Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,330 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by jagvocate
HoustonAg2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Facebook taking a beating on all this trade news. Facebook doesn't operate in China do they? I am assuming it's just because the market is dragging but seems like a buy here doesn't it?
ProgN
Thank you for commenting. I suspected you'd have a valuable take but I didn't want to put you on the spot on the thread.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

Facebook taking a beating on all this trade news. Facebook doesn't operate in China do they? I am assuming it's just because the market is dragging but seems like a buy here doesn't it?
Depends on where you're at in China. It's blocked in some provinces, but not all. It works in Hong Kong and it worked for me in Shanghai and I was in Shanghai back in October I think.

Edit:
This was without using a VPN
oldarmy1
AG
Still a flag pattern on FB
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

SONO red/green pattern interrupted by market actions. A buy under $11

OA1, how we feeling about this play now?
Ragoo
AG
Sold off BA and DIS

Still believe in both long but went 50% cash in my Roth
HoustonAg2014
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Can you explain this? I apologize. I know people have before and have posted flag charts. I am still working on my charting.

Thank you!
oldarmy1
AG
Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

For option I'd go out at least 30 days.

h pattern off that little jump forming. Again - if no China deal then everything will go on sale lower.
Aggie_2463
AG
On sidelines in bonds on 401K waiting for a market correction.

IRA have about 40% in cash at the moment, waiting...
oldarmy1
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

oldarmy1 said:

Can you explain this? I apologize. I know people have before and have posted flag charts. I am still working on my charting.

Thank you!
Means it has support which keeps it in a range. Markets surge and likely to break out. Note the previous one coming off a big move up was REALLY LONG. Some can be short and pop - others like that. So what you do if you have shares like I do sell covered calls on the huge long candle upward by no later than Day 2. Then you sit and wait. If it expires and you collect premium you do it again on any up day closer to upper flag boundary.

oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

h pattern off that little jump forming. Again - if no China deal then everything will go on sale lower.
h pattern didn't fully complete before another bounce. That is you que that some large bulls are buying right down here.
WestTexAg12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Rice and Fries said:

oldarmy1 said:

h pattern didn't fully complete before another bounce. That is you que that some large bulls are buying right down here.

"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
HoustonAg2014
AG
Thank you very much! I sold covered calls yesterday. I sold the 197.50 calls when the price got back up around 193. I am hoping the 190ish level holds strong... That was very helpful.
WestTexAg12
AG
Many of my stocks look like they hit a bottom V. Or is it a trap?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
leoj
AG
Tyson was a great long term buy a few months ago at the 52 week lows, as was Hormel a year-ish ago around $33. Not like people are ever going to stop eating protein and both companies are well managed and innovative.
E
AG
so much red after a very green day yesterday
CheladaAg
AG
VIX getting awfully close to Dec levels.
IrishTxAggie
AG
leoj said:

Tyson was a great long term buy a few months ago at the 52 week lows, as was Hormel a year-ish ago around $33. Not like people are ever going to stop eating protein and both companies are well managed and innovative.
As long as soy prices stay in the tank, it is really going to prop up poultry and swine markets. Decreased feed costs stretches a long way across the operating costs since most of the other costs are fixed.
Aggie_2463
AG
CHk at 2.76 and ER is AH today? Hmm may dip my toes in again
mrad85
AG
2 out of 50 on my watchlist are green. FMC and Beyond Meats.

The dam has burst I do believe
mavsfan4ever
AG
What's going on with JD? Why the big dropoff two days in a row? Trump news or does earnings have somehting to do with it?

I'm planning on keeping it as a long term play, but wouldve been nice to sell when it was above $30 and then buy back in now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Trump news. YY and IQ are taking it on the chin too
Rice and Fries
mavsfan4ever said:

What's going on with JD? Why the big dropoff two days in a row? Trump news or does earnings have somehting to do with it?

I'm planning on keeping it as a long term play, but wouldve been nice to sell when it was above $30 and then buy back in now.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-companies-might-suffer-trade-155103795.html
Rice and Fries
Possible bottom V forming on the SPY daily.
EngrAg14
AG
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/chinese-team-heads-to-washington-to-salvage-trade-talks/ar-AAB13gT?ocid=ientp
IrishTxAggie
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Possible bottom V forming on the SPY daily.
I thought the same thing at 11:05...
rgag12
AG
I really hope tomorrow the market has another day like today. Always like a good fire sale.
ProgN
rgag12 said:

I really hope tomorrow the market has another day like today. Always like a good fire sale.

Ideal situation would be a flash down open and fill that 2836 gap. That capitulation would be healthy. It won't be a fun ride but just weather the storm. JMO
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

rgag12 said:

Ideal situation would be a flash down open and fill that 2836 gap. That capitulation would be healthy. It won't be a fun ride but just weather the storm. JMO

With momentum overrun to 2800 area
Pignorant
AG
TMO down big today. That might be one to keep an eye on for a future play if/when we level off.
Rice and Fries
Gotta get those $280 calls that are 30+ days out!
UpstateAg
AG
We are a ways to go on from my wish list and buy prices. JNJ is one I am waiting on. Give me another 20% please...
Rice and Fries
Do you have BA on that list? They are in free-fall
monarch
S
All because of one or two tweets...Beginning to really wish that DJT would just STFU...
Peace for Ukraine!
Aggie_2463
AG
monarch said:

All because of one or two tweets...Beginning to really wish that DJT would just STFU...
His people need good entry points
First Page Last Page
Page 528 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.