Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,031,081 Views | 224269 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by JobSecurity
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leoj said:

Runs once it gets past $32?
That's its heaviest resistance mark.
JobSecurity
AG
Don't look now but NIO is breaking over a several month descending trendline. Dare I buy NIO?
YNWA_AG
AG
AKAM not looking great
gougler08
AG
foleyt said:

Don't look now but NIO is breaking over a several month descending trendline. Dare I buy NIO?
It's trying to break out of the month long handle after the cup formed...but does look to have bounced off resistance w/ the 50 day MA
JobSecurity
AG
SQ going for it

Bottom fell out. Algos triggered
gougler08
AG
It V bottomed hard right after that big red candle
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
you on vacation today? RIG running! Along with SWN and a bunch of other smaller E&Ps. Is it just oil price/middle eastern tensions or is something else going on?
ProgN
NRD09 said:

you on vacation today? RIG running! Along with SWN and a bunch of other smaller E&Ps. Is it just oil price/middle eastern tensions or is something else going on?

deadbq03
AG
For SWN it ought to have more to do with NG up by nearly 4%, but Lord knows I've seen gas prices rise while oils falls and SWN drops with oil.
Aggie_2463
AG
NRD09 said:

No, just been in meetings. Today has been a good day for me so far with all the green.

RIG - 8%
CX - 3.5%
COOP - 6.5% - Sold at $9.42, I'll re-enter a position here it's down to $9.20, so seeing if it will continue to drop some. I had put all my "trading funds" into this one when it dropped down into the 8s
NIO - 4.2%
G Money
AG
CHK - +16% - What is driving this?

ProgN
Look at my post 3 above yours. Also, Netanyahu is calling for action against IRAN.
ProgN
Quote:

Short Squeeze Candidates: 10 Most Heavily Shorted Stocks
1:57 pm ET September 9, 2019 (Benzinga) Print
Short squeezes can be one of the most powerful trading catalysts on Wall Street, and traders are always on the lookout for the next major short squeeze candidate.

S3 Partners analyst Ihor Dusaniwsky just released his latest list of the top short squeeze stocks and ETFs based on short interest and short percent of float.

Dusaniwsky said there are currently only 43 U.S. stocks with short interest of at least $25 million and short percent of float of at least 40%.

"These are stocks which have a greater chance of a short squeeze if stock loan supply gets tight, stock borrow rates negatively impact net of financing expected Alpha, mark-to-market losses mount if the security rallies, or recalls start hitting the street," Dusaniwsky wrote in the report.

See Also: 10 ETFs That Could Be Primed For A Short Squeeze

Short Squeeze Candidates

Here are S3's 10 best stock candidates for a short squeeze.

Dillard's, Inc. (NYSE: DDS), $496.5 million short interest, 84.2% of float.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), $273.1 million short interest, 74.7% of float.
Health Insurance Innovations Inc (NASDAQ: HIIQ), $129.6 million short interest, 72.9% of float.
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. (NYSE: SKT), $659.5 million short interest, 68.9% of float.
Yeti Holdings Inc (NYSE: YETI), $510.3 million short interest, 64.8% of float.
Pennsylvania R.E.I.T. (NYSE: PEI), $195.5 million short interest, 64.0% of float.
Eidos Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: EIDX), $135.7 million short interest, 62.5% of float.
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NASDAQ: BBBY), $756.3 million short interest, 62.0% of float.
Fastly Inc (NYSE: FSLY), $177.0 million short interest, 61.6% of float.
Turning Point Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: TPTX), $92.7 million short interest, 58.1% of float.
deadbq03
AG
Any experts mind explaining MESA to me? Up 9% today but there's zero options volume. I knew it was low volume when I got in, but this is very frustrating.
khaos288
AG
We taking the ostk exit at 19? Seems like a nice win to get a lot at 15 and then sell at 19
ProgN
Usually when stocks get down this low, options traders just trade the stock and the volume on the shares isn't very much. JMO
oldarmy1
AG
T worth a Oct 18 $38 call. Once this fog over an activist placing over $3.2 billion dollar stake should be the focus.

Will be political since CNN in the crosshairs with this move.
oldarmy1
AG
Told ya that $60 mark was solid on SQ. That was one heckuva flash down v bottom reversal to $59
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Told ya that $60 mark was solid on SQ. That was one heckuva flash down v bottom reversal to $59
It's finally sinking in...I actually saw that too!
Brewmaster
AG
OSTK squeeze today, 15% up on the day, still running a bit after hours

digital dividend date nears and a bunch of shorts with no knowledge of the company, stuck! I think the pros got out when it dipped around 15.
Brewmaster
AG
Good to bank profits on OSTK, but it may keep running. Next resistance looks like 20.40...squeeze is on, tomorrow will be interesting.
La Bamba
AG
La Bamba said:

ER September 24th. Should get Aug/Sept delivery numbers, which I think are going to be pretty good. Of course, we will have to wait and see.

CPCA report out today and seems like ~2800 cars were sold in August compared to the 2000 - 2500 guidance for the month. This is not the official Nio report, but there is a good chance the company begins to deliver >2000-3000 cars per month until end of December.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
solid day! Hopefully we have another good day or two with oil and gas before the bottom falls out again.
ProgN

Let's see what this does to SQ.
CheladaAg
AG
AVEO Says "Trial Shows Survival Rates With Renal Cancer Drug"
IrishTxAggie
AG
boyz05 said:

AVEO Says "Trial Shows Survival Rates With Renal Cancer Drug"

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190910005358/en/AVEO-Oncology-Announces-Updated-Survival-Hazard-Ratio
ProgN
You weren't on here yesterday, you out of the country?
IrishTxAggie
AG
No. Just swamped with real work right now. Having a HQ in Hong Kong and production in China has been a headache from hell. I'm out at the end of the month.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
Looks like WeWork might be suspending their IPO. Lots of pressure to do so.
E
AG
AKAM
deadbq03
AG
Thanks. MESA still flying and my Oct 7.5's still sitting there at the ask price. Equity was under 6 when I bought the calls. When can I expect someone to bite? ITM?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Someone is trying to hold T down at that $37.5 resistance
mrad85
AG
Do you think it will spring free of it's resistance?
IrishTxAggie
AG
mrad85 said:

Do you think it will spring free of it's resistance?
Not sure. Literally right as I posted that, there was a slight volume spike that pulled it right to the line. but it got slapped down.
First Page Last Page
Page 729 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.