Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,948,090 Views | 227827 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ProgN said:

For our buy and hold clubhouse gang, put $AIQ on your watch list.

Global X Artificial Intelligence & Technology ETF (AIQ) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance

It's an ETF that invests in the largest players in AI. It's not sexy and exciting but if you want a safer and affordable way to participate in AI growth, then this is an excellent option. I think you could get it under $30 if the market rolls over, but if you have long term time horizon and don't want to take a chance of waiting, then buy it. For those of you that book trading profits into LT holds, then this is also an excellent place to park some profits.

After watching the Jensen Huang interview this morning, it's my opinion that we're at the beginning of a massive move forward for society and these companies will be the leaders.

Thanks! for those of us not in the day trading business it's great to see some long term buy and hold options. NVDIA is my top holding in my private brokerage so will sell some of that and grab some AIQ to diversify.

come on SuperMicro!~
bigtoneag
AG
RenoAg said:

I interrupt this thread with possible breaking news. WWR reported .04/share profit. Did I read that wrong? Time to report to drug testing?
Unfortunately not related to any sales revenue.

They settled some legal stuff and wrote off a big accrual.

Arbitration Against Republic of Turkey

On December 7, 2023, the Company accepted a payment from the Republic of Turkey in the amount of $3.1 million as complete, final, and full settlement of the matters at issue in the arbitration proceeding between the Company and the Republic of Turkey. The Company recognized a gain of $3.1 million related to the payment received as Gain on settlement within its Consolidated Statements of Operations for the year ended December 31, 2023.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm interested to know what the root of your criticisms are. I assume you don't have a high opinion of BTC as an asset, money, investment, etc. based on your comments.

-Is Saylor a "scoundrel" because of your opinion of BTC?
-Are you OK with BTC but think his use of leverage to buy it is irresponsible?
-Something else?
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
giddings_ag_06
AG
Blade Air taking off
confucius_ag
AG
bigtoneag said:

RenoAg said:

I interrupt this thread with possible breaking news. WWR reported .04/share profit. Did I read that wrong? Time to report to drug testing?
Unfortunately not related to any sales revenue.

They settled some legal stuff and wrote off a big accrual.

Arbitration Against Republic of Turkey

On December 7, 2023, the Company accepted a payment from the Republic of Turkey in the amount of $3.1 million as complete, final, and full settlement of the matters at issue in the arbitration proceeding between the Company and the Republic of Turkey. The Company recognized a gain of $3.1 million related to the payment received as Gain on settlement within its Consolidated Statements of Operations for the year ended December 31, 2023.
Quickly running out of cash. going to have to secure some financing soon.
Heineken-Ashi
Bought SMCI. Stop $862. Target $990.

Bearish bounce play. I need to see over $1,000 with continuation over $1,050 to feel confident another low isn't coming.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
nancydeedavis
POWL very close to Model T ($137.08) off that huge 3 month run.
Heineken-Ashi
If this market just screws around all day in a tight range, it will be hard to go long on SPY.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
BaylorSpineGuy
Generally suspicious of BTC. But that's my preference.

Don't like the idea of leveraging debt to buy a volatile/risk asset. Downside risk to the investor - I am not one and am a pleasant onlooker.

I believe Saylor holds the distinction of being first individual to lose $1B in a single day - heard/read that somewhere but can't recall exactly where.

I'm skeptical of the guy. Time will prove me right or wrong. But enjoying this one from the sidelines without a position in either direction.
ProgN

ETA: Since it's quiet I tried to post a funny meme to break the monotony.
Brewmaster
AG
SNOW going ham my calls are up bigly, will trim before Fed. Also, forming a megaphone up this morning, could run some more very soon.

BLDE didn't quite fill that gap, but I guess it didn't care about 3 cents.
TriumphForks
AG
Just sold my WWR. Biggest loss I've ever taken.

Remaining WWR holders, prepare for blastoff. You are welcome.
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

If this market just screws around all day in a tight range, it will be hard to go long on SPY.
VIX has me the most concerned... near the bottom of this range, could easily pop upwards.

spud1910
AG
If you get a chance, any new thoughts on CORZ and warrants? Just continue to hold?
AgEng06
AG
I watched SNOW all day yesterday after you posted and was mad I didn't get in when it was around 1.10.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I can't comment about his prior professional behavior as he didn't hit my radar until MSTR. However, I think offering existing shareholders a Dutch auction before he started buying BTC was considerate. IIRC the stock was around $120/share and he offered to buy out anyone who wasn't on board at $140/share, or somewhere around there.

His actions since then have been consistent with his convictions so it's hard for me to say he's done anything not above board.

Time will tell if he's a genius or a fool.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
gigemJTH12
AG
TriumphForks said:

What was your cost? I can't imagine selling right now. It's already worthless to me. I have no choice but to hold
Nagler
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

TriumphForks said:

What was your cost? I can't imagine selling right now. It's already worthless to me. I have no choice but to hold

I'm riding this son ***** to the ground or to the moon. No inbetween.
gigemJTH12
AG
Same here. Let's go Moon!

If that sucker ever hits $15 I'm gonna pay for one of my kids college with it.
bigtoneag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Conf. Call was a snoozer. One question about the timing of securing financing and that was it.
AgEng06
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

My issues is that when/if it starts climbing, I don't know how long I can hold it. Once it climbs out of this hole the temptation to get out is going to be big...
Heineken-Ashi
spud1910 said:

If you get a chance, any new thoughts on CORZ and warrants? Just continue to hold?
We're around a month away from halving. This miner weakness was expected going into halving. I'm for sure holding.

spud1910
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

spud1910 said:

We're around a month away from halving. This miner weakness was expected going into halving. I'm for sure holding.
Thank you. Warrants are new for me so making sure I hadn't missed something.
ravingfans
AG
AgEng06 said:

I watched SNOW all day yesterday after you posted and was mad I didn't get in when it was around 1.10.
$1.10 from June 2022?
AgEng06
AG
The April 19th 180c he posted yesterday were $1.10 when he posted. They were $2.20 this morning.
Number Monkey
AG
Well that was a wild ride for like 1.5 hours lol. On to the next!
Heineken-Ashi
Number Monkey said:

Well that was a wild ride for like 1.5 hours lol. On to the next!
I moved my stop up to my entry price once it got to $880 and was quickly stopped. I'm just extremely risk adverse playing this with 100 shares. And I'm worried about the $830 level still being a downside target.

ravingfans
AG
AgEng06 said:

The April 19th 180c he posted yesterday were $1.10 when he posted. They were $2.20 this morning.
Doh! looked right past the decimal place
Chef Elko
AG
Sold all WWR trading shares bought at $0.47-$0.48. Keeping all my bag holding shares.

I'll say it, WWR will never be a thing and has zero chance of reaching $10/share. Nobody should ever buy it or ever lower cost basis as it falls. They will never receive funding to develop the Coosa mine and will never ramp up graphite refining.

(Trying a reverse jinx, be patient)
Brewmaster
AG
AgEng06 said:

well if Fed gives us a pull back you guys will get another entry on SNOW. and honestly it's up a bunch in 24 hours, so you may get it either way.
Heineken-Ashi
MARA - needs over $23.50 for me to start considering bullish path. But nothing is confirmed until $30 is taken out unfortunately. Under that level and I'm looking for at least one more low to the $10 - $14 range.

Heineken-Ashi
Market literally doing nothing until FED. Dangerous.

Triangle would only play out with a drop AFTER Fed announcement. And because support is 5120 range on a drop with potential to reverse quickly and get new highs, I just don't see a way to play this that isn't pure gambling. I'll be on the sidelines today unless we get a clear bounce off 5120 before close. If that happens, might buy some weekly expiring SPY $515's for under a dollar. Good luck to all.

exp
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Generally suspicious of BTC. But that's my preference.

Don't like the idea of leveraging debt to buy a volatile/risk asset. Downside risk to the investor - I am not one and am a pleasant onlooker.

I believe Saylor holds the distinction of being first individual to lose $1B in a single day - heard/read that somewhere but can't recall exactly where.

I'm skeptical of the guy. Time will prove me right or wrong. But enjoying this one from the sidelines without a position in either direction.

It's important to study Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a risk asset in the eyes of it's investors and holders. It's the safest asset on earth right now. Bitcoin ripping is a flight to safety.
TheVarian
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Bought SMCI. Stop $862. Target $990.

Bearish bounce play. I need to see over $1,000 with continuation over $1,050 to feel confident another low isn't coming.
Brewmaster
AG
what is bitcoin backed by though? if it were backed by a hard asset like gold, I'd have more belief in it. For the record, I'm equally bearish on the dollar, currently backed by air.
First Page Last Page
Page 6371 of 6510

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.