Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,961,255 Views | 231517 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by AgShaun00
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Big support at 5480ish /es from 6/25 and 7/1, and that would give us about a $7 range for the day. I'm lottoing xsp 547 puts and will look to flip to calls if we can tag 5480

Booyah
Heineken-Ashi
XOM is green today. Farmer probably have a nice glass of crude oil barrel aged scotch.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Chef Elko
AG
Shoutout to all my value stocks/ETFs!
nortex97
AG
Was hoping IWM would go under 220 today. Well, still hoping.

TSLA off 11 percent. Could it get back down to the 175 range again this year?
Heineken-Ashi
Chef Elko said:

Shoutout to all my value stocks/ETFs!
Except Lamb Weston

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Chef Elko
AG
Ouch! That's quite a haircut
Heineken-Ashi
nortex97 said:

Was hoping IWM would go under 220 today. Well, still hoping.

TSLA off 11 percent. Could it get back down to the 175 range again this year?
Certainly. $175-$200, if the top is in, is my next low range and where I will likely 3-4x my position for the next runup to $400+

Heineken-Ashi
Chef Elko said:

Ouch! That's quite a haircut
Apparently their CEO said during their call that fast food visits are way down since prices are so high. And they supply potatoes to McD's.

M4 Benelli
NostraProgdamus you bought in on SMCI yesterday. Did you end up adding today on earnings, or seeing where it tumbles further?

I scooped up a paltry 5 shares in the morn, looking to add further on a tumble.

nortex97
AG
APPN I know nothing about but some interesting insider buys.
Chef Elko
AG
Not a great thing to say on an earnings call, but if it's true and material, go ahead. I only eat at MCD a handful of times a year but I can for sure see price increases .
Heineken-Ashi
Chef Elko said:

Not a great thing to say on an earnings call, but if it's true and material, go ahead. I only eat at MCD a handful of times a year but I can for sure see price increases .
They also missed HUGE on earnings.

gougler08
AG
M4 Benelli said:

NostraProgdamus you bought in on SMCI yesterday. Did you end up adding today on earnings, or seeing where it tumbles further?

SMCI earnings are next week I though?
ProgN
M4 Benelli said:

I will be adding more today but I'm waiting for the last 7 minutes of the trading day. I suspect we'll get hit with some sizable MOC sells in the last 10 minutes. If we don't and SMCI is even higher then it is now, IDC because I planned to be heavy into it into their earnings. Idgas about it getting crushed today because it won't be down very long. Emotion is controlling the market today and I've been very profitable taking advantage of other's fear.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

M4 Benelli said:

SMCI earnings are next week I though?
8/6 AH

POWL is next week, 7/31 AH
Heineken-Ashi
Unless we get a rug pull before close, probably not pulling the trigger on SPY calls today. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Not in the game of guessing. Either it hits my lower target or I proof of a bottom.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My SMCI limit buy at $705 missed by 11 cents before bouncing. Ugh.
Chef Elko
AG
In for 10 shares!
Heineken-Ashi
MOC looks to be $700M to buy. Meh

Heineken-Ashi
Unscientific prediction. Tomorrow is measured move range day. Maybe slightly up. More selling Friday in SPX. We shall see.

ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

What time did that massive red SPY candle hit?
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

For daily candles, it happened at today o clock

hedge

ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Apologies, I meant to say, what time did that yuge SPY red candle hit on an intraday 5min chart.
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Apologies, I meant to say, what time did that yuge SPY red candle hit on an intraday 5min chart.
14:50?

El Chupacabra
F made a poopoo after hours.
EliteZags
AG
CMG opposite so far

also green candles for IBM, NOW, VKTX
El Chupacabra
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My SMCI limit buy at $705 missed by 11 cents before bouncing. Ugh.
My order for $695 triggered AH.

Now I am the owner of 2 whole shares.
tejas_ayanem
EliteZags said:

CMG opposite so far
Up 13% AH.
nancydeedavis
No preannouncement from SMCI means it's going to crater. Could see the bottom end of HA's predicted pricing.
JCB97
By the way, somebody asked about strong Israeli companies. Mediwound (MDWD) is another company that I've had some investing success with, also recommended by this same guy.

Although its not Israeli, and we may be scraping the bottom of the barrel, Turkcell (TKC) is a Turkish cell phone company that has had a really strong 2024. He recommended it but never bought shares. Apparently he has contacts in Turkey that speak highly about the future of this company.

I'll stop. I think I've already thrown enough at the wall...
gougler08
AG
nancydeedavis said:

No preannouncement from SMCI means it's going to crater. Could see the bottom end of HA's predicted pricing.
Not sure what you mean on this? Earnings are 2+ weeks away?
ProgN
nancydeedavis said:

They stopped preannouncing earnings last quarter and took a hit then too. It's Wall Street being pissy because they didn't get what they wanted. They could've used that release to allude to them missing earnings but they didn't, so I'm not shaken.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

nancydeedavis said:

Not sure what you mean on this? Earnings are 2+ weeks away?
They used to allude to what their earnings would be in the past but stopped that last quarter. It didn't help they issued a press release on the worst day of the markets for the year though. I consider it a nonissue.
nancydeedavis
I don't disagree this is not a great long term buy or they will smash earnings, however I feel with 2 weeks out from earnings and no preannouncement (again), we may get an even bigger dip to buy from due to the perception of no preannoucement.

Did SMCI specifically say they were no longer going to preannounce anything? If so I missed it. Where did they state it? Earnings call or PR release?
First Page Last Page
Page 6534 of 6615

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.