Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,026,688 Views | 224248 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by ProgN
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
csco beat eps and revenue. up around 2% AH

now up 3% to $54+
oldarmy1
AG
YNWA_AG said:

csco beat eps and revenue. up around 1.5% AH
And good guidance through Q4
oldarmy1
AG
Based on adjusted premium (always drops post earnings) if CSCO holds around $54 then those May 24th $58 calls would be around $0.21 cents at open from 3 cents at close.

And if it presses to $55 the calls would be 37cents tomorrow.

Now, we hope the China portion of the pricing pressures doesn't reverse it - and the markets with it.

And for fun I calculate the off chance we get the big candle carrying us back to $57 area tomorrow. Options would be $0.93
EngrAg14
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Based on adjusted premium (always drops post earnings) if CSCO holds around $54 then those May 24th $58 calls would be around $0.21 cents at open from 3 cents at close.

And if it presses to $55 the calls would be 37cents tomorrow.

Now, we hope the China portion of the pricing pressures doesn't reverse it - and the markets with it.

And for fun I calculate the off chance we get the big candle carrying us back to $57 area tomorrow. Options would be $0.93
Good stuff grabbed some $55 5/31 calls before closing, hope it hits 55-56 tomorrow!
oldarmy1
AG
https://247wallst.com/technology-3/2019/05/15/why-cisco-earnings-are-so-great/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2FRyNm+%2824%2F7+Wall+St.%29
oldarmy1
AG
Well, CSCO will offset the stupid OSTK trade. I want to see Mr. Byrnes.
oldarmy1
AG
If you draw our "Model T" triangle post reaction on CSCO you'll see that it didn't come close to back to middle. Bullish
YNWA_AG
YNWA_AG
AG
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/15/trump-signs-executive-order-declaring-national-emergency-over-threats-against-us-technology.html

President Donald Trump on Wednesday declared a national emergency over threats against American technology, the White House said.
The move, done via executive order, is expected to precede a ban on U.S. firms doing business with the Chinese telecommunications company Huawei, though the order does not refer to Huawei directly.

The order authorizes the Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, in consultation with other top officials, to block transactions that involve information or communications technology that "poses an unacceptable risk to the national security of the United States."
The announcement comes as the U.S and China remain locked in a trade dispute and could escalate tensions between the world's two largest economies.
In a statement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders wrote that the administration will "protect America from foreign adversaries who are actively and increasingly creating and exploiting vulnerabilities in information and communications technology infrastructure and services in the United States."
Trump has pushed allies around the world not to adopt the company's next generation 5G network technology, which American officials have warned could be used for spying by the Chinese. Huawei has forcefully denied the allegation.
In January, the Department of Justice announced a slew of charges against the firm, including for stealing trade secrets from T-Mobile USA. And both Huawei and ZTE, another Chinese telecom company, were barred from most U.S. government contract work by the 2019 Defense Authorization Act.
ProgN
CSCO is over $54. I'm not in this trade but congrats OA and all who followed. It should take out $55 today barring a market sell off.
oldarmy1
AG
Markets have that "sell the open" look.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Markets have that "sell the open" look.
Agreed
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
C'mon DOCU hit that 55 midpoint.

Now out of the weeklies +76%. Don't have time to babysit them today...real job something something.

edit: there's the 55 midpoint retrace in the box.
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3464514-roku-will-offer-1m-shares
Quote:

Roku (NASDAQ:ROKU) files for an offering via Morgan Stanley with the proceeds going towards working capital and general corporate purposes.

The company had 82M shares outstanding (73.3M float) at the end of last month.
E
AG
So happy to see green after almost two weeks of red!

*knocks on wood*
ProgN
I sold the majority of my options at profit. Still in the july NVDA 200 calls but only have a couple. It may be a mistake, but going into the weekend, it's a safe play.
Trolley Problems
The WLL 5/31 $24 calls are doing well this morning. Folks that are in them - holding here or exiting for the ~ 50% return?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Took 3/4 of at $1.55

I just took the rest off at $1.60. I don't like how the volume has stagnated.
ProgN
I sold
Pignorant
AG
Are will still anticipating JD to test above $31?

Not a great opening.
Rice and Fries
Nice bottom V.
gougler08
AG
MU looks like it has pretty strong support around 37
ProgN
I'm getting the feel that we have a late day selloff.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I like the 6/21 NFLX 370C based on the trading range it's in, but $930+ is too steep for me.
rgag12
AG
Any technical reason or just a gut feeling?
ProgN
Just a gut feeling. The markets pulled back in the last hour the previous 2 days. We are going into the weekend and a trade deal over the weekend probably won't happen. Earning season is winding down. I just get the feel traders will book some profits to see what happens. I might be wrong but cash is always king and there's ALWAYS something to buy.
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

Bought SPY 290 out 14 days earlier this afternoon
bought at $1.09 sold at $2.04

Nice $1,000 profit.
02skiag
AG
$35 LPSN calls are not responding much to the increase in stock price.
jmcfar_98
AG
02skiag said:

Too much time until expiration.
Rice and Fries
Still got ~$5.50 to go in stock price to get in the money brah....
02skiag
AG
I should clarify. The last time the price was this high, the call prices went up much higher. I guess it's the time decay.
JobSecurity
AG
PYPL nice flag on 5m chart at all time highs
E
AG
02skiag said:

Trolley Problems
IrishTxAggie said:

Took 3/4 of at $1.55

I just took the rest off at $1.60. I don't like how the volume has stagnated.

Got out at $1.55.
BenRev09
AG
02skiag said:

I should clarify. The last time the price was this high, the call prices went up much higher. I guess it's the time decay.

I think there was higher volume then due to recent company news
First Page Last Page
Page 553 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.