Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,515,231 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would never invest in it. I may swing some shares for a trade though.
deadbq03
AG
I lost a decent amount on GME last year when they still had a dividend and other fundamentals that made them look good. Was a good lesson for me in not fighting uphill against sentiment/common sense for the sake of what seems like good fundamentals.
jm94
AG
OSTK shooting up this morning, 15% so far
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

As someone that just moved to a more bike-able area and enjoys being outside and liked to bike back in the day, any recommendations for a good bike that for leisurely rides? Not planning to get into the critical mass type of biking.
I'll offer up another alternative to think about... a Hybrid. Flat bars, roadie tires, a little more upright riding. Great for commuting or flying through urban areas. An mtb with an extra set of wheels would fit that purpose too.

Ragoo, if you're ever in BCS or live here, let's ride some time.

Currently I have a gravel bike, a 3T that does road and gravel well. Road tires for riding out Old Reliance and throw the gravel tires on if I want to do iola loop (mostly gravel country roads).

khaos288
AG
Can't believe I cashed out at 19.19
gougler08
AG
MU has been a beast since earnings
Trolley Problems
What're folks' latest thoughts on all the recession talk that's been happening the last 6+ weeks? Market seems to have been pretty strong the last week or two. Have we shaken it?
UpstateAg
AG
ZS. Might swing this....
gougler08
AG
Trolley Problems said:

What're folks' latest thoughts on all the recession talk that's been happening the last 6+ weeks? Market seems to have been pretty strong the last week or two. Have we shaken it?
SPX had a potential bear flag forming but broke to the positive side late last week, which is a positive signal for at least the short term

I do expect it to close that gap down to 2938 at some point and would only be concerned if it blows through that to the negative side
gougler08
AG
I kinda want to free up some cash for that one too
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

Can't believe I cashed out at 19.19
passing 23 is also a buy signal believe it or not. It now has room to run to 26.

OSTK

this is a squeeze of sorts as shorts are forced to turn in shares before the digital dividend. Schwab already has...others following suit. I think some of the shorts are buying shares now, forcing it up.
ProgN
CYBR closes that gap this week, IMO.
UpstateAg
AG
Taking some profits off of some DBX to buy a couple ZS 50c for November.
diablo loco
still heavy on OSTK. Just watching it like a car wreck. can't look away. set up my dino financial acct. so I can trade OSTKO.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
UpstateAg said:

Taking some profits off of some DBX to buy a couple ZS 50c for November.

For those of us that missed it, what's the reason for the big drop today in ZS?
khkman22
AG
oldarmy1 said:

59 South said:

oldarmy1 said:

Took first on DBX here

What strike and date? The spread on those options is wide!
Sept 20th $22 at $0.20 cent
Are you still holding these? Do you think there's a chance it makes it to $22 by next week or should we try to get a little bit for them while we can?
UpstateAg
AG
I'm not OA, just a simple lolpoor, but I sold half of my calls to go net free. After that, assess what your risk is, and then go from there. I sold half of what I had remaining to buy ZS calls out to November.
I got burned getting greedy a year ago, and now have levels of take profit set so I don't get burned, but also don't miss out completely on big moves up.
UpstateAg
AG
They reported yesterday AH. Earnings and guidance weren't what WS wanted. The model T that is discussed here is pretty cool, so I bought calls far enough out to let that start working.
khkman22
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'm not OA, just a simple lolpoor, but I sold half of my calls to go net free. After that, assess what your risk is, and then go from there. I sold half of what I had remaining to buy ZS calls out to November.
I got burned getting greedy a year ago, and now have levels of take profit set so I don't get burned, but also don't miss out completely on big moves up.
Only problem is I bought the $22s instead of the $20s. Still not back to even yet.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Well DWT was about the quickest 15% I've ever made

anybody in FTR? Seems they are at a pivotal spot right now where they have a $300 million debt payment due on Sept 15 and if they make that payment, it doesn't make any sense for them to file BK until 2021 at the earliest. (stolen from stocktwits). I have a ton of shares and a few $2 november calls that I had written off. Could go into high gear if they make that payment, but my weak hands always sell on the run up.
UpstateAg
AG
Yeah. That's a tough one. I believe OA has his still. DBX was due for a rebound, and I think they have some room to run.
EngrAg14
AG
OA you see DE continuation, I'd like to believe it hits 170 by next week.
Especially after making my typicaly as of late, untimely pull out of my AAPL calls for $220, about 30mins before the markets rocketed it upwards. Figured AAPL's movement from the conference was finished, boy was I wrong.

Either hold too long or hold too short!
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

oldarmy1 said:

59 South said:

oldarmy1 said:

Took first on DBX here

What strike and date? The spread on those options is wide!
Sept 20th $22 at $0.20 cent
Are you still holding these? Do you think there's a chance it makes it to $22 by next week or should we try to get a little bit for them while we can?
I took half off
oldarmy1
AG
EngrAg14 said:

OA you see DE continuation, I'd like to believe it hits 170 by next week.
Especially after making my typicaly as of late, untimely pull out of my AAPL calls for $220, about 30mins before the markets rocketed it upwards. Figured AAPL's movement from the conference was finished, boy was I wrong.

Either hold too long or hold too short!
Looks like a pretty clear red/green reversal
oldarmy1
AG
SQ closes under $60 with no immediate return upward tomorrow the October 18 $50 Puts are in play under $0.35
Shiner Bock
AG
OA, i caught interest yesterday in your recs for 10/18 X $11 puts. Just looked and they are now down to .21. time to jump in?
khaos288
AG
Shiner Bock said:

OA, i caught interest yesterday in your recs for 10/18 X $11 puts. Just looked and they are now down to .21. time to jump in?

Bought yesterday
diablo loco
OSTK
oldarmy1
AG
khaos288 said:

Shiner Bock said:

Bought yesterday
Yes and add
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SQ closes under $60 with no immediate return upward tomorrow the October 18 $50 Puts are in play under $0.35

Well nuts...SQ drop accelerated
khaos288
AG
I'm along for the ride! Just wish I waited for today haha. Worlds most famous market saying
khkman22
AG
What is the thinking behind the X puts? If there was any discussion prior to the last couple of pages I missed it.
oldarmy1
AG
khkman22 said:

What is the thinking behind the X puts? If there was any discussion prior to the last couple of pages I missed it.
Nothing has changed on their uphill battles. We took it last time for a 100% plus run and I think once this squeeze ends it will sink back quickly.
Señor Chang
AG
TRNX just took off. Some big news about to come out? Up 20%+
TheBiggerEvent
AG
SFIX, WORK, and AKAM need to show some life...
First Page Last Page
Page 733 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.