Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,086,623 Views | 224470 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by McInnis 03
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you loaded shares of JD under $30.20 I took some off at $30.95. I mainly went sept $32 calls and a cheap $30.50 weekly expiring today.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

Thoughts on selling MU covered calls up here? Not sure it can get through $45 in the short term
Tomorrow looks like resumption of trend unless this drone shootdown dusts up into something more than accepted retaliation. I think you are correct and would use any push above to take advantage of the premium for a $45 covered call out 2 weeks. Then if it fails back below $45 you'll know you caught the consolidation top.
It's at 45.60 in premarket...maybe I won't sell those covered calls just yet and see where it goes this morning
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

Thoughts on selling MU covered calls up here? Not sure it can get through $45 in the short term
Tomorrow looks like resumption of trend unless this drone shootdown dusts up into something more than accepted retaliation. I think you are correct and would use any push above to take advantage of the premium for a $45 covered call out 2 weeks. Then if it fails back below $45 you'll know you caught the consolidation top.
It's at 45.60 in premarket...maybe I won't sell those covered calls just yet and see where it goes this morning

You could always sell the covered calls of it sinks back under, setting up more of a confirmed resistance. I like selling premium into pops. Move up a dollar if you think continuation is happening.
Colt98
AG
Answering 2 questions with one post. Youre on a roll this mornIng
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

You could always sell the covered calls of it sinks back under, setting up more of a confirmed resistance. I like selling premium into pops. Move up a dollar if you think continuation is happening.
SOOOOOO What did you decide to do with MU???
gougler08
AG
Worked through the opening so holding a bit now...stupid work getting in the way
Brewmaster
AG
IBM - would like to get some to hold long, but at this point would you all wait for a better entry? Has gone up a bunch last 24 hours.
Colt98
AG
So would bynd aug 2 180's be worth a look here?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Worked through the opening so holding a bit now...stupid work getting in the way
With market action I would have been selling covered calls into that opening and be satisfied if it rises, being up so much already.....but when it drops a dollar that fast I'd buy back 50% of those covered calls making a nice gain and if it rises anywhere close place them again.
oldarmy1
AG
Let's go JD!
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Let's go JD!
I had sold some 31.5 puts last week and was expecting to get assigned those shares...that may not happen if it keeps running
gougler08
AG
Did end up selling Jul 26 covered calls when it got back to 45.10 to at least get some of the premium back...
oldarmy1
AG
Let's get an engulfing reversal candle on WORK please.
oldarmy1
AG
2995.11 is gap fill level on S&P. Really don't want to see under 3000 more than a flash, to maintain momentum on some shares like JD
oldarmy1
AG
Come on JNPR...ENGAGE!!!
Trolley Problems
oldarmy1 said:

Come on JNPR...ENGAGE!!!

LEGGO! What's your target?
oldarmy1
AG
JD weekly expiring $31 Puts under a nickel against shares or even further out calls not a bad drop of 4 cents per share or $4 per put option as a "just in case something blows up out there.
oldarmy1
AG
ENT moving
oldarmy1
AG
Obvious tight range JNPR is wanting to see markets give continuation before breaking higher. Tight channel idling which is fine with the time we have on the calls but would become a killer if markets go sideways versus continue trend.
gougler08
AG
SUM has a great bull flag forming
oldarmy1
AG
WORK

Squeezed some weak shorts and now back to even.
gougler08
AG
I know some of you guys like WORK...thoughts on selling Aug 16 35 puts, premium is at $3.40 for an entry point?
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

I know some of you guys like WORK...thoughts on selling Aug 16 35 puts, premium is at $3.40 for an entry point?
If this move is some bottom capitulation then great but you're only gaining 60-70 cents if it hangs here....and if it continues to drop you lose that. I'd prefer to see it above $33 and THEN lay on the $35 calls
Aggie_2463
AG
OSTK back to 17.70
gougler08
AG
Hey SPX...you closed that gap, you can go ahead and wake up now
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

Hey SPX...you closed that gap, you can go ahead and wake up now
oldarmy1
AG
We did it!
gougler08
Aggie_2463
AG
What's the feel for CX. I bought in the $4 range, but it's been slowly falling the last few months.
YNWA_AG
AG
Pretty sure OA would buy them off you at this price
jmcfar_98
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

What's the feel for CX. I bought in the $4 range, but it's been slowly falling the last few months.
Earnings are scheduled for next Thursday. Let's wait and see what the numbers are.
mrad85
AG
CHK taking a huge dump right now.

and no, I have no vested interest in CHK other than about $500..wait...$300 ..wait..$250
JobSecurity
AG
Bynd goooo
Brewmaster
AG
MSFT over IBM if I want to go long in one vs the other?
EngrAg14
AG
BREwmaster said:

MSFT over IBM if I want to go long in one vs the other?
MSFT

Much larger and diverse company. At least in my mind, IBM isn't the same as it was 10-20 years ago.
Plus huge military contract has MSFT/AMZN in finals IBM was already pushed out with Oracle as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 652 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.