Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,983,261 Views | 224096 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by nortex97
O'Doyle Rules
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Strongest economy ever according to some yet the fed is cutting rates. Hmm.
docaggie
AG
Twitter going to stop accepting political ads.
That's gonna take a chunk out of the revenue this fall. I'd seen several analysts arguing that their next quarterly earnings would be much stronger due to election ads.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bonfire1996
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

FED was overactive in 2018. This is their comeuppance.

But continue to ignore unemployment, wages, consumer buying power, and every other metric out there. It's cool.
Bonfire1996
AG
docaggie said:

Twitter going to stop accepting political ads.
That's gonna take a chunk out of the revenue this fall. I'd seen several analysts arguing that their next quarterly earnings would be much stronger due to election ads.
Shareholder lawsuit in 3, 2, 1....
IrishTxAggie
AG
FB nice earnings beat. Add the TWTR political ads crap and FB might see $210 by EOW
leoj
AG
Wow Apple just destroyed earnings. Up 3% ah, FB up 2%. Let's go!
leoj
AG
Beat revs by $1B, insane.

Apple $AAPL saw Q3 EPS of $3.03 vs 2.84est. Rev' $64.00 vs 62.99est. Gross margins 38% inline. The stock is initially +2%... testing the Tuesday historic high.
Bonfire1996
AG
It will all depend on the holiday guidance.
UpstateAg
AG
Does anyone else remember the absolute tear ETSY went on last year after they crapped the bed? I remember. I'm intrigued.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

But continue to ignore unemployment, wages, consumer buying power, and every other metric out there. It's cool.

I choose to ignore a lot of those because the numbers are fudged by the govt. a lot of people on this board agreed that it's a lie under Obama. But now those metrics are the Bible under trump.
Tumble Weed
O'Doyle Rules said:

Bonfire1996 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

I choose to ignore a lot of those because the numbers are fudged by the govt. a lot of people on this board agreed that it's a lie under Obama. But now those metrics are the Bible under trump.
You should buy gold. It is all just a fascist sham to get you to lose your hard earned wages.
ProgN
O'Doyle Rules said:

Bonfire1996 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

If you watched the Powell press conference after they cut rates he said it was a preemptive cut due to global economic concerns. They also said they are now in a wait and see position and will not raise rates until there is inflation cropping up.
Post removed:
by user
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

I bailed on the 147s on this spike over 150. Sold very near my target so all in all happy. Will see where it ends up into the close.
did not buy into the close.

All cash over night.
I sold half at 150. 152 I think is heavy resistance, lots of shorts in it today. I can see it dumping a bit tomorrow or Friday. I'll get back in on a decent dip.
Aggie_2463
AG
COOP down 10% AH to $11
tailgatetimer10
AG
Not seeing this
ProgN
Bonfire1996
AG
China can doubt all it wants, it's manufacturing sector just contracted for the sixth straight month. That is catastrophic for a country with an emerging economy whose population isn't interested in agriculture anymore.
Aggie_2463
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Not seeing this

It's what Stocktwits was showing as well as my stock app yesterday.... now stock twits shows $12.20
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
It was 300 shares that move @ 11.00 shortly after close.
Harkrider 93
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

I don't read every article or post ever written, but I haven't seen one person say this is the strongest economy EVER.
Harkrider 93
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

Bonfire1996 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

If you can't trust some of those categories, you shouldn't trust any of the categories. Interesting that most trust the numbers when it favors their view, but don't trust them if they counter their view.

If the government will lie about employment, then they would lie about manufacturing being in a recession. If the government lies about consumer buying power, then they may be cutting rates so they can line their pockets with more profits.
ProgN
Bonfire1996 said:

China can doubt all it wants, it's manufacturing sector just contracted for the sixth straight month. That is catastrophic for a country with an emerging economy whose population isn't interested in agriculture anymore.
I agree but I'm watching for a Trump tariff tweet in the near future.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Take your political gripes to Forum 16...
tailgatetimer10
AG
Calling into coop earnings.. have you had any more info on these guys?
ProgN
Is anyone else seeing some crazy spread on stocks today????
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Calling into coop earnings.. have you had any more info on these guys?
Nope - sure wish we had options.

I'm using today to buy Disney $135's out to November 15th. Earnings next Friday after the bell.
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Speaking of politics - why there is no way China and the Democrats would align for some pressure appearance grand-standing. Nope, no way.
Brewmaster
AG
ROKU-ling off today... looking to re-enter around 140.
oldarmy1
AG
Scooped up the Disney option lows.

And I see you guys too!
oldarmy1
AG
Whoever posted the CVET stock...thanks...Recall I went with buy the shares at the $8.70 mark and selling the $10 Nov 15's at 70 cents. If it continues above $10 that will be a $2/share gain. And if it consolidates below $10 I'll own'em at net $8.

Win-win

Thanks again!
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
AMD is running a decent bit
oldarmy1
AG
ZS working on a recapture of direction
oldarmy1
AG
DIS positive. Support band held today. Any positive day tomorrow it will be up $130.50+ to take a small % off to offset larger option holdings
First Page Last Page
Page 793 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.