Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,010,460 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

gougler08 said:

Down big right out the gate
Same **** as last time. It beat EPS and Revenue. I wouldn't doubt if it opens positive. This thing is so freaking volatile.
Yep...guess we'll see how the call/guidance goes in a little bit
SoTXAg09
AG
Thought about puts as a hedge but decided against it, so did an iron condor instead to take advantage of volatility. Whoops.
leoj
AG
Seeing tweets that they revised fy2019 ebitda downwards?
docaggie
AG
CNBC said they raised their guidance as well as best on every parameter.
I'm buying more as it's dropping. I bought the last drop to 105, so I'll add more. They've done nothing but beat every quarter and have deals in place for Apple and Disney. So, I'm long here.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
I'm in court so someone please post the news on ROKU. TIA
gougler08
AG
Here's the CNBC article...not real sure why it's dropping

Quote:

Here's what the company reported, compared with what Wall Street expected, based on a survey of analysts by Refinitiv:
  • Adjusted loss per share: 22 cents
  • Revenue: $261 million vs $256.9 million, according to Refinitiv consensus estimates

Analyst surveyed by Refinitiv had expected an adjusted loss per share of 28 cents. It was not immediately clear whether the reported loss and expected loss were comparable.
The company reported 32.3 million active accounts, up from 30.5 million during the previous quarter, and an average revenue per user of $22.58 compared to the previous quarter's metric of $21.06.
The company raised guidance and now expects to bring in $1.11 billion in revenue, at the midpoint of a projected range, for the full year of 2019. That falls right in line with analyst expectations.
Roku expects its recent acquisition of Dataxu to drive revenue growth throughout Q4. Roku bought ad tech company Dataxu in October for $150 million. Dataxu allows marketers to plan and buy video ad campaigns.

Roku doesn't charge subscription fees, but instead focuses on the advertising revenue it earns from partnerships. The company's platform revenue for Q3 increased by 79% from the year ago period, to $179.3 million.
Roku's hardware device revenue increased 11% from Q3 2018 to $81.6 million.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm in court so someone please post the news on ROKU. TIA
dropped 20 bucks, this is insanity. Wasn't even a miss. Max pain is still 140. I bet it regains half pretty quick.
docaggie
AG
So, is it some sort of rule you can't do extended hours trading in a retirement account? Can't buy more ROKU until market open in that account.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
Thank you!

I suspect it's dropping due to saying they'll hit the middle of guidance next year. They may have missed the whisper number but that qtr and guidance is strong. It's a buy and will not be down long. IMO
george1992
You have to make sure you use a limit order and to fill after hours. Not sure which platform you are on. Just search it as to how to make a trade after hours and it should let you.
Brewmaster
AG
docaggie said:

So, is it some sort of rule you can't do extended hours trading in a retirement account? Can't buy more ROKU until market open in that account.
For our accounts I had to call Fidelity, then they read me the disclaimer and added "extended hours trading" to my account. and yes, great time to buy ROKU!
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

docaggie said:

For our accounts I had to call Fidelity, then they read me the disclaimer and added "extended hours trading" to my account. and yes, great time to buy ROKU!
Quote:

Roku Sees Q4 Sales $380M-$396M vs $386.57M Est., Sees FY19 Sales $1.098B-$1.13B vs $1.10B Est.

Benzinga
Here's why it's down but it won't stay down very long, IMO.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

BREwmaster said:

docaggie said:

Roku Sees Q4 Sales $380M-$396M vs $386.57M Est., Sees FY19 Sales $1.098B-$1.13B vs $1.10B Est.

Benzinga

Here's why it's down but it won't stay down very long, IMO.
good find... yeah like 30 seconds into the call, massive algorithmic dump. This looked orchestrated, yes I know, I need my tin foil hat.
johnson2012
AG
docaggie said:

I can do extended in my IRA at TD. Just adjust the expiration when placing the order.

ETA: just as brew said, I had to request it. Did it during account set up and it was available by the Time I funded.
gougler08
AG
Looks like we are gapping up again today
ProgN
Dow futures jump 100 points after China and US agree to remove existing tariffs

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/07/stock-markets-wall-street-in-focus-amid-us-china-trade-deal-hopes.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Keep your trays in their upright and locked positions and prepare to take off.

ETA: I can't wait until mt twitter account comes off suspension. I wanted to tweet this article out.
gougler08
AG
Seems like it's in phases so I'm sure there will be 1-2 announcements that a party is backing off, but seems promising
oldarmy1
AG
On the DIS $135 calls posted afternoon yesterday. I'd take the money and run on first 30 minute likely push over +$2.50 gain. If you bought multiple then sale majority and hang on to a few for earnings.

And if you like playing the spread then use the move higher to nab an equal number of $130 Puts when you see $133.25. A $130/$135 spread is darn tight and I think a no lose approach with the $135 being well up to open.

Harkrider 93
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

Us/China meeting may be delayed
It's an ego stroke. Neither wants to do it in the other's country due to optics on countries strength. They just need to do it in Europe and call it a day. Have Xi and Trump ski down a mountain holding hands.
sounds like they held hands on the lift ride up - progress!
AgShaun00
AG
Here goes DIS
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

On the DIS $135 calls posted afternoon yesterday. I'd take the money and run on first 30 minute likely push over +$2.50 gain. If you bought multiple then sale majority and hang on to a few for earnings.

And if you like playing the spread then use the move higher to nab an equal number of $130 Puts when you see $133.25. A $130/$135 spread is darn tight and I think a no lose approach with the $135 being well up to open.

Execute plan on next move on $133.25 target achieved.
UpstateAg
AG
Any thoughts on ETSY? I'm finishing up some DD on 12/20 45C's.
oldarmy1
AG
UpstateAg said:

Any thoughts on ETSY? I'm finishing up some DD on 12/20 45C's.
It's testing last year major support. A spread here out 3 weeks should be a payoff. It either breaks down and really tanks or holds and gets a short covering major support bounce. Or trust the macro market bull side and go calls $1.50+ from current price out a month
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU $125 weeklies can hit for those interested in looking at it
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Went to sell half my calls to make a couple dollars for lunch money and accidentally hit buy instead of sell... looks like I'm playing the earnings now and having cheap whiskey and ramen tonight
george1992
Well I'm 1 for 4 in buying ahead of earnings so far this earnings season. Winner was TPL with VNOM, QTWO and ROKU each kicking me in the nuts. I'm going to see if I can get to .500 today and am loading up on TTD and FSLY with their earnings being released after the close.
tramaro1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

ROKU $125 weeklies can hit for those interested in looking at it

Got in on the $128's and now up 300%
IrishTxAggie
AG
Added ROKU weekly $130c
BenRev09
AG
MSFT has an absolute lid at $145
oldarmy1
AG
WORK held major support

WPM die pond scum!
CheladaAg
AG
CYBR selling off a bit right now after good earnings yesterday.
YNWA_AG
AG
What kind of exit would you look at for WORK shares?
khkman22
AG
Picked up ROKU 11/15 130 at $1.12 this morning. Sold half at $3.50 and holding the other half until tomorrow probably before I make a decision on them. I will be traveling in the morning and early afternoon so I'll have to see what pre-market looks like to decide if I want to put an order in early or just let them ride into next week.
mrad85
AG
UpstateAg said:

I might have bought the dip on MCD options.
Are you still holding?

I'm in on 1/17 $210c

Got in early at a premium and it dropped like a rock, and have bought them down to at least a small profit the last few days.

I'm interested if anyone else is in on MCD and possible outlook.
gougler08
AG
Had meetings all morning and missed the ROKU calls...damnit
First Page Last Page
Page 798 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.