Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,692 Views | 224567 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by I bleed maroon
pfo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still not tired of winning! A common sense, street fighting billionaire businessman was exactly the prescription America needed.

America finally got it right again after trying everything first!

Cutting taxes, cutting insane regulations and fixing problems really works and is MAGA!
Pignorant
AG
pfo said:

Still not tired of winning! A common sense, street fighting billionaire businessman was exactly the prescription America needed.

America finally got it right again after trying everything first!

Cutting taxes, cutting insane regulations and fixing problems really works and is MAGA!
Wrong forum.
YNWA_AG
AG
Good movement from PINS on earnings day
ProgN
YNWA_AG said:

Good movement from PINS on earnings day

I like trading that one but I'm not gambling with earnings. It should move aggressively up or down after reporting and I have a tendency to always pick the wrong side of that gamble.
tramaro1
AG
Agree, I took my 15% ROI this morning and said thanks. My luck it will tank after earnings.
WestTexAg12
AG
tramaro1 said:

Agree, I took my 15% ROI this morning and said thanks. My luck it will tank after earnings.

I'll be taking my 25% ROI shortly

30% now. Gonna hold off
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I thought the original target on the PINS calls was 235-250. Above 2 at the moment.
WestTexAg12
AG
OKTA has been one of my favorite stocks in the last 2 years. It's killing it.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
WestTexAg12
AG
Tried getting out of PINS calls right before the bell. Didn't fill any. Now it's down big AH
YNWA_AG
AG
AMAT beat. NVDA next
rgag12
AG
PINS, yikes
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
rgag12 said:

PINS, yikes
Yeah, very glad I sold those calls at 2.35.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

Tried getting out of PINS calls right before the bell. Didn't fill any. Now it's down big AH
Sorry to hear that. Been there for sure.
YNWA_AG
AG
gotsand said:

rgag12 said:

PINS, yikes
Yeah, very glad I sold those calls at 2.35.
glad I got out at 1.70 now
WestTexAg12
AG
gotsand said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Sorry to hear that. Been there for sure.

I put it in for $2.25, and right when I hit place order, went back and it had dropped down to $2.20. RH is terrible in that aspect
E
AG
Got out of my PINS call an hour before close
YNWA_AG
AG
YNWA_AG said:

AMAT beat. NVDA next
nvda up 5%
rgag12
AG
Congrats to all you NVDA speculators!
CheladaAg
AG
rgag12 said:

Congrats to all you NVDA speculators!
Had the China riff raff not rattled a few weeks ago, this stock would be accelerating way above $200. It will get there eventually. I had $200 calls that expire tomorrow but probably wont be worth much unless this somehow takes off by end of tomorrow.
ProgN
tramaro1 said:

Good job
tramaro1
AG
Thanks. Wow finally got one right, lol
leoj
AG
Turned the PINS options into net free near the end of the day. Figured even if it dove they are long dated options, just didn't figure on such a nose dive. Now I get to hope for some kind of recovery lol.
WestTexAg12
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

tramaro1 said:

I'll be taking my 25% ROI shortly

30% now. Gonna hold off

Dumb dumb dumb. God I'm an idiot
Bonfire1996
AG
PINS is a great long term short opportunity. Instagram stories is absolutely destroying Pinterest. I don't know any specialty retailer that uses Pinterest anymore to drive revenue. There is no interaction. Instagram is interaction in near real time, as if in the store. There is going to be a time in the very near future where Pinterest has user growth numbers that disappoint. The financials will improve in the short term, but they are going to hemorrhage users very soon.
ProgN
NVDA must not be having a good conference call.
Rice and Fries
Personally, I hate Pintrest cause they take over google images when I'm trying to search for specific stuff. Its soon to be a dying platform.
aunuwyn08
AG
Let me preface this with I'm a complete novice to options (I know what a put and call is but that's it, and have never traded them):

I've got a strong suspicion that by the end of Computrex in July AMD is going to over $32 at minimum due to the unveiling of their Ryzen 3 desktop processors. Early access demos have already seen them surpass Intel's current flagship (and they have no counter punch in the short run).

How would I take advantage of this potential opportunity by buying calls?
ProgN
aunuwyn08 said:

Let me preface this with I'm a complete novice to options (I know what a put and call is but that's it, and have never traded them):

I've got a strong suspicion that by the end of Computrex in July AMD is going to over $32 at minimum due to the unveiling of their Ryzen 3 desktop processors. Early access demos have already seen them surpass Intel's current flagship (and they have no counter punch in the short run).

How would I take advantage of this potential opportunity by buying calls?
Look at the 7/19 $32 strike calls on AMD. currently @ $.86 a contract.

ETA: that's $86 to control 100 shares of AMD; $860 to control 1000 shares.
aunuwyn08
AG
So if I buy those calls what happens next? Do I have to sell the calls before the expiration date, or do they automatically sell at that date and I either gain or lose money depending on the share price?
ryanhnc10
AG
aunuwyn08 said:

So if I buy those calls what happens next? Do I have to sell the calls before the expiration date, or do they automatically sell at that date and I either gain or lose money depending on the share price?

Is there a reason you don't want to just buy the stock outright?
aunuwyn08
AG
I want to try out options trading, and i'd like to make more money in the short term than holding the stock would give me.
Rice and Fries
aunuwyn08 said:

You will have to either sell prior or let them assign by having enough money in your account to cover. But if AMD caters (aka China) your options would expire worthless.
aunuwyn08
AG
Awesome, that makes sense. Thanks for the help.
ProgN
aunuwyn08 said:

Awesome, that makes sense. Thanks for the help.
What R&F said is correct. I'd recommend paper trading them starting today unless you plan on buying them today for real. For instance, write down the number of contracts and price on paper and follow its movements everyday. This will get you acclimated to the price actions. You can buy and sell options just like stocks before expiration. This will also teach you how time decay affects the option price. Some brokerage firms have a paper trading option on their websites and I recommend that. However, if you buy them for real, then you're in the game.

I assume you're in or very familiar with the industry and I like your conviction. I'm putting those calls on my watch list and if AMD pulls back to 26, then I'll buy some of those calls. Thanks for the tip.
ProgN
DE is down 3.6%
First Page Last Page
Page 554 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.