Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,032 Views | 224468 Replies | Last: 51 min ago by Ag CPA
tramaro1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leoj said:

For the record, just posted that as related info, not trying to criticize anyone's trading in here. Just want to be clear.

Yep no worries, that is the way I took it.
oldarmy1
AG
Colt98 said:

So how much premium burn do you think hits DIS in the morning. I sold half of my options into close. I have 135's and 150's??? And for some reason I am unable to trade after hours with td. Thought I had arranged that, so I'm watching the show.
You'll have about a 10% call side premium but the further above the money line the faster that dissipates, so factor that in as you see if it continues running up in the morning and determine if you should set a sale at the open or hold on.
Agswinning
Oh wow. ROKU on sale
IrishTxAggie
AG
BREwmaster said:

AgShaun00 said:

Here goes DIS
6,428 Nov(8) 142 calls opened for $0.34. $224K premium paid. 557 OI

Hope y'all took advantage of these. Could be worth quite a mint at opening. DIS currently at 140.5 and still moving.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Since I'm a noobie I only bought 5

IrishTxAggie
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Since I'm a noobie I only bought 5

Nothing wrong with that. Getting your feet wet while learning. Just don't get too greedy. I learned that the hard way...
ProgN
Big Money appears to think DIS takes out its high in short order, what do you think?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Big Money appears to think DIS takes out its high in short order, what do you think?
I think 147 is in play tomorrow. That would be a ~10% day for DIS. Kind of bummed they didn't offer up any pre-registration numbers though.
YNWA_AG
AG
Wish I kept some of my 135s 11/15 as well. Profit is profit though
tailgatetimer10
AG
If this one works out,I think I'll finally be more positive in options trading than negative. I understand how it works completely but struggle to find the correct opportunities on my own
AgShaun00
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Wish I kept some of my 135s 11/15. Profit is profit though
yep. it is gambling playing earnings, but also smart to follow the money at times. My options lately have been tough so I took the 40% in one day with pleasure.
EngrAg14
AG
Prognightmare said:

Why not, the big cost of Dis+ was covered last earnings call and its already showing they can profit off it.
It's only gonna go up, think it level out around 2nd quarter earnings next year. So DIS beats earnings 1Q and 2Q 2020.
ProgN
It's probably better they didn't. Market/stocks trade higher on speculation and like to sell the news. They had a blowout qtr and people speculating on subscribers could take it to 150. That's what I banked on with the 1/17 $150c I bought yesterday
gougler08
AG
Bought a few of the 140 weeklies, that should play well tomorrow
SW AG80
AG
What happened to HEAR? It is down big AH.
mrad85
AG
SW AG80 said:

I'm not sure if I'll ever touch HEAR again. They are NOT to be trusted.
ProgN
SW AG80 said:

Quote:

Turtle Beach Reports Third Quarter 2019 Results

PR Newswire

SAN DIEGO, Nov. 7, 2019

SAN DIEGO, Nov. 7, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Turtle Beach Corporation (Nasdaq: HEAR), a leading gaming audio and accessory brand, reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019.

Third Quarter Summary vs. Year-Ago Quarter:

-- Net revenue was $46.7 million ($47.1 million in constant currency) versus

$74.4 million;

-- Net loss of $3.1 million, or $(0.22) per share, compared to net income of

$14.9 million, or $0.91 per share; and

-- Adjusted EBITDA was $0.3 million compared to $17.6 million.

"As was the case in the first half of the year, our results for the third quarter tracked closely to our expectations, with revenue stronger than any other third quarter outside of last year," said Juergen Stark, CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation. "This confirms that many new gamers remain in the market and are joining the headset replacement cycle. We are also pleased with the progress we are making in the PC accessories business, with ROCCAT's gaming mice, keyboards and headsets supplementing our own Atlas line of PC headsets, which we began a year ago.

"Looking forward, we remain uniquely positioned to capitalize on the continued growth in video gaming around the globe, as consumers increasingly rely on our headsets and accessories to enhance their gameplay and improve the entertainment experience."

Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results

Net revenue in the third quarter of 2019 was $46.7 million compared to $74.4 million in the year-ago quarter. While consumer demand remains above historic levels, this decrease was the result of the expected decline in demand from the record levels in the prior year driven by new headset users buying their first headset for Battle Royale games. On a constant currency basis, revenue in the third quarter of 2019 was $47.1 million.
SW AG80
AG
Thanks,I guess.
gougler08
AG
SW AG80 said:

Snuck in earnings apparently...ouch
IrishTxAggie
AG
SW AG80 said:

HEAR is a dog turd. Lost my ass on it. I'd suggest everyone stop trying to play this one. If I see something on Cheddar Flow that says otherwise, I'll let y'all know.
SW AG80
AG
I was up $9,000 at one time and got greedy. Then forgot about its Q report coming up. Oops! My screw up.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
so I didn't average down my PYX position, but I did FOMO into a $10 11/15 call this afternoon which was down like 1/3 by close. Looks like it is going to work out though. Anybody else?
gougler08
AG
SW AG80 said:

I was up $9,000 at one time and got greedy. Then forgot about its Q report coming up. Oops! My screw up.

I should have sold up at $12...cost base is $9 so not the end of the world but I got greedy and was hoping to fill that big gap. Oh well
IrishTxAggie
AG
Careful to y'all that are playing X options
leoj
AG
Yeah, been staying away since those last puts we were all in. Pretty obvious the downtrend is over.

If DIS can make it to the mid 140s tomorrow, that would be great..
ProgN
leoj said:

Yeah, been staying away since those last puts we were all in. Pretty obvious the downtrend is over.

If DIS can make it to the mid 140s tomorrow, that would be great..
To beat by that much on eps with that many shares outstanding is an incredible qtr. If it gets upgrades and/or price target raises, it will probably happen.
Brewmaster
AG
mrad85 said:

SW AG80 said:

Great way to put it! I luckily got out around $12, it was crazy how much it would bounce around
Talon2DSO
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

If this one works out,I think I'll finally be more positive in options trading than negative. I understand how it works completely but struggle to find the correct opportunities on my own

You're way ahead of me. I just started buying stocks a few weeks ago. Never had the resources until recently. I've not got into options trading.
ProgN
Honestly, don't until you are very familiar with trading stocks and paper trade options and monitor/log your successes and failures. JMO

ETA; Options are very unmerciful demons.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Basic stock trading is super addicting. It can be a lot of fun when things are going well.

The last few years have been pretty amazing in general though.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Learning options tends to be an expensive life lesson for some....me...it was an expensive life lesson for me...
docaggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Learning options tends to be an expensive life lesson for some....me...it was expensive to life lesson for me...
Man, ain't that the truth.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
khkman22
AG
tramaro1 said:

Yes I do, no expert still learning.
I was just messing with you. Just realized today what they were myself. Well, the percentages at least. Still don't know why those numbers are important though. If I were smart I would have bought puts when Irish mentioned it needing to hold $124.50.
AgShaun00
AG
BREwmaster said:

mrad85 said:

SW AG80 said:

Great way to put it! I luckily got out around $12, it was crazy how much it would bounce around
I got out a few days ago with about 16% profit but should have when it was 30%
aggiedaniel06
AG
For all of you who at least broke even on HEAR consider yourselves lucky. I aggressively traded covered calls and puts multiple times to finally grind out of my stock position for a small loss a few weeks ago.

Last time I go with an unknown stock recommendation from Texags! Wait, who am I kidding...
First Page Last Page
Page 800 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.