Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,090,377 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by sts7049
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CX back in the $3.70's... load up??
oldarmy1
AG
Bull market breakout continues. AAPL plan perfection.

Talon2DSO
AG
So happy I bought fitbit at $5.60 earlier this week
E
AG
Talon2DSO said:

So happy I bought fitbit at $5.60 earlier this week

Nicely done!

I got some $6 calls when the rumors started with google, was even this morning before the news just now. Will sell at open or wait a couple days.
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

Been at the bid trying to buy more LEAPS yesterday and today. No sellers
oldarmy1
AG
If the S&P keeps to the channel this breakout start could see 3250 area.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

E said:

$4 in 2021?
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

oldarmy1 said:

E said:

$4 in 2021?
yes
JobSecurity
AG
Bought 11/15 LYFT puts
E
AG
been trying for that one as well... probably not nearly as many shares as you though lol
tlepoC
AG
Just so I understand how options are handled for a company buyout..ala fit. Option price is now capped and stable since a price was announced? Won't change unless deal changes? No reason to hold longer or execute...but also no real risk?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Roku having trouble today. Might give a good opportunity to play their earnings next week
Shiner Bock
AG
That disney call looking solid today
oldarmy1
AG
Shiner Bock said:

I'd take some off on that $1.85
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
oldarmy1 said:

I believe the 3250 will happen, but not sure this calendar 2019 (it would be fantastic if it does).

I have been focused on the S&P for some years now and I find the relatively current sluggishness in the DJIA a curious thing. After a few new record highs in the S&P, the DJIA has been in a lagging position, IMO.

At the present, DJIA is approx. 100 points away from a new record. I believe the DJIA will get those 100 points, maybe today. The S&P should tag along for the ride up. If the DJIA makes a new record I think I'll take my S&P to cash and wait for a retreat to re-establish the S&P position and ride it to 3250. Any thoughts on that strategy?
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Shiner Bock said:

I missed it
oldarmy1
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

oldarmy1 said:

I believe the 3250 will happen, but not sure this calendar 2019 (it would be fantastic if it does).

I have been focused on the S&P for some years now and I find the relatively current sluggishness in the DJIA a curious thing. After a few new record highs in the S&P, the DJIA has been in a lagging position, IMO.

At the present, DJIA is approx. 100 points away from a new record. I believe the DJIA will get those 100 points, maybe today. The S&P should tag along for the ride up. If the DJIA makes a new record I think I'll take my S&P to cash and wait for a retreat to re-establish the S&P position and ride it to 3250. Any thoughts on that strategy?
Other than the unknown striking any moment the trend certainly favors you. I'm also peeling off some cash slowly, but primarily opting for hedges. Give me a 30% gain with a 5% lost hedge and net 25% each cycle and I'm fat and happy..
oldarmy1
AG
E said:

oldarmy1 said:

Shiner Bock said:

I missed it
Should retest
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
IrishTxAggie
AG
AAPL 11/8 $255c getting a good bit of action
Talon2DSO
AG
BGG looking like its getting some life into it
george1992
I'm going to put you guys, gals and in-betweens onto a stock that has made me a lot of money. It is Texas Pacific Land Trust. I'm part of a group that owns around 10% of the company. It trades under TPL. There is a lot of articles on the going ons lately for this company (considering converting to a c-corp, big fight over a trustee position etc). Things have settled down and our group has a representative on the Conversion Committee and that same person will likely be a board member once the company converts to a C corporation.

There is a lot of upside potential in this stock. It has traded as high as $915 recently and is currently trading around $620. There was a bad earnings report Q2 as a result of excessive legal fees. The majority of those fees are now gone and all lawsuits have been settled. The Q3 report was much better and now the stock appears to be back on a upward swing. I think it could hit $900 per share and then $2000 per share at the end of next year. At that point we will diversify away from this holding but still maintain a large position because we feel it can go much higher.

You can find some quick background on this company here:

http://www.tpltrust.com/

There is also a blog that keeps track of the comings and goings with the trust:

https://tpltblog.com/

It is a very lightly traded stock and the price of oil does affect the price of the stock. But its not an operating company is very different from the other mineral trusts out there. They have a water company, own a ton of land and most of the mineral interests of the trust have yet to be tapped.

YNWA_AG
AG
Is this a good area to re-enter into WORK?
khkman22
AG
Hmm, with your track record, I think I'll pass.
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Is this a good area to re-enter into WORK?
I'd wait to see if after a big up move on macro markets we don't consolidate and that gives the bears some traction to retreat share prices before covering.
oldarmy1
AG
I took 90% of COOP shares off the table.
BenRev09
AG
any reason not to like 11/29 MSFT 150c at .40?
george1992
khkman22 said:

Hmm, with your track record, I think I'll pass.

Good idea.
UpstateAg
AG
I'm buying GE 10p for 11/15. I own a lot of GE (thanks markopolis) but this spike is a bit much.
Talon2DSO
AG
I bought some GE when it was under $10 with a long play strategy. I'm not comfortable playing the calls and puts game yet.
jm94
AG
It's hard to argue with that sweet, sweet dividend.
leoj
AG
Quote:

$NFLX - 6,400 Feb $290 calls bought for about $22.00 this afternoon

Just laying down $14 million before starting the weekend...we've all been there before
BT1395
AG
Just sold a few of the DIS Nov 11/15 calls I bought yesterday and am almost net free on what I'm still holding. Not bad for 24 hours. Great call, OA - thanks for sharing your insight!
fightintxag13
AG
AAPL just keeps killing it! Was looking for $250 a couple weeks ago, but it definitely has more room to run at this point!
Whitetail
AG
george1992 said:

I'm going to put you guys, gals and in-betweens onto a stock that has made me a lot of money. It is Texas Pacific Land Trust. I'm part of a group that owns around 10% of the company. It trades under TPL. There is a lot of articles on the going ons lately for this company (considering converting to a c-corp, big fight over a trustee position etc). Things have settled down and our group has a representative on the Conversion Committee and that same person will likely be a board member once the company converts to a C corporation.

There is a lot of upside potential in this stock. It has traded as high as $915 recently and is currently trading around $620. There was a bad earnings report Q2 as a result of excessive legal fees. The majority of those fees are now gone and all lawsuits have been settled. The Q3 report was much better and now the stock appears to be back on a upward swing. I think it could hit $900 per share and then $2000 per share at the end of next year. At that point we will diversify away from this holding but still maintain a large position because we feel it can go much higher.

You can find some quick background on this company here:

http://www.tpltrust.com/

There is also a blog that keeps track of the comings and goings with the trust:

https://tpltblog.com/

It is a very lightly traded stock and the price of oil does affect the price of the stock. But its not an operating company is very different from the other mineral trusts out there. They have a water company, own a ton of land and most of the mineral interests of the trust have yet to be tapped.

I'm a shareholder. Bought it for the O&G minerals...recently surprised at the earnings related to water rights.
First Page Last Page
Page 794 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.