Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,759 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by sts7049
FriskyGardenGnome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redsox34 said:

For people trading commodity stocks, any reason why you don't just trade the underlying commodity via futures?
Speaking personally, I enjoy sleeping at night.
aggieland09
AG
AgShaun00 said:

What are everyone's gold/commodity stocks?

I have CEF, GDX, GOLD, SA, SAND, SPOXF MAG, NEM, PPLT, and VALE
RIO
Aggie_2463
AG
TEUM down almost 8% on a green day.....
CheladaAg
AG
OA, what are your thoughts on TLRY? It has been on a run lately.
gougler08
AG
SUM may try to get through $18 again soon
IrishTxAggie
AG
Guess Trump didn't like the gold price movement

oldarmy1
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Technical breakout and it tends to make massive runs. If it gets above $65 I'd be all over it with Puts/Short sells
jmcfar_98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Technical breakout and it tends to make massive runs. If it gets above $65 I'd be all over it with Puts/Short sells

I think you click the wrong reply? I'm sure you're talking about TLRY not TEUM. Correct?
Drawkcab
I guess I've been under a rock, but I just learned about the Apple Card about to be released backed by Goldman Sachs. Think it will help Goldman stock much?
leoj
AG
Quote:

Square $SQ settled +2.4% at $74.42, notably above gap resistance and the 200dma. Arguably, even the bolder bears will have bailed today, as there is now empty air to the 82/83s. Superior alt: $PYPL @SimonDiceSun
@permabear_uk
leoj
AG
Anyone looking at HD right now?
EngrAg14
AG
leoj said:

Quote:

Square $SQ settled +2.4% at $74.42, notably above gap resistance and the 200dma. Arguably, even the bolder bears will have bailed today, as there is now empty air to the 82/83s. Superior alt: $PYPL @SimonDiceSun
@permabear_uk

I hoped on 6/28 $75

Hope it hits 82/83!
Also would be great for a good trump tweet tomorrow end the week amazingly and then enter the next week high as a kite! Hit $300 before the summit
rgag12
AG
I hope we retaliate against Iran sometime before next Friday. I really don't want the China deal celebration potentially ruined by us issuing more sanctions or a bomb strike.
ProgN
rgag12 said:

I hope we retaliate against Iran sometime before next Friday. I really don't want the China deal celebration potentially ruined by us issuing more sanctions or a bomb strike.
I don't think we will do anything. That statement today by Trump gives Iran cover but it's a final warning. The only way we strike is if they do it again, IMO.
aunuwyn08
AG
Prognightmare said:

rgag12 said:

I don't think we will do anything. That statement today by Trump gives Iran cover but it's a final warning. The only way we strike is if they do it again, IMO.

I'd put the likelihood of a China deal that has real, not token concessions, at less than 5% before 2021.
ProgN
If AMD dips to $28.25 I'll be re-entering calls. That's a pullback to the MA, does anyone else agree with this? Thoughts?
gougler08
AG
SUM bounced off $18 again yesterday, should run if it can make it through that resistance
EngrAg14
AG
Prognightmare said:

If AMD dips to $28.25 I'll be re-entering calls. That's a pullback to the MA, does anyone else agree with this? Thoughts?

That right RH is also showing a lot of calls for $28.4 and $28.7(more here) so 28.45 might be a little bit safer.
But charts are showing 28.25.

Just hope it doesn't re-enter a box trend, although I expect earnings to bump it out since they have just been killing everything they touch. I want to buy a new computer once their stuff hits the floor.
tailgatetimer10
AG
This quarter has got to be a continuation of last... Improved cash flow and reduction of inventory. If that holds true it should be good to go.

Q3 should be easy, on the other hand, with the new products
oldarmy1
AG
OSTK has buyer interest. Let's see if that technical signal gets confirmed from yesterday.
oldarmy1
AG
I have MU so wrapped up my positions are actually net green with it lower and would actually gain if drops through today. I took Put/Calls weekly as added hedge on the cheap, since it traded so tight all yesterday afternoon.

Baird comes out early this morning with lower guidance to $28. So we have the big names lowered over the last 3 weeks to $37,$38 & $42, followed by this "Mrs. Bairds" I'll call them, taking one for the team and lowering to $28.

MU is would super tight and bands are contracting. Put/Call spread should pay well whichever way it breaks, but we've had induced selling pressure via ratings for weeks now. Stock could ignore the news, if weak as expected. It would shoot up $5+ on a beat but then you'd want to take profits quickly before earnings call - just in case. And, should they really surprise the market and announce a dividend, you'd see a $10 move upward regardless of their earnings or guidance.
Ragoo
AG
Something just feels like a gap down at the open but move higher through the day kind of day.

The SPY is going to open pretty far below the 15 minute Kelt channel.
oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

Something just feels like a gap down at the open but move higher through the day kind of day.

I like that squeeze thinking. Which SPY option you eyeing?
ProgN
EngrAg14 said:

Prognightmare said:

That right RH is also showing a lot of calls for $28.4 and $28.7(more here) so 28.45 might be a little bit safer.
But charts are showing 28.25.

Just hope it doesn't re-enter a box trend, although I expect earnings to bump it out since they have just been killing everything they touch. I want to buy a new computer once their stuff hits the floor.
I'm not worried about earnings because the story for the future is what will move the stock now and limit downside. I don't mind buying calls when it hits $28.50 because, barring a war with Iran I think it takes out it's high on the next leg higher. JMO
oldarmy1
AG
Think I'll throw a $0.25 bid on the expiring $295's for the open. Not much risk loss at $250/10 calls.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ragoo said:

I like that squeeze thinking. Which SPY option you eyeing?
if I do anything it will be to scalp a cheap near the money call of the SPY. Something to get in and out on a change in direction.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Think I'll throw a $0.25 bid on the expiring $295's for the open. Not much risk loss at $250/10 calls.
Nuts, some buying volume hit the markets
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

yes, something like this. Although I will try and get the cheapest option near the 294 line. Assuming we open below and get a run back up to the lower channel band.
oldarmy1
AG
TWTR just has the look of a stock that could create an engulfing candle off yesterdays selling. Watch that to see if it pivots just below yesterdays lows and heads upward.

(It already did pivot below yesterdays low, so will be one to watch as its been sideways for a while now)
oldarmy1
AG
SPY filled at 25 cents. OK, lets see what we get
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SPY filled at 25 cents. OK, lets see what we get
MOTD is close to $295 which would get 50 cents likely on these. That's assuming we don't lose it and trend lower.
oldarmy1
AG
2947 was last pullback on trend yesterday. See if buyers come in. If not I think its butkis
IrishTxAggie
AG
STZ ouch...
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/corona-parent-constellation-brands-to-record-106-million-loss-as-its-share-of-canopy-growths-losses-2019-06-21?siteid=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20marketwatch/marketpulse%20(MarketWatch.com%20-%20MarketPulse)

$106MM loss on CGC
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

2947 was last pullback on trend yesterday. See if buyers come in. If not I think its butkis
Right off 2947 first time around
EngrAg14
AG
I think AAPL $210-215 is the biggest lottery pick if you want to play the G20 assuming a deal is made.

They have the most to gain from production and tariffs being removed for a big company that has taken a lot of media coverage and a lot of hit lately.
First Page Last Page
Page 605 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.