Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,991,303 Views | 228046 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by EliteZags
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UNFI right in buy territory (low 11.60's), has to hold this trend line though.
Pepper Brooks
AG
That's been discussed ad nauseam on other threads. I'm not sure cluttering the stock thread with that debate makes sense.

Read Layered Money if you're seriously interested in understanding why people think BTC is valuable.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

what is bitcoin backed by though? if it were backed by a hard asset like gold, I'd have more belief in it. For the record, I'm equally bearish on the dollar, currently backed by air.
It's backed by confidence in it, same as the dollar.

The difference is that it has a limited supply, anyone can buy or sell it across ALL borders, and all transactions are fully transparent.

People in third world countries are using BTC to break away from the hold that the US and EU have over their local currencies. They can't do that with gold and silver, and certainly not financial instruments. When the US enacts monetary policy, countries reliant on our dollars are the first to be devalued. But if people are keeping their wealth in BTC, the only thing that affects them is BTC.

Now.. it is absolutely open to market sentiment like anything else that's widely trading hands. It WILL go down again, maybe even a lot.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Officially not trading FOMC.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
EnronAg
AG
fade it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy crap
El_duderino
3 cuts expected and everything melts up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My TNA dip buys looking mighty fine right now.
Heineken-Ashi
Can still be faded. Need 5205 to get blasted through, then 5220.

EngrAg14
AG
Did the agenda or something get leaked?
M4 Benelli
EnronAg said:

fade it

It's the same story every time.
Heineken-Ashi
EngrAg14 said:

Did the agenda or something get leaked?
Announcement is always at 1pm CT, followed by Powell blabber at 1:30

Heineken-Ashi
If S&P can close at 5120 today we will have an ugly bearish engulfing candle. Something to watch.

EnronAg
AG
Powell will run his mouth sounding way too dovish and send to ATH...
Heineken-Ashi
1 min candles suggest this moves higher. But I don't normally rely on 1mins

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still fade?
Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Still fade?
Still sidelines for me

EnronAg
AG
correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the market has melted up during his speech and Q&A over the past year or so...
El_duderino
SPY flipped and respecting the 50 ema and vwap as support now on the 5 minute
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Serious tug of war going on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bulls pulling away...
confucius_ag
AG
Lift off
Brewmaster
AG
6000 by the election, LOL

UNFI - I added some in the 11.80's. some bigger buys came in. and as long as we hold that trend line around 11.55, all good.

SNOW - now has good volume on the Apr 200C's. 12,000+ OI
Bonfire.1996
Powell Q&A is laying the groundwork for a June rate cut despite higher inflation and despite strong job and wage growth.

Incredible
El_duderino
Fib extension 100% target for POWL is right there at our $120 level
Heineken-Ashi
TSLA April puts I sold at $160 for $9.00 can be bought back for 40% of value. Think I will hold though.

Heineken-Ashi
Bonfire.1996 said:

Powell Q&A is laying the groundwork for a June rate cut despite higher inflation and despite strong job and wage growth.

Incredible
I promise you, only way they cut is if treasury rates break lower.. think 10y under 3.5%.

Until then, its more one month one side of mouth next month the other side.

Ccutamu
Heineken.... Big Lots is curling back up. Is it back in play in your opinion? It up 8.7% on relatively low volume so far today.
Heineken-Ashi
Ccutamu said:

Heineken.... Big Lots is curling back up. Is it back in play in your opinion? It up 8.7% on relatively low volume so far today.
Off my radar. Quick glance, you could play for $6. Stop below recent bottom.

Ccutamu
Heineken-Ashi said:

Ccutamu said:

Off my radar. Quick glance, you could play for $6. Stop below recent bottom.
Thanks.
jamey
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

If S&P can close at 5120 today we will have an ugly bearish engulfing candle. Something to watch.

Are these chart formations self fulfilling prophecies because everyone watching them puts merit into them and acts accordingly or is there some natural order or statistical reason they exist, or a little of both?
Heineken-Ashi
jamey said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Are these chart formations self fulfilling prophecies because everyone watching them puts merit into them and acts accordingly or is there some natural order or statistical reason they exist, or a little of both?
More just pattern recognition. It obviously didn't happen.

A bearish engulfing candle is not a guarantee. But more times than not, a daily candle that completely overtakes the open and close of the previous day and finishing below the previous days close is a strong sign of exhaustion and trend reversal. It's a thing because it's commonly been a thing. Nothing more.

I do not think anything is self-fulfilling. Markets are made of a wide array of sentiment. Sentiment is trackable to an extent. But it will almost always act in what appears to be an irrational way. In the end, if you think the market is being irrational, it is you who have identified the wrong pattern and are yourself being irrational.

Heineken-Ashi
URA, stop can be moved to $27.50. If bullish, it truly shouldn't see lower than $28.

Number Monkey
AG
Nice call on URA, Heineken. Appreciate you sharing your insights with us!
ProgN
I'm not in it but it appears $MU crushed earnings.
First Page Last Page
Page 6372 of 6516

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.