Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,523,011 Views | 226055 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by waryman
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

EliteZags said:

I'd be at 4 figure loss on PLTR instead of 6 figure gain

To be fair, that stock showed a reversal and has made a series of higher highs. Adding to SNOW where I did, it had made lower highs and lows. Certainly not a risk free strategy.
was adding weekly throughout the 2 year straight tumble from 30 to 6 with zero signs of reversal/highs

rocked this shirt at the Newport Beach International Boat Show this past wkd

on top of this thing

ProgN
I believe that your patience and position building reward has only just begun. You've proven that the short term volatility doesn't scare you and that's good. PLTR is a stealth AI play and a very good company. I love their CEO too, especially what he said about short sellers live on CNBC. I LMFAO.

ETA:
EliteZags
AG
always crack up at his repeated public s*** talking on competitors' powerpoints and steak dinners instead of products that provide actual value
Heineken-Ashi
GreasenUSA said:

ProgN said:

I make an occasional day trade here and there if I see a ripe setup, but I'm a momentum trader at my core so my timeframes differ. I don't post my day trades because I'm hyper aggressive and those will usually be in options. If I lose on the trade I just call myself a dumbass, but I don't want to be the reason anyone here blows up their account because they put too much trust in me. Honestly, I'd feel their pain and I'm just too old for that *****
Yep, I see you posting that sentiment a lot.

I have a very systematic approach that I need to eventually code as much as possible. It's boring, and not compatible with posting trades here. I try to help out around the edges when I can on this thread. So that tends to be whenever I can provide any psychological-type insight, usually.

You're very good and I always listen when you post.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
GreasenUSA
AG
Thank you!

Unrelated to trading, I was having a pretty crummy evening, and your kind note just lifted me up.

El_duderino
Right out of the gates just doesn't hold back. I can just imagine his reaction seeing short sellers getting crushed

Heineken-Ashi
If PLTR is going to get one more high, it will be the $31 gap fill. I just don't think it's likely at this time. I think it sees sub $20 and maybe even $15 before it sees a new high. Hope I'm wrong for those of you invested. I exited over a month ago and am waiting for re-entry.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
ProgN
Aggressive traders put SNAP short near the top of your list.
El_duderino
I see it had a death cross a couple weeks ago, but are you expecting soft guidance or a miss across the board on earnings?
bmoochie
AG
Don't they always tank after earnings? feels like that's been the trend.
confucius_ag
AG
Is it me or is there just very low volume almost across the board?
nortex97
AG
Yep, on all the indices that's what I see. And even the ones that opened 'hot' like meta and TSLA are dropping. I think this will be a pretty pivotal day in the markets.
Heineken-Ashi
I'm strongly leaning to META $450 post earnings.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Look out below...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
EliteZags said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

EliteZags said:

I'd be at 4 figure loss on PLTR instead of 6 figure gain

To be fair, that stock showed a reversal and has made a series of higher highs. Adding to SNOW where I did, it had made lower highs and lows. Certainly not a risk free strategy.
was adding weekly throughout the 2 year straight tumble from 30 to 6 with zero signs of reversal/highs

rocked this shirt at the Newport Beach International Boat Show this past wkd

on top of this thing

Brewmaster
AG
have you (or others here chime in), looked at real estate prices and compared that to inflation? I found a real estate price index and looked at the 70's and 80's (where inflation took off).

1975 to 1983 was MORE than a 2x increase in home values in Texas. Home prices are also already up a ton since Covid, no idea what we are in for!

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/TXSTHPI
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh. Had a buy for NVDA at $800.05. Missed the bottom by 55 cents.
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

have you (or others here chime in), looked at real estate prices and compared that to inflation? I found a real estate price index and looked at the 70's and 80's (where inflation took off).

1975 to 1983 was MORE than a 2x increase in home values in Texas. Home prices are also already up a ton since Covid, no idea what we are in for!

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/TXSTHPI
Average size of home has gotten bigger since then I would imagine. And supply has not kept up with population growth pushing the % of homeowners down. So I can believe that.

But a correction is coming in real estate. Porbably not 2008 style.. more drawn out. A deleveraging.

Talon2DSO
AG
This spy bounce was unexpected.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ugh. Had a buy for NVDA at $800.05. Missed the bottom by 55 cents.
Coming back down? Upped my limit to $802.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wonder if volume stays low until tomorrow's AH earnings onslaught.
Spoony Love
AG
I\m wondering if that means any expected beats or misses are already cooked in. Investors are where they want to be and no real movement off earnings. But really, my gut says it about investors being ready to react.
flashplayer
AG
Monday and Tuesday dead cat bounce leading into the Thursday/Friday toilet flush.
Heineken-Ashi
HTZ - might pop to $7 on earnings. If not, I expect flush to $5 for bottom.

Heineken-Ashi
Just bought my TSLA $140 put back for 15% of its value. Booked $730 profit in 3 days.

Spoony Love
AG
That's a good call out. SPY daily chart shows the 21SMA about to cross the 50SMA. A flush on Thursday could do it.
bmoochie
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Just bought my TSLA $140 put back for 15% of its value. Booked $730 profit in 3 days.
That's it?? kidding! I made money this am on TSLA calls. See, I can trade it both ways lol
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll take a sideways day. Things get interesting now.
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

Ag CPA
AG
I guess that the Year of Efficiency at Meta is over, those Nvidia chips aren't cheap.
Heineken-Ashi
Right before close I could have bought META $450 Friday puts for $6 each. Would currently be worth $15+ right now. I chickened out.

confucius_ag
AG
I bought 505P at the close out to Monday
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

McInnis 03
AG
confucius_ag said:

I bought 505P at the close out to Monday
Fortune Cookies for everyone!
bmoochie
AG
Big move on META but we have now entered gap territory. look for continuation on this as we fill that gap and i bet we could find some cheap weeklies shortly after open and the premium crush to capitalize on.
First Page Last Page
Page 6413 of 6459

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.