Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,114,110 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by oldarmy1
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what say you said:

would you still recommend your previous advice of buy under $6.00... sell and take profit at $6.75 and get out at $5.75?

Absolutely!
oldarmy1
AG
That selloff looks like a signal fake, known better as a "shake". Go with the macro new highs signaling another bullish leg.

Sorry..typing on a plane. Corrected
Joseph Parrish
AG
oldarmy1 said:

That selloff looks like a signal fake, known better as a "shake". Go with the macro new highs signaling another bullish leg.

Sorry..typing on a plane. Corrected

I like that better!
oldarmy1
AG
SN bucking early market action +.29
$6.51
One Tooth Man
2:55pm 6/12. Any believers this is the beginning of the SN squeeze or just another fake to sell off and buy lower?
oldarmy1
AG
One Tooth Man said:

2:55pm 6/12. Any believers this is the beginning of the SN squeeze or just another fake to sell off and buy lower?
Not much volume today, although all 25k trading shares at the posted $6.75 resistance area got filled the last hour. Whoop! Major support bounces are the best.
One Tooth Man
Too chicken on SN to hold until tomorrow. I got enough movement to close today (plus your recommendation added fuel to stop). Sold out at 3:59 (EST).

For about four weeks, I've been trading oil and/or services long from Friday am until Tuesday PM and short Tuesday PM until Wednesday PM. Selling today was the exception. That's why I'm wondering if today was the squeeze trigger for SN. It's been working and the good thing about this strategy is that there's a boatload of news about oil markets to respond too. Until inventories balance out I'm going to keep trying this.
oldarmy1
AG
Can you see the resistance on SN? Can't pop through it so far, which is why the trade was a sweet $0.75+ profit on major support buys below $6. Obviously hope it pops through since I have it as a "net free" holding. Easing regulations and drilling make the energy sector a lower performer for the foreseeable future, absent some terrorist macro event.

Banking/Financial, Tech are best sectors for now. Eventually the BioTechs will see through the fog and make a move but not until some clarity on Obamacare's demise and replacement path is clear.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Pushing past $7 now.
oldarmy1
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Pushing past $7 now.

I knew if I called it on the resistance it would break it.
Joseph Parrish
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Pushing past $7 now.

I knew if I called it on the resistance it would break it.
Haha, I'm not complaining either way. I needed it to get to an even dollar number for me to be able to place covered calls anyway since I use etrade. My volume chart also isn't nearly as good as yours, so I can't see the resistance levels as well as your chart charts. I see volume dropping since 10:45am (Eastern) and this thing is still climbing.
Joseph Parrish
AG
How far out are the calls you placed at $6.75?
Joseph Parrish
AG
The bid at a $7 strike price for July 21st is $0.65.

I can't show pictures on here very well, but we're currently at the May 24th levels. It didn't really make a nice reverse head and shoulders, but if it starts to fall I might sell some calls.

Haha, of course as I'm typing this it drops from $7.20 back down to $7.05....
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pretty good past couple of days for SN. I got in on 6/9 at $5.93. Do y'all think it is going to continue it's push?
Joseph Parrish
AG
ColinAggie said:

Pretty good past couple of days for SN. I got in on 6/9 at $5.93. Do y'all think it is going to continue it's push?
Not sure what it's going to do, but the next resistance levels are around the $8 and $9 mark. If you look at the 3 month chart, you'll see the stairstep changes that basically make up the shoulders of a reverse head a shoulders trend. So if we push past $7, those are the next places to pay close attention to.
oldarmy1
AG
And SN shows you why trading for profits is a great strategy. Rinse and repeat.
FTAC2011
AG
Wait till we dip into Low $6s again or are looking for that $5.75
oldarmy1
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Wait till we dip into Low $6s again or are looking for that $5.75

Yessir
oldarmy1
AG
Lot of buyers this afternoon. That bullish trend is still your friend. Don't fight it.
Ragoo
AG
thoughts on CRC here around $10? Been bouncing off of this spot for a while now.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Ragoo said:

thoughts on CRC here around $10? Been bouncing off of this spot for a while now.
Just FYI, we've got a lot of joint venture money coming in. So it's good for development and long term production, but we're giving away a chunk of those profits. Now these deals are money we didn't have, so that means that we'll have a revenue stream from production that likely wouldn't be coming online until much further down the road.

I think when oil prices goes back up towards $50, you'll see us jump with that move. But the 52 week low is also at just under $9, but the majority of the lower support seems to be around the $10 mark.
Ragoo
AG
you with CRC?
Joseph Parrish
AG
Ragoo said:

you with CRC?
Yep
Ragoo
AG
Awesome. We have done work for you guys at the THUMS location and a couple of CO2 Dehy skids for your reinjection.
oldarmy1
AG
CRC chart looks like a lot of oil stocks right now. All of them I'd be buying with the stop loss on the major support breakdown. These are ugly charts. Head and shoulders within smaller head and shoulders, due to each successive one failing to send us back to the left shoulder starting point.

oldarmy1
AG
CRUS is a good short trade on any up days from here.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Double the hourly volume for SN multiple times today compared to the previous days. I guess they like $7.
Joseph Parrish
AG
SN up over 13% in a day. I like it.
oldarmy1
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

SN up over 13% in a day. I like it.
You see that they sold their Eagle Ford non-core assets for $50m? News move

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/16864097-sanchez-energy-announces-sale-non-core-marquis-asset-eagle-ford-shale
oldarmy1
AG
Record highs again with premarket futures bright green.
oldarmy1
AG
Tech stocks will lead rally with the "bi-partisan" technology summit being held with Trump today. Caution on selling the news late, as techs jumped a week ago by those in the know.
oldarmy1
AG
Selling CRC Naked Puts out to July 21st for $1. That's $1000 for every 10 options premium paid to me. If the stock is above or around $10 come July 21 then I keep the $1000/10 Put options. If the stock is below around $9.75 then I likely get executed meaning I have to buy those 1000 shares at $10. But I would actually be at a net $9 purchase net with the option premium.
Ragoo
AG
Nice play. I will look into this strategy when I am back at the office.
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Any of y'all playing Cindy into any of your positions this week?
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.