Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,861 Views | 224602 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by McInnis 03
JobSecurity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
interested to see how this works out, because coinbase was valued at 8 billion in 2018
JobSecurity
AG
See if this does anything to FB tomorrow...

IrishTxAggie
AG
Welp... OSTK is about to go on sale again.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Trump effect....

On another note - Futures up over 7 for what will be Day 4 positive move? We get a positive day then TWTR, JD and others that held serve last few days might get a surge.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Give me RTN $180
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Trump effect....

On another note - Futures up over 7 for what will be Day 4 positive move? We get a positive day then TWTR, JD and others that held serve last few days might get a surge.

I really want to go heavy on SPY 302/303 calls for 7/17 or 7/19 but I'm afraid of a tweet over the weekend its be too long without one.. or any trade new besides the G20 leadup and G20 itself.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Give me RTN $180
Ye shall have it!
IrishTxAggie
AG
If it looks like we'll close 1.5-2 over 3000 tomorrow, I'll be looking at some SPY puts
JobSecurity
AG
Still early but all those worthless LPSN calls I've averaged down might be trying to make a move. One week left

Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

was holding 100 shares of OSTK, but maybe not now!

maybe Trump was looking to buy back in via his tweets, lol.
Ag13
AG
Trump's tweets didn't crash the bitcoin price. What's the thinking that OSTK is going to go way down as a result of the tweets?
Brewmaster
AG
Ag13 said:

Trump's tweets didn't crash the bitcoin price. What's the thinking that OSTK is going to go way down as a result of the tweets?
It has run into the narrow end of a wedge, highs and lows getting tighter and tighter. So it's due to reverse, but will that be up or down?

oldarmy1
AG
COOP earnings estimate upped......almost could here it resonating off the 11th green.

https://mayfieldrecorder.com/2019/07/12/mr-cooper-group-inc-nasdaqcoop-expected-to-earn-fy2019-earnings-of-1-55-per-share.html
oldarmy1
AG
TRNX extension to September 19th for compliance of $1/share. Not a lot of time even though they are doubling revenue month over month. Doubtful that is enough to get them there by then, so if they do a reverse split I'm selling - and then I'll short the ever-loving heck out of the diluted post-split price.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Think they'll R/S or take the delisting?
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Think they'll R/S or take the delisting?
From reading that I would lean towards them doing a reverse split if not compliant.

They have to stay above $1 for 20 consecutive days on or before Sept 19th. Imagine it being September 18th and shares are at $1.01 and its been above $1 for 19 days. Every seller could cash in below there knowing the big long holders will not risk delisting OR a reverse split. Seen it happen two times over the years and one failed while the other held. Fun stuff to watch.

Meanwhile this means the shorts get no shade to push lower so we have a bit of a rally going on.
Premium
AG
So are the feds going to lower rates? If so, will this thing shoot up another thousand or two points?
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK pennant. Last two resulted in a big move upward.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Premium said:

So are the feds going to lower rates? If so, will this thing shoot up another thousand or two points?
Powell's talk in front of Congress made it seem like a cut was imminent, but it won't be official until the end of the month when the fed meets
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

TRNX extension to September 19th for compliance of $1/share. Not a lot of time even though they are doubling revenue month over month. Doubtful that is enough to get them there by then, so if they do a reverse split I'm selling - and then I'll short the ever-loving heck out of the diluted post-split price.
Is that the reason for the AH rise?
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

yes - shorts were hoping no extension so they could bury it. Double your money from $0.25 to $0.125 plans went out the window for now so they cover because they have ungodly gains over the year they don't want to lose.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

yes - shorts were hoping no extension so they could bury it. Double your money from $0.25 to $0.125 plans went out the window for now so they cover because they have ungodly gains over the year they don't want to lose.
Thanks again to you and the other regulars for helping to understand why things happen.
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Thanks again to you and the other regulars for helping to understand why things happen.
Well to continue on this current event it usually begins pre market and the shorts actually shoot the stock up to a level they feel they can get all the other holders to get ancy and sell thus sending the stock down for them to be able to cover. So its a parabola of them and maybe squeeze starting the move and then ironically the shorts push it when they see big volume crescendo and then immediately reverse course hoping some volume upside holds it near peak for as long as possible to dump those shares and accelerate it then downward to get people selling. Usually that results in finding an equitable amount of buyers and sellers where they then can be covering. Looks like support but it isn't which is why it stair steps down. Obviously they want it to go lower, so they test to see if it will and set up shop each level down.

Now when it gets interesting is when that strategy gets punched in the face by short squeeze masters. Saw this on QCOM.
CheladaAg
AG
oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

IMO, TRNX should just take their lumps and not do another R/S. Investors would appreciate that TRNX preserve market value than to meet the $1.00 hurdle for listing, only to follow by another immediate panic selloff and risk falling below $1 again. Just wouldn't make sense to me if they did this.

I'm in another stock that was in a similar boat with the decision to R/S for compiance, they decided it was best not to R/S for the sake of investor confidence and the stock has been on the right trajectory since.
jmcfar_98
AG
OA - Would it make sense to try and buy more TRNX at $0.22 to lower our cost basis below $1.00 just in case it can't make it? I'm already under $1.00 but was curious for the other people. Thanks in advance.
oldarmy1
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

OA - Would it make sense to try and buy more TRNX at $0.22 to lower our cost basis below $1.00 just in case it can't make it? I'm already under $1.00 but was curious for the other people. Thanks in advance.
Nope...it's all or nothing in my book
oldarmy1
AG
JD hit $31 and I bought a bunch of $31 calls at 11-12 cents yesterday, so I sold 100% of my shares against those calls and now either call out the shares thus helping the price by taking away peoples covered call shares OR if JD drops today I am golden.

THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY TO WIN
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
WDAY calls @ target
oldarmy1
AG
WDAY - There's your $4
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
OA,

Any opinion on DOCU. Currently at the top of a descending channel formed since April. Still above 50 and 200 MA
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
DE breaking out of that little bull flag?
ProgN
SFIX upgraded to buy from neutral.
JobSecurity
AG
BMY breaking down. Bought puts
oldarmy1
AG
gotsand said:

OA,

Any opinion on DOCU. Currently at the top of a descending channel formed since April. Still above 50 and 200 MA
It breaks up above $54, and not a flash, then its going to move. See if macro markets predictably pullback after the opening pop and get engaged with buyijng for a real rally or if it fades on day 4 and ends the current upward move.
First Page Last Page
Page 641 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.