Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,615 Views | 224616 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BREwmaster said:

ROKU - are you shoppers of it, still eyeing $125? I'm tempted to sell here before options Friday (assuming MM's drag it down again tomorrow).
bought shares, sold at the money calls against a portion for a synthetic $81 entry just needs to close over 132

Edit, 11/8 calls
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's trying. Keeps hitting resistance at about 131.8
khkman22
AG
Shiner Bock said:

Shiner Bock said:

khkman22 said:

Went in on some lotto GOOGL 10/25 1275c. Got in at $0.60. Hoping for AMZN earnings to lead the way on this. This was based off of Manic Trading's 1290c tweet earlier this morning. Maybe if I'm lucky it'll run a little into close and I can be net free and hold 1/2 for tomorrow.
i saw the same and bought a few of the 1290's at .25 for a lotto
chicken'd out on these, sold all for 9% profit... likely to regret
Same. Have a feeling AMZN disappoints, and even if they don't they'd have to really crush it to affect GOOGL that much. I got 25% return, but not much to write home about $ wise. Also, if AMZN does well, my shares in my IRA will take away some of the sting out of missing out on this.
IrishTxAggie
AG
AMZN down pretty bigly so far. Missed est. on per share.

Cloud/web service miss.

AMZN may open tomorrow 8-10% off today's close
IrishTxAggie
AG
MSFT might be a big winner in the AMZN miss due to the competition in the cloud space
IrishTxAggie
AG
AMZN miss might be the fastest I've ever seen $75 billion disappear outside of the government.
oldarmy1
AG
Been crazy in the real world. Nothing new so far. Markets bumping up against resistance and now wait to see if AMZN sends us on a wave down or markets use any selling to flip the script. I bought TVIX and if we breakout I'll add equal share amounts each $0.75 lower. Right at all-time lows, so breakout or its gonna bounce.

NET found support
ZS - Good grief that stock hopefully found support
AMZN had insider knowledge of what was going on because the shares haven't budged during the market upswing. Very telling.

JPM paid in full on the calls

CX - now they missed by .01 billion bringing in $3.6 Billion for the quarter. The chart is almost identical to SUM when they had missed their quarter. Buy it like it's gold in my opinion.

Can we get a "COOP WHOOP" - Need to find time to golf more....apparently

Something has happened to my algorithms. I took a nearly 7 figure bath on some holdings that went contrary to everything that had always been solid. I posted concern over a hedge fund "peeking" in and am looking into that as a potential outlier. For that reason I'm sticking more to Large cap high volume stocks for the time-being. JPM was a test of that and it held true.

JD - Nothings gonna happened without China deal, and that looks like its going to be an election decision. Granted if macro markets explode it likely busts out but it can't even get to $32 this retest of market highs.

RTN brokeout from major resistance.

Been accumulating ACB...mainly 2022 $4 Leaps.

IrishTxAggie
AG
I think AMZN is an AMZN problem. Not general market. Their computing services missed big and their cost from the 1-day shipping is eating them
HoustonAg2014
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Been crazy in the real world. Nothing new so far. Markets bumping up against resistance and now wait to see if AMZN sends us on a wave down or markets use any selling to flip the script. I bought TVIX and if we breakout I'll add equal share amounts each $0.75 lower. Right at all-time lows, so breakout or its gonna bounce.

NET found support
ZS - Good grief that stock hopefully found support
AMZN had insider knowledge of what was going on because the shares haven't budged during the market upswing. Very telling.

JPM paid in full on the calls

CX - now they missed by .01 billion bringing in $3.6 Billion for the quarter. The chart is almost identical to SUM when they had missed their quarter. Buy it like it's gold in my opinion.

Can we get a "COOP WHOOP" - Need to find time to golf more....apparently

Something has happened to my algorithms. I took a nearly 7 figure bath on some holdings that went contrary to everything that had always been solid. I posted concern over a hedge fund "peeking" in and am looking into that as a potential outlier. For that reason I'm sticking more to Large cap high volume stocks for the time-being. JPM was a test of that and it held true.

JD - Nothings gonna happened without China deal, and that looks like its going to be an election decision. Granted if macro markets explode it likely busts out but it can't even get to $32 this retest of market highs.

RTN brokeout from major resistance.

Been accumulating ACB...mainly 2022 $4 Leaps.

I wish I was able to take a 7 figure bath... I might be taking a cold bath after what Amazon did today.
Shiner Bock
AG
How do you play leaps? Just buy here and there on down days since so much time to expiration?
docaggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I think AMZN is an AMZN problem. Not general market. Their computing services missed big and their cost from the 1-day shipping is eating them
But it's already grown their revenue.
I know that I now preferentially buy things that are next day free delivery.
Why bother planning a Target / Lowes run when it can be waiting on my doorstep the next day

I'm planning to buy more at this level in my retirement account.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oldarmy1
AG
Shiner Bock said:

How do you play leaps? Just buy here and there on down days since so much time to expiration?
Yeah...you want to establish a position and then on any consolidation days add some and if you get a 15%+ move higher on consolidation you look at volume and if it's big you hang on...if its in line with last 10 days I sell the extra buys and do it again.

CX down at $3 was gold acquiring a large LEAP position and then buying/selling every dip below $2.90 and sell on $3.10+.....then when it started it's move you know its gonna reach $4 so I waited for $4 and sold 20% making the remaining 80% LEAP a net free lotto ticket.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Oh it definitely is, which is why it's ignored the broader market rise. Couldn't even break $1800 where it had hit $1850 on similar market wave. And zero breakout back towards retesting $2000's. Be careful on it because money flow has been going red and it could really sink.
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Now that's just funny stuff right there!
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

Anybody have thoughts on AAPL for earnings next week? Was thinking about some $250 11/15 or $245 11/8 calls. I'm hoping their guidance for those signing up for Apple Arcade and Apple TV+, along with forecasting users due to the new device purchases (even though those are free for a year) will give them a boost, even if earnings don't crush expectations.
Several services had alerts today. Average was to buy the Nov 8 $255's for $1.70 with a $4 target
IrishTxAggie
AG
docaggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Why bother planning a Target / Lowes run when it can be waiting on my doorstep the next day

It grew their revenue, but at what cost? The economics of the next day shipping is what cost them. The plan is awesome. It's just not cost effective...yet.
Bert315
AG
Prognightmare said:

Never heard of it. What's the symbol?

CVET.
docaggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

docaggie said:

IrishTxAggie said:

It grew their revenue, but at what cost? The economics of the next day shipping is what cost them. The plan is awesome. It's just not cost effective...yet.
True, but what you do with that depends on your plan.
Like I said, I'm buying here in my retirement account, with the notion of holding for quite awhile.
I wouldn't try to swing trade it right now, with the uncertainty, or try options at my novice level.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oldarmy1
AG
CX as discussed
oldarmy1
AG
COOP new trend highs closes the gap to form the cup.....see if it blows on upward or finds resistance for handle formation
YNWA_AG
AG
Thoughts on SE if you have time. Irish mentioned it due to money flowing into 12/20 calls
tailgatetimer10
AG
Previous sell limits, for me at least, were set at 12.25

Is there a re-entry to identify? I only sold 30% of holdings averaged at $9.

Thank you for this stock tip!!!
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Thoughts on SE if you have time. Irish mentioned it due to money flowing into 12/20 calls
Head and shoulder just completing. Need to see rejection of that for decision.
oldarmy1
AG
I bought some CVET and sold some Nov 15 $10 calls at $0.70. Give me $10.79 against $8.89 entry and call it a win.

Or be in them at $8.19 if not above $10. Will take it either way as an entry.
oldarmy1
AG
Watch NET to break $16.50 to have confidence in trend reversal.

ZS trying to form a bottom with consolidation holding into yesterdays gains. A $0.30 Put at $40 and look for entry on any further pullback worth a hedged entry. Once it does jump it will move $5-10 fairly quick.

Other beaten down IPO trying to form bottom is WORK. Wouldn't take a position on it without a protective Put hedge at $20 either.
Pignorant
AG
Any TWTR holders averaging down after the earnings miss?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pretty decent support around 29.90. There daily user numbers are the problem right now compared to their competition. I'm not sure it holds that line. If it gives that, it is headed for 29.4. If that goes. It's down to 28
Ragoo
AG
I got off Twitter. Hated every other post being political and argumentative in nature. Seems like the dregs of society are the bulk of active users. Found myself getting mad every time I checked it. Much better without.

Therefore; no investment from me.
leoj
AG
Irish, didn't you have a cheddarflow account? Has it been worth it, just curious.
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Irish, didn't you have a cheddarflow account? Has it been worth it, just curious.
I do. I still have it. I enjoy it because it gives me an idea of where the money is going. You have to make up your own mind as to what to do. It doesn't give recommendations or anything. It's worth it to me. It's already paid for itself multiple times over.

When I see a huge bet on an individual option you tend to think something is up and I've followed it. I've hit 80ish % doing that. Few misses, but nothing tragic.
jtmoney03
AG
SPY is rocking today. Up 130% on 10/28 301s bought a little over an hour ago. Broken through a few resistance points and headed for ATHs if the volume keeps coming.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ROKU with a nice rebound so far today after finding some good support at 127.3
gougler08
AG
Trying for all time highs on a Friday?
BenRev09
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Oh it definitely is, which is why it's ignored the broader market rise. Couldn't even break $1800 where it had hit $1850 on similar market wave. And zero breakout back towards retesting $2000's. Be careful on it because money flow has been going red and it could really sink.
OA1 - does this same logic apply to DIS? Seems like overwhelmingly positive public perception of DIS+ and future expectations but no where near its high on this market wave.
Bonfire1996
AG
BenRev09 said:

oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

OA1 - does this same logic apply to DIS? Seems like overwhelmingly positive public perception of DIS+ and future expectations but no where near its high on this market wave.
There has to be a "zero" point on DIS, as in, where do Disney+ subscriptions start? Once they have a starting point, growth rates can be applied and financial projections can be added. I think you see a huge jump up when initial subscriber numbers are announced because future revenue can be projected.

It has been so long since Disney has been a growth stock with the PE ratios that come with that. It is crazy to think what their stock price should be with a growth minded PE ratio.
First Page Last Page
Page 789 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.