Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,006 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by jagvocate
FriskyGardenGnome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
pfo said:

ranchag04 said:

If I wanted to eat plants I would eat a salad. These plant burgers have just as many calories, higher carbs and much higher sodium. They are not any healthier and cost more .......so what's the point? Why not just order a burger with real meat?

My technical analyst's daughter ate one over at a vegan's house and she had to be rushed to the emergency room. She is highly allergic to pees and that's the main ingredient.

I sure hope the people urinating in the mixers are vegan.
E
AG
The only "plant based" burger I've ever heard was good was the Impossible Burger, otherwise they're all terrible.
CheladaAg
AG
I sampled Beyond Meat at Freebirds yesterday. It needs to be mixed with something for it to not taste like eating cardboard. Freebirds cooks it with some seasoning. I can't imagine a burger tasting good. The server did say that they have been having supply issues with the increased demand.
oldarmy1
AG
Funny how many times oil related news takes an extra day to see it in markets. It's as if the world needs a reminder that energy will require oil for many years, regardless of alternative fuels.
IrishTxAggie
AG
One of the biggest issues that I foresee the meat alternative market running into is allergies. I've seen a couple that are very vague on the ingredient labels and that will cause more issues similar to what pfo's daughter ran into. They also use scientific names that your common person not well versed in chemistry or agriculture don't understand. People have poultry allergies (rare, but it does exist) but these people know what they're ingesting. There are only so many things you can call fowl. With plants and grains, we use all sorts things to 'deceive' or 'market to' the consumers.
Aggie_2463
AG
TEUM up 6.5%.

That one just has me nervous to dive back in after last Friday.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

What happened with SUM?
Colombia Argos Group approached them about a merger.
What are your thoughts on closing out covered calls (and taking a loss) on this type of news?
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OSTK chart continues to show bottom formed with channel move upward initiating.
Agreed, I'm hopping in on this one
Aggie_2463
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

$10.15 look like a good entry point for shares, or does anyone think it dips back into the 9s?

Been watching it too the last few weeks.
gougler08
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

$10.15 look like a good entry point for shares, or does anyone think it dips back into the 9s?

Been watching it too the last few weeks.
I was going to sell puts just in case, but decided to just hop in here...a 50% retrace from March prices is still $6/share gain and OA analysis has been good to me on these in the past (ALGN being most recent)
HoustonAg2014
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

ranchag04 said:

If I wanted to eat plants I would eat a salad. These plant burgers have just as many calories, higher carbs and much higher sodium. They are not any healthier and cost more .......so what's the point? Why not just order a burger with real meat?
Because hippies, vegetarians, and progressives are suckers and easy marketing targets. They rarely take facts into account.
Because cows are killing the environment and if we don't start eating plants, the world is going to end in 12 years.
UpstateAg
AG
Bought some OSTK because I trust OA. The Liberia blockchain thing is a bit weird to me. But in talking to my neighbor who is an event coordinator for a large non-profit in Atlanta, they use OSTK for a lot of stuff.
pfo
AG
Tyson Foods just announced combination angus and pea based products to go after Beyond Meat. Their press release said they are lower calorie and lower in saturated fat than Beyond Meats pea based product.

So maybe an opportunity for our options traders.
leoj
AG
At 52 week highs, wish I had added to my long position when it was at the lows earlier this year. Them and Hormel are good companies to be in.
59 South
AG
SUM with a model T. I was eyeing July $15 calls yesterday at about $.30 when it was $13.50. Damn.
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

SUM with a model T. I was eyeing July $15 calls yesterday at about $.30 when it was $13.50. Damn.
Good eye
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

What happened with SUM?
What are your thoughts on closing out covered calls (and taking a loss) on this type of news?
What covered calls you in? If no follow through news this could wane short term. At least the extra premium.
rgag12
AG
Oh what you didn't know that merger announcement was coming? Dang man, you should've just asked me! I would've let you in on it.
oldarmy1
AG
Added to my JPM calls
oldarmy1
AG
CDE & GOLD breakouts continue on trend. Accumulation period is over on gold stocks.
59 South
AG
rgag12 said:

Oh what you didn't know that merger announcement was coming? Dang man, you should've just asked me! I would've let you in on it.
59 South
AG
Come on MU. Break 33.60 and we might get that engulfing candle

Would probably need a push above 2900 on S&P to get it.
Shundere
lot's of volume on this climb up for JPM
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

What happened with SUM?
What covered calls you in? If no follow through news this could wane short term. At least the extra premium.
Nov 17.5's...my thought was if they get called out it's still a good profit for the shares I have and resistance has been strong when it gets there. Now worried if these rumors are true you could see it shoot up to $20+
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Added to my JPM calls
missed your entry
IrishTxAggie
AG
DE is breaking out
tramaro1
AG
Don't jinx it
IrishTxAggie
AG
Whoops...
EngrAg14
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Whoops...
Its S&P 2900 resistance, its hitting everything it seems.
oldarmy1
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

DE is breaking out
I grabbed weekly DE $152.50 on this pullback for 35 cents.
oldarmy1
AG
SWN and RIG might form reversal candles today....might just hold up around here and then move after hours. That's how I would do it if I had been buying bunches of shares last few days.
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

DE is breaking out
I grabbed weekly DE $152.50 on this pullback for 35 cents.
I'm sitting on a $.40 average on them. I doubled down this morning.
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SWN and RIG might form reversal candles today....might just hold up around here and then move after hours. That's how I would do it if I had been buying bunches of shares last few days.
Can you go ahead and make NIO do that too please?
oldarmy1
AG
Rips that go nowhere. Yeah they make stocks drop back every time they rip down but its all been within a gap up channel. Basing and shaking before a run. Close today anywhere in the channel and odds are big for a rally.
ProgN
First Page Last Page
Page 593 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.