Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,928 Views | 224470 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by McInnis 03
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My poor MSFT...
ProgN
Someone send up the OA bat signal.

I don't know photoshop but if anyone does, please replace bat with OA.
IrishTxAggie
AG
He sure did pick a hell of a week to go away!
Brewmaster
AG
LOL, I'm on it.
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

LOL, I'm on it.
Brewmaster
AG

google drive link if someone wants to host it for me
E
AG
I don't know if I think it's funnier with or without the photobucket stamp
Brewmaster
AG
yep, ouch lol
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

Excellent my friend
TheVarian
AG
He's probably gone because he knew something we don't.

Smart smart man
gougler08
AG
Well only down 17.5 now
Brewmaster
AG
google drive link if someone wants to host it and remove the "photobucket" junk
leoj
AG
Quote:

BREAKING: The Trump administration is moving to impose a total economic embargo against the government of Venezuela
IrishTxAggie
AG
That's nothing new really. The Venezuelan government has already basically been on a full embargo.

The countries that do business with Venezuela already thumb their noses at us.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

That's nothing new really. The Venezuelan government has already basically been on a full embargo.

The countries that do business with Venezuela already thumb their noses at us.
Besides, Venezuela isn't a pimple on China's ass when it comes to global market turmoil.
pfo
AG
Cramer predicted this escalation in the trade war/tariffs on an earlier show. He is now predicting Xi will continue to misplay Trump and either try to continue to wait it out for the 2020 election or play hardball now. In either scenario, Trump will then impose 25% tariffs across the board on China's exports to the US. Then Trump will promise to take the tariffs off or, at least, reduce the tariffs if China and America reach a trade deal.

I may do a little nibbling tomorrow but will save the majority of my cash/dry powder for later.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Futures only down .5 right now.

Could we possibly have a green day?!
Brewmaster
AG
pfo said:

Cramer predicted this escalation in the trade war/tariffs on an earlier show. He is now predicting Xi will continue to misplay Trump and either try to continue to wait it out for the 2020 election or play hardball now. In either scenario, Trump will then impose 25% tariffs across the board on China's exports to the US. Then Trump will promise to take the tariffs off or, at least, reduce the tariffs if China and America reach a trade deal.

I may do a little nibbling tomorrow but will save the majority of my cash/dry powder for later.

EngrAg14
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I'm young. Plenty of time to recover. Fortunate that I've got a good job and the market doesn't faze me too much. More of a hobby that I try to make money at.

In the same boat, watched my account disappear in a little over two weeks. All options I have are Sept 20th or further but I dont expect a bounce back up to get anywhere near the calls by then.

I think we reach down towards that 2350 again from December '18. Thatd be a 22% drop at that point, and that's if that's the bottom.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Futures are green for now. I don't think we'll be going to that 2350 this time. But it could very well come
claym711
AG
Market will not go straight down.

This thread has been going long enough to have been through some serious volatility.
CheladaAg
AG
claym711 said:

Market will not go straight down.

This thread has been going long enough to have been through some serious volatility.

Ok, ok so there will be a dead cat bounce sprinkled in.
badharambe
AG
winners:
Tvix - shares sold way too soon. Made 20% instead of the 10%0 if I had sold today.
ORHOF - made a quick 10% (26 hour hold)
AMD puts (turned out to be 50% winners thanks to last week craziness)

losers:
Didn't realize any losers. But my BAC idea sure sucked/early.

added/new starters:
Banks:
BAC starter (50%) of long term position.
Gold:
Dust starter (60%) of position
Thin name / low float:
BW (eyeing 5-6$ level)
Pennies:
-Still holding (small) ALPP (ouch until today) but overall very green on this trade and added in the 9's.
We have a higher low, really pretty. Won't be afraid to add higher.
-Still holding (small) SHMP after another green penny trade. Waiting to see if higher low here, if any push off open I'll be wary.

watching this week:
TVIX (short)
GBTC (and btc long)
Gold bug sentiment seems to be really high, which is just another good reason to short.
APT with Ebola continuing to spread in Africa

general note:
If spy gets down to 270 in next few weeks, I'll be all in.

Not encouraging a buy or sell here. Just being transparent and am not posting my stop loss / risk tolerance (which is different on every trade).
badharambe
AG
Yah. My cost average is in .0725 as stated earlier, I have significantly trimmed my holdings and am speculating with a higher low.

Capitulation is necessary and sometimes easy to predict.

I.E, ALPP and SHMP last week.
gougler08
AG
Futures +27 now, may want to bail on calls early today in case it's just a dead cat bounce
ProgN

Quote:

U.S. stock index futures are positive early Tuesday morning after China's central bank indicated it wanted its currency to trade higher against the dollar. The bounce came after Wall Street saw its worst trading day of 2019 in the previous session on trade war tensions.
Around 6 a.m. ET, Dow futures recovered to indicate a positive open of about 85 points, after tanking in after-hours trading Monday evening. Futures on the S&P and Nasdaq were also higher Tuesday morning.
Overnight, China's central bank set the yuan's official reference point at stronger than the key 7 yuan-to-the-dollar point on Tuesday. The move calmed currency markets, initially rocked by fears the U.S.-China trade war was devolving into a currency war.

Went to bed early and futures this morning are good to see. IMO, China doesn't want a currency war and they definitely don't want our fed cutting .50 basis points. To early too tell if people will sell into strength though. DIS reports earnings ATC and is up. A positive update on Disney+ could help ROKU. I still think ROKU runs into Thursday's earnings report. Damn those naked puts really look like free money now, but I didn't have the cash to do it. I'm long the stock in my trading account and may look at selling covered calls into their earnings.

Good morning and good luck to everyone.
tailgatetimer10
AG
The small overreaction on this thread had me a bit worried, what gives
ProgN
tailgatetimer10 said:

It's a discussion and sharing of opinions board. A discussion about a 900 pt drop on the DJIA is never an overreaction. IMO, we will see more selling into strength and this COULD be the beginning of a correction because a trade deal with China looks like it will not happen and global markets are slowing down. There's even been an increase of announced layoffs here in the States. This is also a leading indicator of an economic slowdown here. The markets are coming off all time highs and priced for perfection, it wouldn't take much for them to overreact to the downside.
WestTexAg12
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

If you think what you saw on here was an overreaction, you should have seen what was going on in my head.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Carlo4
AG
tailgatetimer10
AG
Not being critical, I've followed the thread for quite some time. More so looking for explanation and any updated positioning posters are taking.

You can't take much away from "futures are down!!!" To "oh NVM green now"
ProgN
AMD looks to be my next target after ROKU. It's very close to my buy price. FWIW
IrishTxAggie
AG
Trump trying to stoke the morning fires for us.
rgag12
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Trump trying to stoke the morning fires for us.

He's trying to save face. He knows and we all know China holds the cards right now. China has him by the short hairs for 2020.
ProgN
Gougler, Irish and any other options traders,

Look at the AMD Jan 17, 2020 $35 calls. Id like your opinions on them. Im going to put them on my watch list. If they grab market share from INTC and runs up into Christmas then these look quite enticing.
First Page Last Page
Page 683 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.