in a situation of being the first one up, but not the last man standing. Competition out the wazoo for them.
IrishTxAggie
AG
BREwmaster said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Hope it goes to $170 for those of y'all still holding! When I'm up almost 1000% on options, I don't see the need to be greedy.
Colt98
AG
What a day!
E
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

BREwmaster said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Hope it goes to $170 for those of y'all still holding! When I'm up almost 1000% on options, I don't see the need to be greedy.
Sounds like Irish is buying drinks tonight!
IrishTxAggie
AG
E said:

IrishTxAggie said:

BREwmaster said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Sounds like Irish is buying drinks tonight!
No habla...
Talon2DSO
AG
jayelbee said:

I was able to grab 30 calls on DIS 140 yesterday at 0.55. I guess my tax bill is going up for 2019.

I wish I would have re-entered on roku last week on the disappointing earnings. Can't win them all I guess.

How much a move is this?
leoj
AG
They were up 1,430% and closed at $8.73. Congrats man
Talon2DSO
AG
leoj said:

I'm trying to learn how this works. I wasnt the one that made the purchase I can't remember which person did this.

But am I understanding this correctly:

He bought an option for 30 shares at .55 when the stock was 140.00. The stock is now 148 and change so the $8 and change is what he "gains"?
khaos288
AG
Talon2DSO said:

leoj said:

I'm trying to learn how this works. I wasnt the one that made the purchase I can't remember which person did this.

He bought an option for 30 shares at .55 when the stock was 140.00. The stock is now 148 and change so the $8 and change is what he "gains"?
Options are a contract to buy/sell 100 shares of the stock.

He bought 30 options for 55 dollars (.55x100)

Today they closed around 900$ (9.00x100)

he spent 1650, and could have sold for 27000
leoj
AG
Talon2DSO said:

leoj said:

Oh I know, was saying congrats to jayelbee.

No, he bought 30 call options expiring Friday at a strike of $140 for a .55 premium, or $55 total per option since an option controls 100 shares.
Ragoo
AG
Talon2DSO said:

leoj said:

he bought the option to buy the stock at 140 is the stock is at or above 140 at time of expiration. Option pricing is based on time, volatility, delta from current price. So when purchase the stock was well below 140 with only a couple of days until expiration so the options were cheap. The probability was low based on typical price action that the stock would jump.

Then the price jumped. So then the value is current price minus 140 times option contract time 100 shares per contract.

Do the math.
Shiner Bock
AG
Completely subjective, but my fb feed is full of 30-50 year olds obsessed with Dis+. One guy is staying at home from work tomorrow to binge watch duck tales (really?!), and my non tech wife told me as soon as I walked in the door that we need Dis+
ProgN
That's why the 10+ Million number is so huge. Word of mouth will triple that figure, probably by Christmas. I've told 5 friends today and all 5 signed up when I wouldn't shut up about it.

ETA: And that's not even taken into account international subs that will happen. Disney is going to offer shows in native languages in individual countries.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

That's why the 10+ Million number is so huge. Word of mouth will triple that figure, probably by Christmas. I've told 5 friends today and all 5 signed up when I wouldn't shut up about it.

I made a few bucks chaining 140, 145, 150, and I have a few 152.5 calls left. I also have a bunch of dis in my 401k. Been a fun week.
Talon2DSO
AG
Prognightmare said:

We definitely signed up especially since Hulu and ESPN+ is now part of the deal. One subscription price for a whole lotta content
ProgN
Agreed, I'm with Irish and believe this will hurt NFLX long term. This is also wonderful news for ROKU because Disney + will power more ROKU sales. I expect ROKU to kill it this Christmas.

ETA: kill their sales and earnings I mean.
ProgN
I suspect a lot of money can be had by trading options by buying calls on any dip. The volume was just overwhelming today. The whales are swimming with this one now.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

I suspect a lot of money can be had by trading options by buying calls on any dip. The volume was just overwhelming today. The whales are swimming with this one now.

Yeah, I shamelessly follow an options trading service. I was trying to do all the DD myself for things and follow volume, but I just wasn't great at it.

The guy I follow has a really well defined strategy, and alerts on how things fit into it. I just play the conservative stuff, and then the occasional lotto if I have profit from the day.

It's been working out way better for me.
gig em 02
Now imagine the revenue when the next Avengers End Game comes out and they offer it on Dis+ For an additional rental fee a week before it's in theaters. I would've paid $20 to watch it at home and not have to deal with the theater.
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

Agreed, I'm with Irish and believe this will hurt NFLX long term. This is also wonderful news for ROKU because Disney + will power more ROKU sales. I expect ROKU to kill it this Christmas.

ETA: kill their sales and earnings I mean.

Maybe so but I don't know anyone that uses one and I've never even seen one. Maybe this is a catalyst, It just doesn't pass the eye test for me right now.
First Page Last Page
Page 808 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.