Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,000,216 Views | 224169 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OSTK with the mirror move coming off bottom. This happens a lot on a stock that reached its lows, makes initial move up and then mirrors the left side of the cup. In short - Don't bail on OSTK 100% because current action is nothing.

oldarmy1
AG
Mad at JPM. My $113 calls were a week early.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Mad at JPM. My $113 calls were a week early.
Me too.
oldarmy1
AG
500 OSTK Jan 19 $15 calls
badharambe
AG
Quote:

full disclosure, I am still in ALPP, .0147 average. relatively small investment of just 142k shares...lol

Dumped my first 1/5 of shares for .025. Still got 113k

would really like to see .03x's tomorrow but may not be til next week
IrishTxAggie
AG
I know it's a short week, but the RTN $172.5 weeklys could be a nice play for those interested in taking a look.
I'M SANDBOX B****!!! I'M 250 MILLION DOLLARS!!
oldarmy1
AG
Sheesh just go ahead and fill the dang gap S&P. You're only 10 points away now.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Sheesh just go ahead and fill the dang gap S&P. You're only 10 points away now.
You too MU
badharambe
AG
looks like this whole we gonna be very slow. everyone at the hamptons / lake houses. (except us poors)

onto crypto trading! Alts look healthy.
Lavender Gooms
AG
If you don't mind me picking your brain a bit as I'm trying to learn more about options and puts. Using you as an example, you buy a put for $0.35/share, and that gives you the ability to sell 100 shares at $40/share of MU before the end date? Let's say MU drops to $37/share sometime this week, now what do you do? Do you have to be already holding shares of MU for this to work?
gougler08
AG
Lavender Gooms said:

If you don't mind me picking your brain a bit as I'm trying to learn more about options and puts. Using you as an example, you buy a put for $0.35/share, and that gives you the ability to sell 100 shares at $40/share of MU before the end date? Let's say MU drops to $37/share sometime this week, now what do you do? Do you have to be already holding shares of MU for this to work?
You can sell the put to close it out for the new value (which would be quite high in that example since you have the true value difference of $3 and there would be some time value to it as well). Most of us don't actually action the puts/calls, we sell them at a certain point and pocket the premium
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OSTK with the mirror move coming off bottom. This happens a lot on a stock that reached its lows, makes initial move up and then mirrors the left side of the cup. In short - Don't bail on OSTK 100% because current action is nothing.

I'm in OSTK at $13.10. Holding back 50% in case we touch mid $12s to enter fully
Lavender Gooms
AG
I see, so now that $40 put contract (sorry if that's not to proper terminology) that got purchased earlier this week is much more valuable because you can sell it to someone which gives them the ability to sell the stock (now worth $37/share) for $40/share? So it puts a premium on the put, correct? I didn't realize you can sell the put contracts as well as selling the actual stock shares. Thanks!
rgag12
AG
TWTR is making a go at it
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I know it's a short week, but the RTN $172.5 weeklys could be a nice play for those interested in taking a look.

Ended up in these at .575 avg
Aggie_2463
AG
Ok OSTK when I said mid $12s I didn't mean I actually wanted you to flash there lol
gougler08
AG
Lavender Gooms said:

I see, so now that $40 put contract (sorry if that's not to proper terminology) that got purchased earlier this week is much more valuable because you can sell it to someone which gives them the ability to sell the stock (now worth $37/share) for $40/share? So it puts a premium on the put, correct? I didn't realize you can sell the put contracts as well as selling the actual stock shares. Thanks!
Yep, that's the good part of options is that you don't ever have to own the underlying shares, but they will also move up and down much more aggressively and can go from a profit to loss very quickly.

I'd recommend just buying one that OA or someone else recommends to get the feel of how they work (it's how I had to do it)
IrishTxAggie
AG
Lavender Gooms said:

Watch the videos on this website to help you familiarize yourself. Take baby steps into options until you're more familiar with them.

https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/learn
Lavender Gooms
AG
Thanks for the link! Definitely will check it out!
Ragoo
AG
RBC downgrades ROKU
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3475223
gougler08
AG
That's dumb
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm honestly not surprised. Just considering the run up of 200% in 6 months alone. Just consider it a buying opportunity. I think it will get oversold today and I'll be looking at calls 2 weeks out
Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3475223
analyst call stock over valued but recommends buying on any major pull back, stock drops 3%

Big wtf
IrishTxAggie
AG
They want a new entry for their clients?
rgag12
AG
Yep, I've been waiting for it to get in the 80s for seems like a couple weeks now.
Ragoo
AG
Certainly comes across as intended market manipulation.

If the stock is over valued today, it was way over valued 2 weeks ago and it was over valued a month ago. So then what is the point of the article today?
59 South
AG
Ragoo said:

If the stock is over valued today, it was way over valued 2 weeks ago and it was over valued a month ago. So then what is the point of the article today?

Just means it's time to enter in the 80s if not already entered. They must want more shares at a discount.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

I never understand why analysts do what they do. I just hope I don't get caught on the wrong side of the hit piece.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm pretty sure there are people in here that picked ROKU up in the high 20s and low 30s not too long ago
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

I'm pretty sure there are people in here that picked ROKU up in the high 20s and low 30s not too long ago
Bought 100 shares @31 in my son's college account and he's about to turn 4 so I'm holding it way long term.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Did anyone here follow this? Because you're about to get paid.

Well maybe not yet. Pre-market price didn't hold
59 South
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Yep, my average is in the low/mid 40s.
gougler08
AG
JD trying to go again
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

JD trying to go again
Bought $31 puts at .15
First Page Last Page
Page 623 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.