Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,218 Views | 224257 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

I am making a decent bet. Buying ROKU Jan 2020 120c. Synthetic long position thru their next earnings cycle.
stock up $8 since purchase, options up 20%

Rooting for you brother
Brewmaster
AG
OSTK'ers
if you're nervous with the daily dip and manipulation leading up to the dividend date, can always sell on an uptick after hours or early in the a.m. (when it seems to come up). Before the shorts wake up I guess. Then buy back in on a deeper dip before the 23rd.
SoTXAg09
AG
Bought in at 21. That obviously hasn't gone well. Add more now, around 15, or wait for a further drop?
leoj
AG
Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) falls after cutting its full-year profit guidance.

The company sees full-year EPS $5.30 to $5.70 vs. $5.75 to $6.10 prior and $5.95 consensus.

Management cites a number of drags on profit - including margin compression related to a reversal of a gain on mark to market grain derivatives, commodity market volatility, implementation of enhanced food safety initiatives, a beef processing plant fire and slower than expected operational improvements in the chicken segment.

"Our outlook for fiscal 2020 remains positive as we believe some of the challenges we're experiencing are not expected to repeat, and we're expecting more favorable market conditions as well," notes CEO Noel White.

Tyson -4.60% AH.
Brewmaster
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

Bought in at 21. That obviously hasn't gone well. Add more now, around 15, or wait for a further drop?
Ride it out, I'm in a similar boat. It does look like retail is making good money now though and the dividend is in less than 3 weeks. Would love to see a short squeeze then.
Ragoo
AG
Futs up. ROKU over $160 pre-market.
IrishTxAggie
AG

This is what started everything in HK. Positive news for now, but it may be too late. Think the protesters exposed the HK gov't and they'll want more. Their market liked it there.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Futs up. ROKU over $160 pre-market.
Quote:

Roku stock gains after D.A. Davidson ups target to a new Street high
Today 8:26 AM ET (MarketWatch)
Print
Roku Inc. shares (ROKU) are up 2.2% in premarket trading Wednesday after D.A. Davidson analyst Tom Forte raised his price target on the stock to $185 from $135. The new target is the highest listed on FactSet. Forte sees Roku as one of the companies best positioned to take advantage of the shift to over-the-top television from linear programming. He has increasing conviction in the company's ability to "exploit the billions being spent across the industry on proprietary content" and make strides internationally. Shares have surged 412% so far this year, while the S&P 500 has risen 16%.
leoj
AG
I don't want to hear about ROKU ever again lol
CheladaAg
AG
So what happens first...ROKU goes up to 185 or goes back down to 150? Amazing run so far. Wish I stayed in it.
ProgN
leoj said:

I don't want to hear about ROKU ever again lol
Colt98
AG
What do you guys think of DE sept 20 160 calls here
E
AG
aaaaand TEUM broke $2
oldarmy1
AG
Out of the country so quick option call bought.

AKAM Sept 20 $93 strikes under $0.90. Target $2.10
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Out of the country so quick option call bought.

AKAM Sept 20 $93 strikes under $0.90. Target $2.10

Jk
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

I am making a decent bet. Buying ROKU Jan 2020 120c. Synthetic long position thru their next earnings cycle.
options up 45%
Brewmaster
AG
boyz05 said:

So what happens first...ROKU goes up to 185 or goes back down to 150? Amazing run so far. Wish I stayed in it.
185, my unprofessional opinion. It is a rocket ship. I'm buying some on the next mini dip and setting a tight stop loss. That way if the markets tank I'm protected.

@HiddenPivots called it months ago, I should've listened!
Ragoo
AG
Fly me to the moon.
ProgN
Sold COOP at the open but may be buying it back today.
Señor Chang
AG
Is it time to buy Roku puts yet?
Aggie_2463
AG
Prognightmare said:

I almost made that move myself, and I should have.
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

options up 45%
55% now
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Bearish engulfing candle forming today...I'd wait for confirmation tomorrow before buying back in
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

Bearish engulfing candle forming today...I'd wait for confirmation tomorrow before buying back in

I probably will. My current price target is 8.10-.15
tramaro1
AG
WORK is making moves. Anyone have any insight going into earnings? Usually when I play earnings I lose lol.
gougler08
AG
SPX going to be right at the resistance line at the close it looks like...
jmcfar_98
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/slacks-first-quarterly-earnings-report-after-ipo-190935065.html

Slack (WORK) issued its first earnings report as a public company after the bell on Wednesday, beating on the top and bottom line.

Stock is down 11.6% early AH.
ProgN
jmcfar_98 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/slacks-first-quarterly-earnings-report-after-ipo-190935065.html

Slack (WORK) issued its first earnings report as a public company after the bell on Wednesday, beating on the top and bottom line.

Stock is down 11.6% early AH.
Quote:

Slack Shares Fall After First Earnings Report After IPO -- Market Talk
Today 4:46 PM ET (Dow Jones)Print
16:46 ET - Slack sinks 16% as it posts its first quarterly results as a publicly traded company. Company's loss was narrower than analysts forecast and revenue topped estimates, but the company guided for a wider loss and slower revenue growth in the current quarter, weighing on sentiment. The company raises its fiscal 2020 outlook to a loss of 40c-42c/share on revenue of $603M-$610M. Analysts are looking for a loss of 42c/share on revenue of $600.6M. (
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
Well played China. They're doing it during a huge national holiday. China basically shuts down for two weeks the beginning of Oct. for a national vacation.
ProgN
Futures jumping higher
gougler08
AG
That will break that resistance line in the morning (assuming they hold)...could have some room to run now
ProgN
gougler08 said:

That will break that resistance line in the morning (assuming they hold)...could have some room to run now
SPX Futures up +30. We gone
oldarmy1
AG
Did I accidently post on another thread?

I posted that if you bought the AKAM calls today then move your target to $3.50 from $2.10. You just got lucky.
CW2011
AG
I'm in on the AKAM @ .82. Up a nice little %13 on them already. Looks like mostly everything will be up to start the morning with futures looking as good as they are.
First Page Last Page
Page 726 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.