Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,836 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big action in futures with low liquidity. Price is going to fly around today. Nothing is safe
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm not in GE, nor do I trade it so I admittedly didn't read the article. I just posted it because I remember someone on here mentioning they did/were and I wanted them to have the information.
It wasn't me, but I've been watching GE for a while now so I appreciate the article. I think once the 737MAX gets sorted out, GE could see a really nice bump (they'll get about 600 million in cash flow if I recall correctly), so I'm trying to keep an eye on it so I can move if I want.
george_92
Aggie_2463 said:

Futures may be up but I'm sure RIG will be red
I doubled down hoping for a nice move today.

Lets make some money today boys.
oldarmy1
AG
Good economic data hit. Bonds hardly moved. We have some crazy global stuff happening. Meanwhile I give you the dumbest money tweet ever. Obviously this guy sat on the sidelines during one of the greatest bull market moves in history.

oldarmy1
AG
george_92 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Futures may be up but I'm sure RIG will be red
I doubled down hoping for a nice move today.

Lets make some money today boys.

Citi maintained hold with target of $4.90. Well they are specific!
tailgatetimer10
AG
Random Twitter grab... Dude has 150 followers
IrishTxAggie
AG
USE HIS PRONOUNS!!!!
pfo
AG
I'm an old Aggie petroleum engineer who has or had production in 9 states and Indonesia.

My 2 cents on oil and gas stocks is as follows:

Shale oil and gas isn't just in the USA, it's everywhere conventional oil and gas production is. So when the price goes up a little, the lowest cost producers will drill new wells, hit the market with new supply and the price will drop back down. Just in the US alone, the Marsellus Shale covers West Virginia, Pennsylvania, part of Ohio and all of New York State. Historically, the magnitude of that size reservoir was unheard of in our industry. And there are many many more shales being delineated across the USA alone. Will other giant shales be drilled worldwide? Absolutely!

The oil and gas business used to boom every 20 years. Why? Because the average field was mostly depleted within 20 years. But today's gigantic shales fields will take 100 years to deplete. That's almost an order of magnitude. So I wouldn't bet on huge oil and gas price rises in my lifetime or young people's either.

So if you are investing in oil and gas companies, just know that your are selecting from a very mature industry and from hundreds of publicly traded companies worldwide. It's the type of investment where the dividend makes a big difference on your long term return. Or, in other words, almost the exact opposite of the stocks this board usually invests in.

For what it's worth, I don't own a single oil and gas stock.
oldarmy1
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Random Twitter grab... Dude has 150 followers

Right? Yet twitter had it top tweet under "economic data"
tailgatetimer10
AG
Wow.
oldarmy1
AG
TRNX Director 80k+ shares yesterday bought at $0.80

http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FilingID=13596837&RcvdDate=8/15/2019&CoName=TARONIS%20TECHNOLOGIES%2C%20INC.&FormType=4&View=html
diablo loco
pfo said:

For what it's worth, I don't own a single oil and gas stock.
I needed to hear this. I keep telling myself to stay the f away from O&G. Thanks.
Aggie_2463
AG
OA1.... HEAR or COOP if they are both around that $9 range today?

Made a swing trade on both of them from the $8.90-$9 range to $9.40 the other day, going to re-enter a position.
59 South
AG
For you degenerate riverboat gamblers, take a look a NIO $3 weeklies this morning. Look for a V before 9am. 2.90 is strong support. 3.20 easily attainable by tomorrow given recent volatility.
IrishTxAggie
AG
59 South
AG
I almost pulled the trigger yesterday at .05 but decided to wait till this morning. Might have missed it. I'm talking small bet here like 10-20 contracts.
deadbq03
AG
Very good insight. I'm convinced that public O&G investing is only a good option at this time for those looking for income from a reliable dividend. Maybe even on the PE side. I work at a PE that is doing quite well for over a decade and has been unable to find a buyer for the big flip. This year I think the board has given up on that dream and decided to shift focus, get cash flow positive (which we're still in good shape to do), and issue dividends.
Aggie_2463
AG
OSTK opens at $17.06 - good for you 15.50 guys
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
They also put out monthly revenues of $1.9 million for July:

https://www.accesswire.com/556144/Taronis-Generates-July-Revenues-of-19-Million
59 South
AG
59 South said:

I almost pulled the trigger yesterday at .05 but decided to wait till this morning. Might have missed it. I'm talking small bet here like 10-20 contracts.

Picked up 10 at .04. $40 "investment" baby! Let's go!
Aggie_2463
AG
I hate RIG lol
Ragoo
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

I hate RIG lol
not sure why anyone is investing in offshore drilling, bad place to be in this market.
Ragoo
AG
deadbq03 said:

Very good insight. I'm convinced that public O&G investing is only a good option at this time for those looking for income from a reliable dividend. Maybe even on the PE side. I work at a PE that is doing quite well for over a decade and has been unable to find a buyer for the big flip. This year I think the board has given up on that dream and decided to shift focus, get cash flow positive (which we're still in good shape to do), and issue dividends.
maybe an mlp, but certainly not an E&P. Not much growth opportunity.
oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

OA1.... HEAR or COOP if they are both around that $9 range today?

Made a swing trade on both of them from the $8.90-$9 range to $9.40 the other day, going to re-enter a position.
Split again
Aggie_2463
AG
Ragoo said:

Aggie_2463 said:

I hate RIG lol
not sure why anyone is investing in offshore drilling, bad place to be in this market.
Mines more from long term shares I should of pulled out months ago that I didn't.
george_92
Ragoo said:

Aggie_2463 said:

I hate RIG lol

Some of us are gluttons for punishment. Ask me how my big purchase of CHK in premarket is working out for me?
Aggie_2463
AG
george_92 said:

Ragoo said:

Aggie_2463 said:

I hate RIG lol

Some of us are gluttons for punishment. Ask me how my big purchase of CHK in premarket is working out for me?
I had to jump off that train, I do hope it reverses for you!
IrishTxAggie
AG
OSTK breaking out?
pacecar02
59 South said:

59 South said:

Picked up 10 at .04. $40 "investment" baby! Let's go!
in
no sig
oldarmy1
AG
Bought ALGN
E
AG
NIO earnings moved to 8/28 per RH... they always guess NIO's earnings dates wrong

was hoping it would be today...
IrishTxAggie
AG
E said:

NIO earnings moved to 8/28 per RH... they always guess NIO's earnings dates wrong

was hoping it would be today...

NIO goes off of the Nasdaq guess until a company actually announces. It's always a guess until a company announces a week or two before.
pfo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bought ALGN

OA is this a trade or investment for you? I attended the recent William Blair Growth Stock Conference and attended Align's presentation and was impressed by their CEO. But Smile Direct's product is 60% cheaper. Align has the better product because they align your bite whereas Smile only straightens your teeth.

Also Align manufactures Smile's trays as well as their own. But Smile's much lower price to consumers and heavy advertising campaign appears very effective to me.
Ag13
AG
PES was delisted yesterday due to trading under $1
oldarmy1
AG
pfo said:

oldarmy1 said:

Bought ALGN

OA is this a trade or investment for you? I attended the recent William Blair Growth Stock Conference and attended Align's presentation and was impressed by their CEO. But Smile Direct's product is 60% cheaper. Align has the better product because they align your bite whereas Smile only straightens your teeth.

Also Align manufactures Smile's trays as well as their own. But Smile's much lower price to consumers and heavy advertising campaign appears very effective to me.
Trade
First Page Last Page
Page 705 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.