Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,314 Views | 224614 Replies | Last: 11 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
badharambe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
watching this week:
TVIX
BW
GBTC (and btc)
Gold. Ill be shorting any major strength tomorrow (probably through DUST)

Have won on TVIX, GBTC..

starting DUST and BW now (BW looks very nice, low float). For the record, I believe a quick double is in the cards here.
george_92
mrad85 said:

george_92 said:

I'll put an end to this bullchit. I just bought 1000 shares of TVIX. That should get the market to go back green.

I've got to get me some of those. Do you get a discount if you buy more than 1?
The key is after you buy it, don't sell it right away. Made some good money yesterday only to sell out this am when everything started going green. Would have made a lot more money to offset the other stupid stuff I've done today if I would have held off on selling this am. Anyway, I'm up about $725 on 1000 shares but the market should turn soon. Hang tight!!!

The 7% drop in oil after I loaded up on some mineral funds was a kick in the nuts. Won the first half of the day only to get drilled in the second half. You can call me Mike Sherman.
JobSecurity
AG
tlepoC
AG
Welp, I increased my total war chest by 20% today. I think I'm finally learning my lesson on holding too long. Would have been hefty loss had I held another 30 minutes.
Aggie_2463
AG
Anyone looking at re-entering COOP int his 8.50 range tomorrow?
2percent
AG
Yes but i expect it to go a little lower than 8.50
ProgN
Aggierific said:

Welp, I increased my total war chest by 20% today. I think I'm finally learning my lesson on holding too long. Would have been hefty loss had I held another 30 minutes.
An old industry saying, "no one has ever gone broke taking a profit". I know, easier said than done but it is true.
TheVarian
AG
Some is better than none, or being in the red...
IrishTxAggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggierific said:

An old industry saying, "no one has ever gone broke taking a profit". I know, easier said than done but it is true.

No one has ever gotten rich without taking a chance.

/Irish's School of Bad Advice
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

Aggierific said:

I'm prepared for any adverse effects from Irish advice.
ProgN
I did go long ROKU stock at the close. I think it will go lower at the open but I can't do another daytrade until next week. With their earnings coming next week, it should show relative strength to the market.
UpstateAg
AG
How are we not sure that clays program involves trump tweets because he is Q?? Almost insane that we didn't mention that.
EngrAg14
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Prognightmare said:

Aggierific said:

*Goes to check that SQ gamble*
*puts phone down*
ProgN
SQ AH burned me twice in a row so I won't trade their earnings anymore and I didn't this time. Jack Dorsey CEO is a DB.
EngrAg14
AG
Prognightmare said:

SQ AH burned me twice in a row so I won't trade their earnings anymore and I didn't this time. Jack Dorsey CEO is a DB.
It was a small play for a hail mary.

Hoping he bans trump from twitter soon though!.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Bought Visa (V), Amazon (AMZN), and Delta (DAL) yesterday. Analysts reports all looked outstanding.

Thoughts?
FishrCoAg
AG
Been watching this thread for a bit now and trying to learn. Anyone following SPWR? up 25% today on top of a good week, after a long time just lingering. I'm sitting on some profit and trying to decide what to do with it.
ProgN
I don't follow it or any solar stocks actually, but if you have a profit or they have exposure to China, I'd sell some.
diablo loco
FishrCoAg said:

Been watching this thread for a bit now and trying to learn. Anyone following SPWR? up 25% today on top of a good week, after a long time just lingering. I'm sitting on some profit and trying to decide what to do with it.
I'm in this boat. I sold about 1/4 of what I had today. I'm thinking of maybe selling another 1/4 and then holding the rest. I think the solar story is a good one right now.
YNWA_AG
AG
https://www.wsj.com/articles/defense-secretary-esper-to-review-jedi-cloud-contract-11564694211

Jedi contract put on hold
ProgN
EngrAg14
AG
Looks like future have us opening to completely fill that 2943 gap.
Hopefully opens there hit resistance and instantly goes up today all day.
ProgN
It being Friday the weakness could persist into the weekend with possible retaliation by China. It should be interesting.
IrishTxAggie
AG
monarch said:

Interesting...interesting to see how much investors are losing on this stunt.

Go away already. How many times does your crap on this thread need to get flagged and deleted before you catch the hint?
Aggie_2463
AG
So what stocks are y'all watching today for the dips?

OSTK down to low 20s trying to decide to jump
On it or re-enter COOP
gougler08
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

So what stocks are y'all watching today for the dips?

OSTK down to low 20s trying to decide to jump
On it or re-enter COOP
COOP for me if it dips below 8.50

I also have $42 covered calls on TWTR expiring today so wouldn't mind if it slides in just underneath that mark at close today
diablo loco
I'll add some OSTK if it dips below 20 today.
WestTexAg12
AG
EngrAg14 said:

Looks like future have us opening to completely fill that 2943 gap.
Hopefully opens there hit resistance and instantly goes up today all day.

If not, the next gap is 2894.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
ProgN
Quote:

Todd Gordon's Roku Options Trade
7:23 am ET August 2, 2019 (Benzinga) Print
Todd Gordon of TradingAnalysis.com shared with the viewers of CNBC's "Trading Nation" his bullish options trade in Roku Inc (NASDAQ: ROKU). The company is going to report earnings on Aug. 7.

He expects to see a technical resistance around $125 and he noticed a bull flag technical pattern on Roku's chart. To make a bullish trade, Gordon wants to use options.

He wants to buy the Aug. $115 call, sell two contracts of the Aug. $120 call and buy the Aug. $125 call. The trade would cost him around 34 cents. The trade breaks even at $120.34 and it can maximally make $4.66 if the stock jumps to $120 after earnings. Above $120, the profit starts to trail off and at $125, the trade loses 34 cents.
FWIW
JobSecurity
AG
It's right on the lower TL today. Need a bounce here. Watching it for a day trade today
gougler08
AG
Man MU has nose dived lately
cgh1999
AG
I was up huge on 8/9 calls. Was moments away from selling when Trump tweeted. Now...it's going to take a miracle to recover anything.
YNWA_AG
AG
I don't know if anyone of y'all look at r/Wallstreetbets for the entertainment value, but some guy turned 40k into 600k overall. 100k to 600k this week alone and he decides to go all in on 5000 SPY calls that expire today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ckycr2/600k_yolo_in_fds_expiring_tmrw_if_i_die_remember/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
ProgN
gougler08 said:

Man MU has nose dived lately
I shorted it at 48 but I already covered it for a trade. I will be going long if it hits 38-39 range.
Brewmaster
AG
are you long in SHMP? it seems to be in free fall mode.
First Page Last Page
Page 677 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.