Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,780 Views | 224601 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Spoony Love
jbeck3487
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I made out pretty well with manics TSLA suggestion. It seems like a lot of their picks hit.
tramaro1
AG
Lol I know you were. This forum is a great learning tool though
ProgN
Does anyone else get the feeling the market is getting a little frothy and setting a trap for the longs before a sell off? Some things I look at are showing signs of a possible pullback. I'd like the board's thoughts.
Wrighty
AG
Prognightmare said:

Does anyone else get the feeling the market is getting a little frothy and setting a trap for the longs before a sell off? Some things I look at are showing signs of a possible pullback. I'd like the board's thoughts.
People have been saying that for 9 years now. Thats not an exaggeration.
Harkrider 93
AG
Think old army said 3250 a few pages back. Economic numbers trending back to growth.
ProgN
Pullback, not a crash. I'm implying a 3-5% pullback. That's of importance for trading options and high beta stocks
IrishTxAggie
AG
Futures green slightly for now
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

Pullback, not a crash. I'm implying a 3-5% pullback. That's of importance for trading options and high beta stocks

Nancy Pelosi could come out today and say they have found no impeachable offense and are dropping the impeachment inquiry and the market would rip through the New Year.

China and Trump could sign the deal and the market would rip.

Fed could drop interest rates to 0.

It's such an interesting time to watch how the news affects the market with broad access to the market and the ease of the general public to buy and sell stocks. I wonder how much historical technical indicators can really predict moving forward.
ProgN
My observations combined with Warren Buffet sitting on 128 billion in cash just gives me pause.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

My observations combined with Warren Buffet sitting on 128 billion in cash just gives me pause.

I'd be more concerned if buffet was giving that cash back to his investors. That would be news and a sign that he cannot find investible assets.
ProgN
He's waiting on something.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU placed on short sale restriction list.
jj9000
AG
Prognightmare said:

This looks huge, but it's relative.

It's similar to you and I sitting on $18.
IrishTxAggie
AG
jj9000 said:

Prognightmare said:

I wouldn't consider that relative considering the holdings that Berkshire-Hathaway has. Buffett is looking for a deal. That's how he's always been. I'm guessing he just thinks everything is overpriced right now.
deadbq03
AG
jj9000 said:

Prognightmare said:

The relative number we're discussing here is 60%...
tailgatetimer10
AG
Well that's interesting
gougler08
AG
Even with the miss, HEAR bounced right off that 8.50 or so support line from that end of August timeframe so still within the Darvis box
khkman22
AG
Closed my remaining ROKU 11/15 calls at 100%. Figured I'd take that since I'm about to get on the road and not be able to check it
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

Sorry not disagreeing with you, I just think this will be an interesting time to look back on. A lot of "non-technical" issues driving this market for a couple years now.
jj9000
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

jj9000 said:

Prognightmare said:

I wouldn't consider that relative considering the holdings that Berkshire-Hathaway has. Buffett is looking for a deal. That's how he's always been. I'm guessing he just thinks everything is overpriced right now.
I initially read this as $128M in cash (not B), which is why my post about being relative appears.

$128M in cash would be just another day at the office.

$128B is considerable.

BT1395
AG
Just a quick note to say THANKS to OA (again!).

Followed his recipe on DIS calls and made 133% in 8 days - even with me taking some money off the table earlier this week after an initial pop. They crushed earnings yesterday after the bell and the call options flew through the roof. I'm fully out now and happy as a pig in mud.

Happy to hand a bottle of whiskey to The Man whenever possible. Will donate a chunk to the charity my daughter started as well (www.rebeccaswish.org).

THANKS again, OA!
ProgN
Trump just said he didn't agree to rollback tariffs with China yet.
gougler08
AG
Well hi there ROKU
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

Well hi there ROKU
Needs to rip through soon.
claym711
AG
Prognightmare said:

Has been the case at every new high for the past 2 years, but now we have rate cuts and QE re-enacted, so I'm skeptical.
george1992
I wouldn't be surprised to see some afternoon profit taking. Purchased some insurance although my losses on TVIX are adding up this year. Need to rethink my hedging and learn how to trade options.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Guess I'm just going to hold onto my OSTK stock at this point. I initially bought in at 18 and then sold at 22. But then I bought back in around 16 or so. Might as well hold on for the long term and hope it bounces back at some point.
gougler08
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Guess I'm just going to hold onto my OSTK stock at this point. I initially bought in at 18 and then sold at 22. But then I bought back in around 16 or so. Might as well hold on for the long term and hope it bounces back at some point.
Earnings early next week...should be interesting
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I'm not expecting great news. I don't have a ton invested in it, so I'll just hold it for the long term I guess. Surely it won't go belly up (famous last words).
SECAg13
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I'm in the same boat. If they get the digital dividend figured out there should be another squeeze like a couple of months ago correct?
mavsfan4ever
AG
That's what I'm hoping. Of course, if it keep falling like it has been, a big squeeze may just get us back to $11 or so.
Talon2DSO
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Learning options tends to be an expensive life lesson for some....me...it was an expensive life lesson for me...

My wife is a financial advisor so she gave me $5000 to play with while she handles the rest. I get no advice from her since she wants me to learn some lessons on my own. I just get the occasional "well alright then" when she sees me make a purchase. Thankfully, she still has the training wheels on and hasnt given me access to the options trading. I'm still just buying and selling the old fashioned way so its forcing me to do more research into the company I'm looking at.

I tell you what, this thread has been enormously helpful at learning things.
Ragoo
AG
You got married????
ProgN
Ragoo said:

You got married????
ETA: sorry, that just made me lol in real life.
Talon2DSO
AG
Ragoo said:

You got married????

Yessir, like most middle aged lawyers, shes much younger than me. Got married in Sept
First Page Last Page
Page 801 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.