Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,128 Views | 224561 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
foleyt said:

Oh my
Bonfire1996
AG
txagman1998 said:

This may be a better post for the Politics board, but I have to ask, is it possible that Trump is trying to force Fed Chair Powell's hand by announcing these tariffs one day after the Fed's "disappointing" 25bp rate cut?
No, it means China is signaling that they are going to gamble with our election system. They think our economy will slip enough that Trump will get beaten, and then they can return to status quo of winning the economic war against us.
IrishTxAggie
AG
TheVarian said:

foleyt said:

Oh my
I'm not trusting that twitter after looking into it some...
IrishTxAggie
AG
AVEO is propping my **** up!!
oldarmy1
AG
headed for 2943 gap
claym711
AG
claym711 said:

I have a custom indicator that tracks some things. The value it reached today has only been breached 3 other times in the past 4 years. February 2018 and October 2018. October 2018 is eerily similar in terms of range contraction at ATHs, and a spike down on Fed comments. Further, after a period of gap fading such as mid June through July, gap and go will take place. I expect volatility.

Ahem....
59 South
AG
Bye bye JD weeklies. Geez thanks Prez!
IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't think your custom indicator gets to take credit for Trump putting in another tariff.
pacecar02
I'm really having fun playing these sp runs to 3k and back down
no sig
J_Landes89
AG
Buying up 1/21 $5 NIO calls

Back below $.65
claym711
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I don't think your custom indicator gets to take credit for Trump putting in another tariff.

Uh huh, certainly no way to detect upcoming drops and pops right? What are you doing in this thread then?
IrishTxAggie
AG
claym711 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Uh huh, certainly no way to detect upcoming drops and pops right? What are you doing in this thread then?
You're saying that your indicator is going off of historical data and charting...but now you're saying that your indicator can predict POTUS. In that case, sign me the **** up!
Aggie_2463
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

You're saying that your indicator is going off of historical data and charting...but now you're saying that your indicator can predict POTUS. In that case, sign me the **** up!
While ya'll figure it out, can you pour one out for your homie's portfolio over here, then tell me what the indicator is saying to do for me to get my money back?
claym711
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Need something to blame for this volatility. Fed, Trump, Cloud cover, Mercury retrograde. Be mad all you want.
IrishTxAggie
AG
claym711 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Need something to blame for this volatility. Fed, Trump, Cloud cover, Mercury retrograde. Be mad all you want.

I'm not mad. I don't get mad at the market. I play it with the money I can afford to lose. But your assertion that your indicator called this is asinine. The market was creeping up to the the numbers per-Fed announcement until Trump's tariffs.
Post removed:
by user
mrad85
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

WLL found it's bottom at 11.5
It missed that super secret trap door below. lol

I'm just in for a small joy ride.

My timing might not have been the best here. Not blaming you or anything. I appreciate all your insight. I'm here to make a nickel and learn stuff from folks like you.

I can't help the fact that I can't pick winners from losers
YNWA_AG
AG
My indicators are showing that the increase in ice cream consumption has led to an increase in iPhone sales.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lets not forget that you chimed in with your custom indicator 5.5hrs after the fact and after the DJI had shed 300+ points. It's easy to claim a "I was right" after the fact. Where were you with this information before the fed announcement?
badharambe
AG
longing DUST here...as laid out per plan yesterday.
claym711
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Lets not forget that you chimed in with your custom indicator 5.5hrs after the fact and after the DJI had shed 300+ points. It's easy to claim a "I was right" after the fact. Where were you with this information before the fed announcement?

Haha. Who are you trying to prove wrong or right? I posted yesterday that the some of my code was pegging values hit only in Feb 2018 and Oct 2018, and to expect volatility upcoming. Today, thats exactly what happened. 30 point pop, 65 point drop.
EngrAg14
AG
claym711 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Haha. Who are you trying to prove wrong or right? I posted yesterday that the some of my code was pegging values hit only in Feb 2018 and Oct 2018, and to expect volatility upcoming. Today, thats exactly what happened. 30 point pop, 65 point drop.
He's getting at that 30 point pop your code could have indicated.
The 65 point drop had nothing do with market technicals or company gain/loss, not even real political moves.

It was a tweet. If you refute that claim then that's you own prerogative.
You want people on here to listen, then show the evidence such as OA has done before.

JobSecurity
AG
Some of these drops are ridiculous. BBY tanked down 10% in less than 15 minutes.
2percent
AG
i am just glad i took my profit this morning. i thank you guys for always reminding us that you can hold something too long.

My current motto is: If you haven't sold it- you haven't made any money.
cz308
What happens if I purchase stock today, or tomorrow and sell it next week? Penalties, tax forms, etc? Does this go back into the acct or are they sending me money? I could call Fidelity, but I'd probably get a better answer here. I've been with them a long time for my old 401k so figured I'd use them for stocks too.
59 South
AG
My algo triggers to buy when the resident perma bears post counts spike. We're half way there with Clay. Now just need SoupNazi to show up for the all in signal.
ProgN
Aggie_2463
AG
Man, is CX ever going to rebound....
Pignorant
AG
cz308 said:

What happens if I purchase stock today, or tomorrow and sell it next week? Penalties, tax forms, etc? Does this go back into the acct or are they sending me money? I could call Fidelity, but I'd probably get a better answer here. I've been with them a long time for my old 401k so figured I'd use them for stocks too.
You would pay short term (less than 12 months) capital gains tax.

Tax forms for all 2019 transactions are usually ready in February of 2020.
claym711
AG
Up, down - doesn't matter to me. Volatility though, is fantastic.
badharambe
AG
starting BAC here.
59 South
AG
claym711 said:

Up, down - doesn't matter to me. Volatility though, is fantastic.

Yes, that's something we should all agree upon if options trading!
mrad85
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Man, is CX ever going to rebound....
I'm spread out with next week, December, and 2021. They may all be too soon.
george_92
I'll put an end to this bullchit. I just bought 1000 shares of TVIX. That should get the market to go back green.

mrad85
AG
george_92 said:

I'll put an end to this bullchit. I just bought 1000 shares of TVIX. That should get the market to go back green.

I've got to get me some of those. Do you get a discount if you buy more than 1?
First Page Last Page
Page 676 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.